Water Tank

bankruatsteve

We have a 1500 l water tank and when I remove the top and look into it, I see like a sludge of sediment at the bottom. The supply is both from bore hole pump and "city" but I'm pretty sure both are the same (as in not all that clear).

I don't have a filter on anything - but noticed a sand filter at Global and wonder if that would help a lot (ie: hook up the line to that before the tank?).

The other problem is: any suggestions on how to get rid of the sludge on the bottom of the tank? We drained it once and mopped out most of it. But, now back. Maybe a filter is the answer but just wondering if there is some type of suction/vacuum thing that would do the job?

Thanks.

Steve: I have he same problem but gave up doing anything much about it...considering installing a sand filter too..someplace on TV there was a diagram of one built out of those concrete cylinders...I guess before the tank is best..

I always open up the cocks at the bottom of tanks for a a minute or so before topping up the tanks manual switches on well pumps)..seems to pour out the worst of the sludge. I guess stirring it all up would be a good idea if the tank is almost empty..

I think a big issue is the accumulation of sediment in our wells as my intake valves sometimes get clogged and then have to pull out the pipe clean valve etc as pumps have not held prime so do not work....aaah.. so much fun eh?

I often dump in a handful of water softening/clarifier crystalline stuff ( soda or alum not sure..but buy it locally in lumps) Works quickly..Wife reckons she can taste it the water though!

Steve: I have he same problem but gave up doing anything much about it...considering installing a sand filter too..someplace on TV there was a diagram of one built out of those concrete cylinders...I guess before the tank is best..

I have bought the Waterco's filter 'Micron W300' that uses 'Zeoplus' (another name for Zeolite) and filters sediments down to 10 microns. The price with installation here in Hua Hin is 22,500 baht. Back-wash is manual.

http://www.waterco.c...cron_Series.pdf

http://www.waterco.c...er=1&page_id=43