If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Keep your hair on !!

I like them too and as I said I’ve posted 2 or 3 of their videos on here already !!
I like Zeppelin also and just wish they would go off in their own direction.

But it seems you can’t cope with any comments that don’t comply completely with your wishes !!

Do try and grow up !!

I’m done !!!

Wow...someone's in a good mood tonight!

Any artists that can write their own stuff will be appreciated more from me , if you want to become a musician and learn to play an instrument , anyone with a musical ear can do it , but not everyone can write music. 

Today's charts  are full of artists that are more interested in their own image and good looks than creating their own music.  Been like this since the 90's , but of course there are exceptions. 

• Like 1

there's recorded music and there's live music and then there's recordings of live music...Frank Zappa's recordings never did much for me but his live performances were not to be believed...it was like I was sitting in front of an undulating membrane of sound (and I wasn't even high)...the Mothers were his private orchestra...

Cream's live Crossroads on the Wheels of fire album blew my mind...and not just Clapton's solos...

there's been so many recorded interpretations of Beethoven, etc that it's hard to know where to begin...but then after a while ye get to know each conductor's signature...

studio music, Kind of Blue, etc...

nice to know that even in my dotage music has not lost it's impact or appeal...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, balo said:

Any artists that can write their own stuff will be appreciated more from me , if you want to become a musician and learn to play an instrument , anyone with a musical ear can do it , but not everyone can write music. 

Today's charts  are full of artists that are more interested in their own image and good looks than creating their own music.  Been like this since the 90's , but of course there are exceptions. 

Modern chart 'stuff' is produced by a sausage machine.

Artists replaced by a boring computer.

Timbre, tone, melody, passion, originality, replaced by a robot.

That's why I like this thread, everyone is different and passionate.

• Like 2

Another Canadian band producing big, cinematic sounds - this one is a bit tame for the first 4 minutes or so, but the last couple of minutes really gets the heart thumping.

Le Fly Pan Am - La vie se doit d'être vécue ou commençons a vivre

Much against my will, my mate dragged me along to the Lemon Tree in Aberdeen in the late 90s to see a concert by some band with the crap name, Mogwai. I had never heard of them before and, because of my dislike for the name of the band. was determined to hate the whole thing. It turned out to be one of the best concerts I ever went to - and Mogwai Fear Satan was their closing number, an absolutely mind blowing 16 minutes of post-rock guitars, drums and flutes. 

A bit of MJ for youse ( as my grandad would say )

I went to a Olodum concert with my then girlfriend in the late 90’s .
The group didn’t show and this was finally announced after many false promises about 3 hours late !!
It was in an inside sports gymnasium and the crowd went wild and wrecked all the sound equipment and anything they could get their hands on [emoji23]

Me and the gf held back a bit until the majority had left and just managed to catch the mob setting fire to the ticket office after ransacking it !

They gave a free show a week later but I had moved on and missed it despite paying for tickets whilst everyone else in the town got in for free !!

C’est la vie !!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

A bit of MJ for youse ( as my grandad would say )

I went to a Olodum concert with my then girlfriend in the late 90’s .
The group didn’t show and this was finally announced after many false promises about 3 hours late !!
It was in an inside sports gymnasium and the crowd went wild and wrecked all the sound equipment and anything they could get their hands on emoji23.png

Me and the gf held back a bit until the majority had left and just managed to catch the mob setting fire to the ticket office after ransacking it !

They gave a free show a week later but I had moved on and missed it despite paying for tickets whilst everyone else in the town got in for free !!

C’est la vie !!

Genius!

I never knew about this track until recently.

It started as a joke , producer Daniel Miller was bored so he bought a synth , a KORG 700 back in 1977.  Then he recorded and released this song as a single under the name The Normal  . And it sort of started the whole synth pop revolution , Gary Numan picked it up after hearing it in a club  and thought he could do better and then 'Cars' came out in 79 and the rest is history.