Gold Card - 30 Baht Medical Services

Wentworth

The Gold Card services are available to Thai citizens only from what i am told. As it can include minor surgery, etc.

Yet at any Thai ran hospital they charge a Farang only 50bt to see a doctor anyway.For a basic consult then very low prices on medication, a fraction of what we pay in our homeland.

Ask before you get any service as some hospitals will take advantage of your lack of knowledge.

For my money most of the time i would not bother with a private hospital (Thus x10 more expensive) unless something very important.

Anyway if you require ongoing medical it may be worth looking into health coverage- yet they will not cover you for pre-existing in most cases. As my partner cannot be covered with liver issues- yet she can get service under the 30bt plan as she Thai. If she was Farang the tratment cost would be approx 15000 Bt pm.

I'm grateful for the info. My wife has a Gold card and Social Insurance as well. It's just that she couldn't really explain it all to me and I was just looking to see what it was all about.

The social security entitles her to treatment at the nominated Private Hospitals. THe Gold card gives free treatment at the nominated public hospital...not others unless a prior referal has been obtained. If it is a regional hospital the quality ranges form good to exceptional. Visits may entail waiting but everone there in the morning will be treated and have x rays tests etc done by the end of the day. Usually if you are there at 8 you will be out by 12.