Rudness At Tony'S Fitness

dthomasss

That's funny because all personel at Tony's is Phillipine and NOT thai. So your thai would have been useless. They've always been very friendly to me, the 5,999thb is for half a year not one year.

ALL? Very unlikely. Anyway, the staff I dealt with at Tony's some years ago were NOT Filipinas.

That said, Filipinas in working in Thailand would be likely to offer better service than Thais for obvious reasons. I don't think the complains here referred to Filipinas.

That's funny because all personel at Tony's is Phillipine and NOT thai. So your thai would have been useless. They've always been very friendly to me, the 5,999thb is for half a year not one year.

I know of only one Filipino staff member in the Soi 16 gym. I had no idea all the other gyms had only Filipino staff and I seriously doubt it. The 5,999 baht is for a full year.

Both locations on 3rd road charge 7999thb for 1 year and 5999thb for half a year. Maybe their walking street location is cheaper? Do they offer acces to all the other gyms with that? I seriously doubt this.

At the start of the year they were charging 6,999 for all gyms. Now it's 5,999. This is for renewal and for a full year.

There is nothing worse than walking into a place of business and being greeted with blank stares - lots here in Thailand :realangry:

I joined Calif WOW for 10,000 baht - got a lifetime membership inclusive of ALL their branches (BKK, CM, etc), and Yoga Classes.

Sales people are well trained and friendly. Will show you the facility with great enthusiasm!! Comes negotiation time - be tough and tell them your budget is 10K. You must haggle a little bit - say "I'll think about it" and do a walk out..... they'll give it to you - trust me :D I'm speaking from experience here.

I just heard that California WOW is the same rip off as Tony's. And they keep calling you day by day, so never give your number!

I just heard that California WOW is the same rip off as Tony's.

What do you mean by that? Neither California Wow nor Tonys are rip-offs. To be fair how about you explain how they ripped you off.

I know of only one Filipino staff member in the Soi 16 gym. I had no idea all the other gyms had only Filipino staff and I seriously doubt it. The 5,999 baht is for a full year.

Both locations on 3rd road charge 7999thb for 1 year and 5999thb for half a year. Maybe their walking street location is cheaper? Do they offer acces to all the other gyms with that? I seriously doubt this.

At the start of the year they were charging 6,999 for all gyms. Now it's 5,999. This is for renewal and for a full year.

Well yesterday it still said 7999thb for one year. They do however have a temporarily offer for 5999thb but that won't last long. I <deleted> paid it a month ago I think I know.

Then again this goes for their locations on 3rd road, I never been to their walking street gym but I do have acces to all gyms with this membership. The "bodybuild" gym on 3rd road has been relocated two weeks ago across the road from the "fitness" gym on 3rd road going south past pattaya thai and still hasn't opened yet.

Edited by Crypt36

Well yesterday it still said 7999thb for one year. They do however have a temporarily offer for 5999thb but that won't last long. I <deleted> paid it a month ago I think I know.

Then again this goes for their locations on 3rd road, I never been to their walking street gym but I do have acces to all gyms with this membership. The "bodybuild" gym on 3rd road has been relocated two weeks ago across the road from the "fitness" gym on 3rd road going south past pattaya thai and still hasn't opened yet.

Its a bit confusing.

Apparently if you are renewing existing membership its 5999thb for a year

If you show a gym membership from another gym in Pattaya its 5999thb for a year

If you sign up 1 or 2 friends to full membership you will get your membership for 5999thb for a year

All other cases its presently 7999thb for the year

However last year Tony did the exact same thing. He raises yearly fees to 7999thb for all members. It must not have generated sufficient revenue for him because two months later he reduced the fees back to 5999thb. My guess is that he will probably do the same again this year. Just give it a month.

What do you mean by that? Neither California Wow nor Tonys are rip-offs. To be fair how about you explain how they ripped you off.

Just follow the topics here and understand. Promotions with many options, so even people here are arguing whether 5,999 Bht are for 6 months or 1 year.

I never made bad experiences, so I just heard of some problems. A clear pricing structure certainly would add some credibility to some businesses!

But you were <deleted> talking about half year memberships. The 5,999 is a renewal fee and for a FULL YEAR. 7,999 is for a full year for a new member. As I stated before, starting early this year all memberships include use of all gyms. The 5,999 will probably last quite a while and may even improve as Tony is not having an easy time finding new members these days.

Just follow the topics here and understand. Promotions with many options, so even people here are arguing whether 5,999 Bht are for 6 months or 1 year.

I never made bad experiences, so I just heard of some problems. A clear pricing structure certainly would add some credibility to some businesses!

Perhaps you should follow the topics and understand. I"m asking you to prove your statement that California Wow and Tonys are ripping people off. The info you read on here about half year memberships for 5,999 at Tonys is nonsense. There has never been anything unclear about Tony's pricing. It does vary from season to season and year to year, but there's nothing wrong with that. Anyone with any negotiation skills can get a very good deal at California Wow.

These gyms are not ripping people off. They are both very good value.

But you were <deleted> talking about half year memberships. The 5,999 is a renewal fee and for a FULL YEAR. 7,999 is for a full year for a new member. As I stated before, starting early this year all memberships include use of all gyms. The 5,999 will probably last quite a while and may even improve as Tony is not having an easy time finding new members these days.

Cool, I didn't know they have a renewal fee for only 5999thb! I hope it lasts so next year I'll pay 2000thb less :)

Yes the owner is Australian.

Im not 100 per cent but i have heard that the owner is the nephew of........and rumour only.......................................Sydneys once famous .................Abe S........n.

I dont wish to say the name,but his son wrote a book, Gentle Satan about his father Abe,.....S........try googling it.,it is a great book.

Maybe if you meet the australian owner you can ask him to sign the book for you.

aaah if i was you maybe i would just leave it.

Edited by actiondell4

One off topic post and a quoted reply deleted, please stay on topic and do not post in non relevant threads especially after already starting a new topic on your subject.

Edited by Rimmer

• 1 year later...

Oh, nice people here...

Now that Cwow is closed are you all back to Tony ?

I really dont feel like to give him money because he already have nice cars :-) but 15000 thb lifetime on 4th of august is really a good deal if his clubbs stay open more than 2 years ?

I also wonder if anyone has seen where will his 5 new clubs open ? IS he just pretending to get more memberships on that day ?

Thanks.

Oh, nice people here...

Now that Cwow is closed are you all back to Tony ?

I really dont feel like to give him money because he already have nice cars :-) but 15000 thb lifetime on 4th of august is really a good deal if his clubbs stay open more than 2 years ?

I also wonder if anyone has seen where will his 5 new clubs open ? IS he just pretending to get more memberships on that day ?

Thanks.

If you're asking where the new gym is going to be then its being finished-off on Soi Bukhao. Its on the beach side, near the R-con complex and adjacent to the small market. Its not a tent and is not open to the street so it may be better than a couple of the other locations he has in Pattaya.

A lot of people get cheap lifetime memberships at California Wow, but don't gloat too much about your deal because you may just find the doors closed when you go there to workout, before you die. I bought a 10K life deal there a year ago but I don't consider it a lifetime deal. Just think about it - hundreds, possibly thousands of people who will never contribute one baht to the club ever again, for a lifetime. Think about their overheads. Rent, electricity and staff costs would be quite substantial. There's a reason lifetime deals at gyms were made illegal in many countries.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Posted 2010-08-05

Looks like someone had some inside info. thumbsup.gif