Travel Agent For Eva Air

st11x

I got a quote of 28,500 using EVA from Saveflight Travel which I think is excellent for non-stop. (October-November), but promotion ends 11th August

You will find their details in the travel forum as they are sponsers, when ou e-mail , ask for Jane, she has been takng care of my travel arrangements for 6 years.

Hope this helps....I just book air asia to fly down as there is plenty of time to catch the EVA flight that departs at 1.15pm if yo use the aa 08.30 flight. Similarly they return at 15.30pm to BK so you can afain make the connection back to CM same day...and I have never known EVA to be late by more thann 10 mins inbound or outbound :)

I got a quote of 28,500 using EVA from Saveflight Travel which I think is excellent for non-stop. (October-November), but promotion ends 11th August

You will find their details in the travel forum as they are sponsers, when ou e-mail , ask for Jane, she has been takng care of my travel arrangements for 6 years.

Hope this helps....I just book air asia to fly down as there is plenty of time to catch the EVA flight that departs at 1.15pm if yo use the aa 08.30 flight. Similarly they return at 15.30pm to BK so you can afain make the connection back to CM same day...and I have never known EVA to be late by more thann 10 mins inbound or outbound :)

TP

Bkk to where in the US ?

Is that all in? I just rang them and BKK to SFO (Elite) is 37K from them plus 3% credit card fees, it is cheaper online without the 3% (I hope) too.

Don't think I can fly down to BKK, got a lot of things plus 2 dogs. Most likely going to do a one-way car rental.

thanks

Matt

TP

Bkk to where in the US ?

The OP never specified his destination :unsure:

I am quoting UK price, I don't know if EVA go to the States

TP

Bkk to where in the US ?

The OP never specified his destination :unsure:

I am quoting UK price, I don't know if EVA go to the States

Bkk - SFO (San Francisco) I assume. Yes they fly to USA via Taiwan, Taipai

Edited by wales01

I booked with K @ K on Tha Pai road. His price was the same as on line.

The difference was that when I changed my take off and return dates he handled it no problem. If I decide to change my return date I just e-mail him.

For me the less hassle the better and I can change it if I am a thousand miles from there office.

Be sure to let us know if you come up with a meaningful alternative.

Maybe last minute deals are out there. Just a thought.

Edited by jayjay0

Is that all in? I just rang them and BKK to SFO (Elite) is 37K from them plus 3% credit card fees, it is cheaper online without the 3% (I hope) too.

Don't think I can fly down to BKK, got a lot of things plus 2 dogs. Most likely going to do a one-way car rental.

thanks

Matt

Are you taking two dogs? Big or small? Pretty sure you have to do a lot of logistics to get them ready to fly. I have heard that American carriers (since you going to america) are better than asian ones in handling pets...

I fly Eva all the time to SF but if I return for good, will use one of the american airliners for my dogs and still fly Eva. i haven't seen anything less than 38,000 on Eva for a fall trip. We depart in Sept...

CB

Are you taking two dogs? Big or small? Pretty sure you have to do a lot of logistics to get them ready to fly. I have heard that American carriers (since you going to america) are better than asian ones in handling pets...

I fly Eva all the time to SF but if I return for good, will use one of the american airliners for my dogs and still fly Eva. i haven't seen anything less than 38,000 on Eva for a fall trip. We depart in Sept...

CB

I am taking two Westies with me, so they are on the smallish side. Yes, there is quite a lot of paperwork and process to follow, much easier the other way round.

I have heard that EVA is also good with pets. If you are sending your pets by american and still fly EVA, wouldn't that be more complicated (paperwork, etc) and costly too?

For EVA, last I checked for flights going out in Sep (sold out for Aug except for Laurel), you can get the following:

1) 25K Economy

2) 32K Elite

3) 52K Laurel

All prices before tax. The elite class comes to around 36K with tax.

Do we have to get to SFO by a certain time if we are traveling with Pets? When we came to Thailand, we were told to get here during regular business hours else the animal customs office will be closed.

Matt

I phoned Jane at Save Flights and was told no such fare exists. Lowest between now and end of the year is 34,800

You must be looking at elite class. The OP is obviously looking at economy class.

CB

I am taking two Westies with me, so they are on the smallish side. Yes, there is quite a lot of paperwork and process to follow, much easier the other way round.

I have heard that EVA is also good with pets. If you are sending your pets by american and still fly EVA, wouldn't that be more complicated (paperwork, etc) and costly too?

For EVA, last I checked for flights going out in Sep (sold out for Aug except for Laurel), you can get the following:

1) 25K Economy

2) 32K Elite

3) 52K Laurel

All prices before tax. The elite class comes to around 36K with tax.

Do we have to get to SFO by a certain time if we are traveling with Pets? When we came to Thailand, we were told to get here during regular business hours else the animal customs office will be closed.

Matt

Sorry for the confusion...My statement was an "if" scenario. I return every year on Eva for a short vacation but my dogs remain in Thailand. Good to hear something positive about an asian carrier and pet travel. I will do further rearch on Eva for this purpose...

the good old days of $750 tickets on eva are over. But still comparable if not better than rival airlines on pricing. China air and korean air both fly from CM and get you to you SF from their respective hubs in Taipei and Seuol. I was going to fly CA but the returning layover was ONE hour difference in Taipei and that is just too risky since only two flights a week come into CM now...

Eva has reasonable connections of three hour layovers so that is another postive...

CB

CB

The air fair of 27,700 on Eva Air from Bangkok to San Francisco does not include departure tax and fuel charge. You still need to get from Chiang Mai to Swampy. AND the promotion on that fair ends August 15, 2010. So if you do not have a ticket you had better look else where.

The difference was that when I changed my take off and return dates he handled it no problem. If I decide to change my return date I just e-mail him.

For me the less hassle the better and I can change it if I am a thousand miles from there office.

My travel agent just called me and informed me That Thai air had canceled my flight and booked me on another one. anther benefit from using him.:rolleyes:

Edited by jayjay0

• 4 weeks later...

Can you please tell me where is K @ K travel agency, or better yet send me his phone number or email address?

Does anyone know what agency to contact to get the best price flying economy CNX to LAX? I contacted one agent who I used before and got quotes as follows:

China Airlines

Route: Chiang Mai - Taipe- L.A - Taipe - Chiang Mai

Price: 28,600 + tax 6,450 THB

Korean Air

Route: Chiang Mai - Inchoen (ICN) - L.A - Inchoen - Chiang Mai

Price: 24,600 + tax 10,135 THB

Last time I flew China Air in 2008 I paid about 30,000 THB including taxes (when the Baht was weaker and other currencies were stronger).

I'm on a really tight budget. This economy sucks! Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Does anyone know what agency to contact to get the best price flying economy CNX to LAX? I contacted one agent who I used before and got quotes as follows:

China Airlines

Korean Air

Last time I flew China Air in 2008 I paid about 30,000 THB including taxes (when the Baht was weaker and other currencies were stronger).

I'm on a really tight budget. This economy sucks! Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

China Air web site is quoting 34,280 including tax.

China Airlines

Korean Air

Thanks for that (I can't ever get the China Airlines website to load on either Firefox or IE). So do some agents buy blocks of tickets and offer discounts to those prices advertised on the websites of airlines?

China Airlines

Korean Air

Thanks for that (I can't ever get the China Airlines website to load on either Firefox or IE). So do some agents buy blocks of tickets and offer discounts to those prices advertised on the websites of airlines?

I cant answers your question but I would suggest with that price I found on China Air go to the airport they have a office and ask them about purchasing a ticket direct. Usually they will say yes.