Warning Ptt Station Doi Saket Road!

Cnxforever

Today at around 2.30 PM we where filling up the truck with diesel at the PTT filling station after the 3rd ring road going towards Doi Saket. The attendant who was at the pump was not wearing the usual uniform which all other attendants at this station wear.

He wears a beige T-Shirt and has a beard. He speaks t0o the others in some (non Thai) dialect .

We asked for 1000 Baht diesel to be put into the car and during the filling process the guy was leaning against the car making it impossible to see the meter.

We waited until he was finished and he came to the window to collect the 1000 Baht for the diesel - which he put in his pocket. Starting the car we noticed that the needle on the indicator was way to low having just put 1000 Baht fuel in.

We asked the guy how much he had put into the tank and his reply was 1000 Baht!

The guy was now leaning against the pump making it impossible for us to see the amount on the meter he had put into the car.

My Thai friend who was driving (and had payed for the diesel) - got out of the car and asked the guy to step aside - which he reluctantly did - sure enough he saw that only 700 Baht where on the meter. He asked the guy again how much he had put into the car - and angrily he answered 700 Baht - handing over the 300 Baht change and walked away. We waited for another attendant to complain but all disappeared.

We then drove around the pumps to the cashiers table to inform the cashier - who just shrugged his shoulder - further back we saw what looked like the managers office we went there - but of course as always in Thailand the office was locked and no "Manager" in sight.

From now on we will be very carefull and check every time how much they out into the car - even though on some older pumps this is difficult to see from inside the car. Only the fact that the guy was so greedy and tried to cheat us out of 300 Baht made us notice that something was wrong.

I don't think we would have noticed 50 or a 100 Baht on the needle in the car. I am sure the guy has been doing this for some time - the other attendants seemed to be afraid of the guy as he was not in uniform, kind of dirty looking his shirt full of holes giving the others orders in a foreign language my Thai friend could not identify.

Be warned!

• Like 1

the other attendants seemed to be afraid of the guy as he was not in uniform, kind of dirty looking his shirt full of holes giving the others orders

Probably a policeman having a day out of the office.

Excellent. Report them to PTT. I have often been suspicious of this sort of thing, but either you have to stand there and watch the dial, or get out pretty smartly, before he can zero it again. There was another PTT station, in Sansai, that I caught short-selling me on fuel. I checked the pump against a 20 litre jerry can, and it was short by almost a litre.

Excellent. Report them to PTT. I have often been suspicious of this sort of thing, but either you have to stand there and watch the dial, or get out pretty smartly, before he can zero it again. There was another PTT station, in Sansai, that I caught short-selling me on fuel. I checked the pump against a 20 litre jerry can, and it was short by almost a litre.

It may make you fell better to report them to PTT but don,t look for a response from them. I'm talking from a personal experience. Ptt station in Khon Kaen. Smoking a cigarette while fueling at the pump.:shock1: Not once but twice. Complaint sent to corporate headquarters in Bangkok. NO RESPONSE.:crazy: I do not use that station anymore.

One thing I or the missus always does is CHECK petrol pump meter, if we can't see it one of us gets out to take a look....also look out for them filling your (petrol) car with the really expensive stuff....ie.not Gasohol.....yes, before anyone says it, yes I know that gasohol is not as efficient as the expensive stuff, but in my little mind it's cheaper and that will do for me!

Some time ago someone started a cheating petrol stations thread ... probably a search on petrol station or gas station in this forum would find it. From memory the most often complained-about one was the station very close to DK Book store. They dudded me in the same manner as the OP, and I also caught them out.

I always get out of my car at a petrol station, watching everything that is going on, and - as I have to use a credit card sometimes - following the attendant to the cashiers desk to make sure they do not try to copy the data or write down the number (the 3-digit code on the backside I have made unrecognizable anyway)

Some time ago someone started a cheating petrol stations thread ... probably a search on petrol station or gas station in this forum would find it. From memory the most often complained-about one was the station very close to DK Book store. They dudded me in the same manner as the OP, and I also caught them out.

Get out of your car and take a look at the precedings proceedings. It isn't difficult and you don't have to walk more than 7 metres to ensure you ain't getting ripped off, and for that matter getting the appropriate fuel for your car.

I find it difficult to believe that some folks are too lazy to make the effort to observe the goings on when putting fuel into their car.

Too many lazy buggers in the world.

Edited by Blinky Bill