Mae Jo, Gassan Special

sticklee

As a member, I have a 600B green fee at MJ and never ever seen any promotion close to that. Over the years, MJ has participated in the area-wide promotions of 800 or 1000B...

Individually, super green fee deals are rare at MJ meaning 1,000B green fee or less...Alpine, CMH or Royal always seem to have promotions of 1,000B green fees during low season...

CB

Good thread for golf updates.

I know:

Gassan Lakes is 200 Baht (caddie fee only) on Mondays, Tuesday and Thursdays for August. This seems to apply to both residents and non residents.

Highlands is currently 1000 Baht plus 250 Baht caddie fee for residents, 2500 Baht plus 250 caddie fee for non residents.

Can anyone confirm other rates, deals?

It seems the management at Mae Jo is totally oblivious to the current economic realities. Kudos to Gassan LakeCity for putting on a caddie fee only promotion. Mae Jo has actually raised their membership fees for the coming year! Dum de dum dum DUM. If I had 20 minutes I could explain how to maximize revenue, but I doubt they would get it.

And btw, I am a member at Mae Jo (Will not re-join unless they get realistic).

I'm not trying to compare apples to oranges here. But for the 650 baht differential, I love Gassan LakeCity. I play 8-10 times a month. I would suggest to the management at GLC, there is no need to keep green fees at zero forever. If they kept them at say 100-150, I would continue to sing their praises. Play will eventually pick up. I guess some of the tee shots are a little difficult for the high handicapper, but better to lose a couple of balls here and there, than pay above some western rates before you even stick the first tee in the ground.

It seems the management at Mae Jo is totally oblivious to the current economic realities. Kudos to Gassan LakeCity for putting on a caddie fee only promotion. Mae Jo has actually raised their membership fees for the coming year! Dum de dum dum DUM. If I had 20 minutes I could explain how to maximize revenue, but I doubt they would get it.

I'm a member there too. 29 baht for a bottle of water in the clubhouse, making their water a cool 58 baht per litre. Makes petrol seem cheap at half the price.

Beer has recently gone up too. They seem to be copying the alpine and going bkk with their prices. I'm often amazed at how greed blinds some people's eyes.

Don't forget golfers that green valley still has their 800 baht charge for green and caddy fee from 2pm each day, finishing off in the floodlights. I'm not sure if it's every day.

I'm not trying to compare apples to oranges here. But for the 650 baht differential, I love Gassan LakeCity. I play 8-10 times a month. I would suggest to the management at GLC, there is no need to keep green fees at zero forever. If they kept them at say 100-150, I would continue to sing their praises. Play will eventually pick up. I guess some of the tee shots are a little difficult for the high handicapper, but better to lose a couple of balls here and there, than pay above some western rates before you even stick the first tee in the ground.

I doubt the GLC promotion will last into the high season but good deal now obviously..Don't forget about lanna for 500 fee/caddy on M/F. Disappointed with MJ raiseing their membership rates. That 200 food coupon ends up costing you more b/c it doesn't cover drinks. Shame on them! But will continue to play MJ b/c no crowds and like the layout.

Questions..My Thai neighbor told me that Royal has a 1,000B green fee now w/o the need to purchase fee coupons. Anyone can verify that? He also told me that santiburi in CR is 800B green fee until the end of aug..good deal!

CB

I know:

Gassan Lakes is 200 Baht (caddie fee only) on Mondays, Tuesday and Thursdays for August. This seems to apply to both residents and non residents.

Highlands is currently 1000 Baht plus 250 Baht caddie fee for residents, 2500 Baht plus 250 caddie fee for non residents.

Anybody confirmed Gassan Lake City prices? I called twice with conflicting info- Monday 200 baht ,Tuesday/Thursday 900! baht - 600 baht member -special rates only for Thais I was told-changed from last month?

Their website is of no use at all!

I know:

Anybody confirmed Gassan Lake City prices? I called twice with conflicting info- Monday 200 baht ,Tuesday/Thursday 900! baht - 600 baht member -special rates only for Thais I was told-changed from last month?

I can confirm 200 THB on Thurs., played last week. Sometimes they ask for the Gassan GO card, sometimes not.

• 5 weeks later...

I know:

We paid 200 for 9 holes on Sunday with 120 Caddie fee. Have to be a member though, currently 200 baht till end Feb

thouroughly enjoyed or game, and the only people there that we could see

David

We paid 200 for 9 holes on Sunday with 120 Caddie fee. Have to be a member though, currently 200 baht till end Feb

David

Did you only want to play 9 or was it that 9 were closed as they were about 10 days ago?

Conflicting prices if you call them! The men that answer try to push the price up but if you speak to one of the women usually get the correct answer.

David

Did you only want to play 9 or was it that 9 were closed as they were about 10 days ago?

Conflicting prices if you call them! The men that answer try to push the price up but if you speak to one of the women usually get the correct answer.

We only wanted to do 9 anyway, being lightweights, and it being 2pm on a hot sunny afternoon!

I think they said 18 holes was double the price for 9....

But the upside is I'm now a member of a golf club! Never thought that would happen!

David