PAD Rally Will Only Complicate Matters: PM Abhisit

webfact

What Farang don't understand is that Thai people would rather die in war then to loose 1 square inch to Cambodia, AGAIN. Isn't 3 provinces and Angkor Wat enough? Someone have to stand up and say enough is enough.

What is it that makes Thai think they know their borders (boundaries)?

What Thai seem to forget is that an International court of Justice decision in 1962 awarded to Preah Vihear temple to Cambodia. A French map of 1907 was used in the argumentation. This map may have been incorrect, but was accepted by the Siam authorities and even used by them for a long time. As Thailand has never been colonialized, don't blame farang.

Was The Kingdom of Thailand/Siam not colonised by the Empire of Japan/Nippon during the Second World War ?

Not as far as the Thai are concerned, only partially conquered (wel een gevoelig punt ;) )

Edited by rubl

What Farang don't understand is that Thai people would rather die in war then to loose 1 square inch to Cambodia, AGAIN. Isn't 3 provinces and Angkor Wat enough? Someone have to stand up and say enough is enough.

What Thai seem to forget is that an International court of Justice decision in 1962 awarded to Preah Vihear temple to Cambodia. A French map of 1907 was used in the argumentation. This map may have been incorrect, but was accepted by the Siam authorities and even used by them for a long time. As Thailand has never been colonialized, don't blame farang.

Was The Kingdom of Thailand/Siam not colonised by the Empire of Japan/Nippon during the Second World War ?

Not as far as the Thai are concerned, only partially conquered (wel een gevoelig punt ;) )

There are a lot of sensitive issues (“gevoelige punten”) here, I guess.

I also see Thai people would rather kill their own countrymen and women over politics and from brainwashing by nefarious narcissists. That is the sad part. But this will not be just a PAD rally - this affects Reds, Yellows, Pink and Blue shirts. I could not care less about a western court decision or a UNESCO ruling. I do however care that Thailand's elected governance at the time signed off so that is the end of it. Protest all you want but you elected the governance in your past history so blame your forebears and they decided on your behalf. History is full of mistakes by 'leaders' and the people always wear the consequences. I hope the next election does not see return of violence beget by violent people who care little or nothing about the progress of Thailand.

The temple is a landmark, but not worth dying for, when I'm sorry girl - Thailand gave it up - let it go and move on.

PAD is the law, by virtue of putting the PM where he is today. wink.gif

PAD put the PM where he is today ?? Or did Newin Chidchob's defection with his MPs to support the democrats to give them sufficient seats to stake claim to form government ? Thanks to Mr. Shinawatra's instructions of nominating Chalerm Yubammrung as next PM after the resignation of brother-in-law Somchai (the PAD surely did ensure that with the airport seizure), Newin felt let down and jumped ship. Had Newin not defected Abhisit would still be in opposition today and not PM - and had Dr. Shinawatra not broken supposed promises to Newin he would not have defected ?

Oh well...

I also see Thai people would rather kill their own countrymen and women over politics and from brainwashing by nefarious narcissists. That is the sad part. But this will not be just a PAD rally - this affects Reds, Yellows, Pink and Blue shirts. I could not care less about a western court decision or a UNESCO ruling. I do however care that Thailand's elected governance at the time signed off so that is the end of it. Protest all you want but you elected the governance in your past history so blame your forebears and they decided on your behalf. History is full of mistakes by 'leaders' and the people always wear the consequences. I hope the next election does not see return of violence beget by violent people who care little or nothing about the progress of Thailand.

The temple is a landmark, but not worth dying for, when I'm sorry girl - Thailand gave it up - let it go and move on.

My Thai wife says the temple belongs to Cambodia.

She is not going to die for it.

Phew.

Double standards? Hmmm.

For there to be double standards on the part of the government several things must happen at tomorrow's demonstration. The protesters will have to do the following things before the can be dispersed.

1) They must refuse to leave

2) They must dump biohazards at various locations.

3) They must make death threats towards politicians.

4) They must set up barricades of tires and bamboo stakes.

5) They must attack police and security forces with bamboo stakes, rocks, slingshots, fireworks, and molotov cocktails.

6) They must engage in a bombing campaign throughout the city.

7) They must take over a large area of town (two areas really).

8) They must assassinate military personnel.

9) They must kidnap an executive of a private company.

10) They must invade hospitals (three of them)

11) They must shut down public transportation including the BTS and MRT.

12) They must conduct illegal search and seizures on private citizens.

13) They must throw grenades at the BTS.

14) They must use snipers and war weapons against security forces.

They must be allowed to do all this for a period of 2 months. Then, and only then, should the government move in to contain the protesters and do what is necessary to disperse them and arrest the leaders.

If the government moves in to disperse tomorrow's protest before any of the above has occurred then they will be guilty of having double standards. If, instead, they allow the protest to go on tomorrow unimpeded then there are no double standards whatsoever.

ahh, the yellow apologist and defender boy. what you talk is BS.

Just demand elections or only holding up a banner "I saw dead people at Ratchaprasong" will be enough to get arrested if you are not related to the yellow shirt color.

anyway, there are more than a few points if not all on your blame list that did team yellow as well. but who expect a fair and balanced view from a hypocrite right winger.

Then perhaps you can explain why the UDD was allowed to rally in BKK each of the last 4 weeks without interference from security forces.

are you having fantasies again?

Are you?

thanks for proving once more that you cannot substantiate your fantasies.

Apart from you, who else said those were fantasies?

Even if they were, fantasies never have a need to be substantiated.

are you having fantasies again?

Are you?

thanks for proving once more that you cannot substantiate your fantasies.

Whatever. There was a UDD protest at Lumpini two or three weeks ago. There was another UDD protest at Victory monument a couple of weeks back. Do you read the papers? I will not do the legwork for you. Of course you already know these things (I am certain you stay abreast of all news in Thailand) but you insist on being difficult.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

PAD already broke the law by camping infront of UNESCO and block the traffic for a few days. No arrest. No double standard. In fact, the protest is just next to the police box with many traffic police in it.

Do you expect the traffic police to interupt gathering revenue just because someone is breaking the law?

No, it was occupied not the same thing.

Latest news

Government House and the surrounding area will be declared a "restricted zone" from Friday night, Pol Lt-Gen Santan Chayanon said.

The metropolitan police chief announced this after a meeting with representatives of the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) and the First Army.

Six companies of metropolitan police and three companies of soldiers would be deployed to maintain law and order in and around Government House and roads leading to it.

The same standard as that used with the red-shirt protesters would be applied for the planned protest rally of the Thailand Patriot Network over the Preah Vihear issue on Saturday.

Pol Lt-Gen Santan called for the Thailand Patriot Network to think of the majority of people, saying the situation in the country has just returned to normal.

So it would seem those bleating of double standards have been trumped

PAD should not get to rally. Simple as that.

Not during the emergency, and if they must be moved,

let them whine. The law must be upheld and SEEN to be upheld.

While I agree with you regarding tomorrow's PAD rally, if only for the sake of appearance, I also think this would be a double standard given that UDD rallies have occurred in recent weeks without police interference.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

PAD is the law, by virtue of putting the PM where he is today. wink.gif

PAD put the PM where he is today ?? Or did Newin Chidchob's defection with his MPs to support the democrats to give them sufficient seats to stake claim to form government ? Thanks to Mr. Shinawatra's instructions of nominating Chalerm Yubammrung as next PM after the resignation of brother-in-law Somchai (the PAD surely did ensure that with the airport seizure), Newin felt let down and jumped ship. Had Newin not defected Abhisit would still be in opposition today and not PM - and had Dr. Shinawatra not broken supposed promises to Newin he would not have defected ?

Oh well...

Harsh realities, but true enough. :)

Thaksin shot his own foot repeatedly and continues to take aim almost daily.

One can only wonder why he is so obsessed with the remnants of a pedal extremity..

PAD should not get to rally. Simple as that.

Not during the emergency, and if they must be moved,

let them whine. The law must be upheld and SEEN to be upheld.

While I agree with you regarding tomorrow's PAD rally, if only for the sake of appearance, I also think this would be a double standard given that UDD rallies have occurred in recent weeks without police interference.

:whistling: I love good irony!

Unless the PAD protest with less than 5 people in a province without the SOE in force, they are BREAKING THE LAW.

I thought when Abhisit came along, the least we could expect is someone who would uphold the law. The PAD's protest last week was illegal, and I expect them to once again be allowed to get away with breaking the law. This issue runs right to the heart of one of the major problems in Thailand today (and in times past) and should not be tolerated.

It would be a "double standard" if they stop the yellows protesting tomorrow when the the reds were "BREAKING THE LAW" during their protest just 5 days ago.

r15144594.jpg

An anti-government protester from the Red Sunday group rallies at the Democracy Monument in Bangkok August 1, 2010.

Reuters

This only happen after PAD rally which was even praised by the PM. If there is no double standard, then Abishit announce the government house a live firing zone like he did to Rajprasong and should order the soldier to shoot and crackdown on PAD if they rally. How about that??:jap: ;):D :D :D

Edited by Mario2008
normal font is big enough

Unless the PAD protest with less than 5 people in a province without the SOE in force, they are BREAKING THE LAW.

I thought when Abhisit came along, the least we could expect is someone who would uphold the law. The PAD's protest last week was illegal, and I expect them to once again be allowed to get away with breaking the law. This issue runs right to the heart of one of the major problems in Thailand today (and in times past) and should not be tolerated.

It would be a "double standard" if they stop the yellows protesting tomorrow when the the reds were "BREAKING THE LAW" during their protest just 5 days ago.

r15144594.jpg

An anti-government protester from the Red Sunday group rallies at the Democracy Monument in Bangkok August 1, 2010.

Reuters

This only happen after PAD rally which was even praised by the PM. If there is no double standard, then Abishit announce the government house a live firing zone like he did to Rajprasong and should order the soldier to shoot and crackdown on PAD if they rally. How about that??:jap: ;):D :D :D

Sort of revealing that you would associate shooting people with

:D :D :D

instead of

:(

but hey, whatever makes you laugh.

btw, the yellows already had their brutal police crackdown in October 2008 with hundreds injured as well as multiple deaths from grenade attacks on multiple other occasions that Seh Daeng had foretold about, so there's no double standard there.

btw II, it sure would be nice if the Red bombers would stop their activities which continue to plague Bangkok as those activities would seem to be far worse than any rally that the Thailand Patriot Network might have.

Edited by march

Off topic claptrap attacking other posters and responses to those posts have been deleted.

Pointless one liners that add no content will be deleted and the poster warned for hijacking and trolling.

And lets do try to keep this civil and debate like the adults we all claim to be as I for one have had more than enough of the behavior that seems to come from regular posters in this forum.

cheers

It is all Khun Chuan's government fault to sign the meno that recognize the 1:200,000 map. Khun Chuan should take responsibility, and not just hind behind Mark's skirt.

Latest news

Government House and the surrounding area will be declared a "restricted zone" from Friday night, Pol Lt-Gen Santan Chayanon said.

The metropolitan police chief announced this after a meeting with representatives of the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) and the First Army.

Six companies of metropolitan police and three companies of soldiers would be deployed to maintain law and order in and around Government House and roads leading to it.

The same standard as that used with the red-shirt protesters would be applied for the planned protest rally of the Thailand Patriot Network over the Preah Vihear issue on Saturday.

Pol Lt-Gen Santan called for the Thailand Patriot Network to think of the majority of people, saying the situation in the country has just returned to normal.

So it would seem those bleating of double standards have been trumped

Did the army also declare it "LIFE FIRING AREA"? And position snipers on roof tops with real bullets?

This is a fight between Siam & Khmer. All others, please keep out. Is this too much to ask for?

A fight has some rule and a referee . PAD wants to throw out the rules and will not accept the referee decision. Then this is not a fight ! PAD wants a war where there are no rule and no referee.

If you want war, you do not speak for Siam . Our Kingdom always tries to avoid war.

It is only PAD and others like you who want war. We must always try to live by the teachings of the Lord Buddha.