Anybody Hosting With 3ix.org ?

Uncle_Ho

I think i saw 'search engine submit' in the control panel a few days ago but now when i emailed them the answer was "the latest version of our control panel does not include this feature"

strange !!

anyway, i just hosted a brand new website for a friend and i am wondering how do i make the search engine like yahoo or google know the page is there ? Say, i have just hosted a website for italian restaurant in bangkok now i want yahoo or google to point to me when somebody types "italian restaurant in bangkok" ...

some website are charging me for having keywords of the website submitted to the search engine .. but a friend of mine told me it can be done for free .. not being cheap here but just wondering if its possible.

Somebody expert in this area - your suggestions are needed

Please help and thanks in advance.

Edited by Uncle_Ho

Have a look through the home page of search engines for 'webmaster' links, most have some way to submit your site for indexing, and also offer a few tips on how to make your site search engine friendly, ie. the Google webmaster page. It's free.

I have 3iX accounts but I can't remember seeing an icon like that (not that my memory is very good). Anyway, you don't need it.

If this restaurant happens to do a *good* pizza PM me with the details and I might turn up and check it out :o

Edited by Crushdepth

Hi Uncle_Ho,

It's correct that cPanel have removed the search engine submit feature from the latest version, not exactly sure why but I have to say the couple of times I've used it recently I had mixed results, the problem appeared to be that the search engines kept changing the pages (and requirements) for submitting new sites (maybe to stop such automated submissions).

As Crushdepth says there are better ways of doing it, also make sure you do good work on the pages first and get all the relevant keywords in the page names (i.e. italian_pizza_restaurant_bangkok.htm), page descriptions, keywords, top of page, page content etc..

Thank you for hosting your websites with 3iX.

Regards

James

3iX

You should never ever use a submission service. Several real quality inbound links is the best. You will be listed within a few months in the leading search engines, without doing anything.

Good luck!