Chok Chai Immigration Relocated?

I've just read on another forum that the Chok Chai Immigration office has moved from route 24 @ Chok Chai to a new location near the Pottery Village about 12km from the Chok Chai intersection down route 224. Has anyone been there yet who can confirm that it is now operational??

Edited by Lite Beer
Forum name removed.

I was in Chok Chai for 90 day at end of July and it was whispered they were moving AGAIN to Dan Kwain ... I would love to have contract to move the Korat Immigration office ... 3 times now in one year

I would appreciate knowing where exactly they have moved to also because visa renewal is in Oct.

Last time they moved they gave one days notice ... nothing moves so fast in Thailand as the Korat Immigration Office

yes the new office has been open for about 2 weeks. here are directions to the new office from a friend.

From the corner of 205 and 224 in downtown Korat head toward Chok Chai on 224 for approximatly 18 km. First sign you are getting close is a sharp curve on 224, start slowing down and get in left hand side of road, you will then notice the gas station/7-11 on the right. When you see the U-turn coming up keep your eyes open for the huge Pots (Urns) since coming from Korat the are hidden by some greenery.

Make the left had turn at the Pots. It will seem you are entering a retail area since the whole street is full of shops. Go down this street for 0.8km, It will be the FIRST right hand turn on a paved street. A 3ftX2ft blue information sign with small Thai flag says the office is 200 meters down this soi. Your see the Immigration office on the left hand sign of the road. A nice government building, can not miss it. Operates on number system like bank and only took about 5 minutes of our time.

The map produced by Immigration and posted above is incorrect. The map says that it is 1.5K from the highway to the intersection where you turn right. The actual distance is closer to 0.5 (one half) kilometer.

It's the right compound. I don't know if it's the right building. There's a sign next to the gate of the compound, but I was there on a Sunday so didn't get to go inside the compound to determine which building it is.

The map produced by Immigration and posted above is incorrect. The map says that it is 1.5K from the highway to the intersection where you turn right. The actual distance is closer to 0.5 (one half) kilometer.

It's like an ongoing game of chess with this office, they might just move again, another kilometer down the road yet as the map shows.

Don't spread it around but I've heard a whisper that the department chief's son has an office relocation business.

Doing quite well too, by all accounts

I'm am going there myself in a couple of weeks, now I'll probably get lost and will never be heard from again.

Wish me luck.

It's the right compound. I don't know if it's the right building...

Thank you. I shall leave the marker where it is for the time being. Perhaps Krading could print out my map and bring it along and check out the exact location when he goes there later this month. The exact mailing address and verification if the phone and fax numbers have remained unchanged would also be useful.

It's like an ongoing game of chess with this office, they might just move again, another kilometer down the road yet as the map shows.

The road itself ends after less than one K from the highway. This drove me nuts the first time I tried to find the office.

Thank you. I shall leave the marker where it is for the time being. Perhaps Krading could print out my map and bring it along and check out the exact location when he goes there later this month. The exact mailing address and verification if the phone and fax numbers have remained unchanged would also be useful.

The phone and fax numbers have changed. My wife tried calling the old numbers yesterday and they were all no longer in service. She's tried in vain to get new numbers. Will try again today.

yes the new office has been open for about 2 weeks. here are directions to the new office from a friend.

From the corner of 205 and 224 in downtown Korat head toward Chok Chai on 224 for approximatly 18 km. First sign you are getting close is a sharp curve on 224, start slowing down and get in left hand side of road, you will then notice the gas station/7-11 on the right. When you see the U-turn coming up keep your eyes open for the huge Pots (Urns) since coming from Korat the are hidden by some greenery.

Make the left had turn at the Pots. It will seem you are entering a retail area since the whole street is full of shops. Go down this street for 0.8km, It will be the FIRST right hand turn on a paved street. A 3ftX2ft blue information sign with small Thai flag says the office is 200 meters down this soi. Your see the Immigration office on the left hand sign of the road. A nice government building, can not miss it. Operates on number system like bank and only took about 5 minutes of our time.

Thanks, as I was in the dark as well. It's changed a couple of times even since the fire.

• 2 weeks later...

A retirement visa (O-A) is only issued outside of Thailand and a new one would require the same paperwork as the original.

If you are talking about a one year extension of stay for retirement done at Immigration inside Thailand the form used is a TM.7 and can be downloaded from pinned items at top of forum.

• 4 weeks later...

It's the right compound. I don't know if it's the right building...

I finally went to Korat Immigration yesterday. Your map has the correct building.

Plenty of parking in the rear, but you must enter the building through the door in front. I noticed that this caused confusion. There is a sign in the back in English which says something like "Use other door", but there are many "other" doors. The sign in Thai says, "Use the stairs at the front of the building." Much clearer.

This is a very nice location. Lots of trees and open area. Plus, it's right in Dan Kwien, the pottery village. Plenty of shopping possibilities.