Air Fare To Toronto Canada

rodders2

I need to go to Toronto for a couple of months and I am trying to find the cheapest fare. I'm not too worried about which airline or the times and the dates are relatively flexible also, but I would like to go by the 7th Aug If I can. If not then no matter. Can anyone help with which is the best service available and the expected cost. I live in KamphaegnPhet so I guess I would have to book online.

You can usually save some money by going through the US. United had a sale from Toronto to BKK going through Chicago and Narita that was really cheap but, unless your budget is really tight I wouldn't do it. The trip is long enough as it is without adding extra connections and immigration checks. I bought a round trip last year from BKK to Toronto and did it online with Air Canada.com. I know a lot of people hate them but they do use new 777's for the trip to Narita or HKG where you transfer to Thai, ANA, or United for the flight to BKK. The one downside is that some of the flights stop in Vancouver and they tend to be the cheapest fares. It is possible to get a cheap fare without stopping in Vanncouver and I would pay a little extra to avoid it. If you can wait until Sept then AC's fares drop quite a bit to about $1800CAD return all in. They are charging peak rates right now, so its almost $1000 more. You have to put in dates you want though because the fares do vary wildly.

When I returned from Toronto I missed my connecting flight with ANA at Narita because the AC plane was delayed. Everything was arranged when I arrived in Narita, a hotel for the night, meals, and buses to and from the airport. The next day I was put on the first Thai flight to BKK. I think they handled it well and that's the benefit of booking it all on one ticket rather than piecing it together yourself to get the best deal. You also get almost enough aeroplan miles with this flight for a free ticket to many places in Asia from Thailand like Japan or HKG, so if you were planning a getaway in the future it could save you some money.

If your main concern is price, check out something like skyscanner.net, there are a ton of sites like them if you do a search.

EVA has direct flights to TPE now. You leave 11:30pm arrive TPE 4:30 and are on the 1st flight out at 8:30 to BKK.

The time cushion comes in handy during Typhoon and Blizzard seasons.

I have taken the BKK-NRT-YYZ route 8X in the past 2 years and 50% of the time my bags don't make it because of the tight connections. The only flight one is sure to get that delives the bags is that annoying UA flight at 06:30 giving about 2 hours connection in NRT. Under no circumstances take the TG flight as it is always late and the B747 is decrepit and filthy on the route. The ANA conenction is ok ad they help if the flight is late. Avoid connections in the states. The LAX gateway is a disaster and you can spend 90 minutes clearing customs and enduring the rudeness that is LAX. Avoid YVR connections. Customs is rude and nasty and the AB320 equipment on the YVR-YYZ leg will leave you crying. The B767 service from NRT to YVR is unreliable because the planes are ancient and the stpid entertainment system breaksdown. Take the modern B777 between NRT and YYZ. or better yet take the EVAflight at 12:30pm from Bangkok and connect in TPE at 4:30pm for the direct flight to YYZ. <deleted> star alliance and their proces and crappy service. If you are interested in EVAA go to the website. it's about 25% cheaper than the travel websites.

• 1 month later...

I am hoping to treat a very good friend to a round trip ticket from BKK to Toronto, for a couple of month visit. Her first time in a plane, much less in Canada. The timing is a long way off, like about Aug 2011 unless that is high season. Any suggestions which travel site I should start to monitor? I'll keep a watch on EVA per the previous post. Price, not comfort, unfortunately is most important.

Air China - or China Air - can't remember which, had round trip YVR - BKK for about $900.00 economy

My EVA flight YVR - TPE - BKK is $1900.00 in Evergreen Deluxe

Both airlines conect in Taipei. The benefit of EVA is that it goes direct to YYZ now. Asking a Thai to endure customs & immigration in YVR is unfair and asking for trouble. I find that the female CBSA agents assume everyone is a sex pervert or sex worker if they are coming from Thailand. There is an undercurrent of prejudice too, particularly from the predominantly very young east asian personnel. It's as if they have it in for some minority groups particularly SE asians. It's very different in Toronto, where the CBSA can be just as abrupt and rude, but they seem to have a better grasp of reality and there are more experienced staff that don't jump to conclusions. I am harping on this because the entry experience can be rough and very stressful. It might be worth it to avoid the hassle of changing terminals in YVR and having to get on a WJ or AC domestic flight that requires a lengthy layover. Getting on in BKK with EVA is practically a guaranteed delivery at Terminal 3 in YYZ.

The problem with China Airlines is that the pricing is wacky. It's internet site is horrible with cheaper fees found at Orbitz and even expedia. Eva has a better website and its prices are always much lower than on line travel agencies. EVA also has some special deals with prefered travel agencies so one can get an even lower price sometimes. You ahve to call EVA sales office for a referral. If one prices out the cost of a domestic flight with CAI vs the direct with EVA, the more expensive EVA fare is offset by not having to take the 5 hr flight for YVR-YYZ. (You also avoid the sales tax).

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to treat a very good friend to a round trip ticket from BKK to Toronto, for a couple of month visit. Her first time in a plane, much less in Canada. The timing is a long way off, like about Aug 2011 unless that is high season. Any suggestions which travel site I should start to monitor? I'll keep a watch on EVA per the previous post. Price, not comfort, unfortunately is most important.

Recently I saw on Vayama.com Air India had a BKK-Toronto-BKK for $USD 1,221. Anybody seen any lower price than that? One stop in India. Ever fly Air India before? I accessed the site from the U.S. so the tickets were priced at $USD rather than THB - big savings these days.