Hospitals Don'T Release Medical

I am Canadian and just about to send a complete application to sponsor my wife to live in Canada.

The application includes my part, which is a sponsorship application, as well well as my wife's part which is a permanent residency application, along with all supporting documents.

Canada says clearly in the link below that I must send all documents, including my wifes to Canada, at the same time in the same package, and then my sponsorship application will be processed there. Then it says on approval of MY documents, my wife's documents will then be sent to the appropriate visa office to be processed. Which in our case is Singapore. In the required application documents, there is a checklist that lists all required documents that must be sent, including her medical examination and says if all documents are not there it will be returned.....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

So we were going to do a medical examination, but found out that all 3 of the hospitals approved by Canada said that they cannot release the documents to us and that they must send the documents them self to Singapore.

What the fuc_k is going on? I'm not ready to waste $1000 in application fees to have it sent back because the hospitals wouldn't release my documents to send to Canada.....

•Assemble the final application for permanent residence, including applications, supporting documents, and proof that the medical examination has been done.

This is from the link you gave. A receipt or other indication would seem to cover it. The doctors cannot release information you may change the report.

Hmm. I just realized that when I read another section. They also they the doctor can not release the results and I guess what I need to send is just proof of passing the exam or the doctors final notes after the medical is processed in Singapore and returned. Now I'm disappointed I have to wait another 3 months before I can send the application because they say it will take 3 months to process the medical...

I know nothing of Canadian immigration rules and procedures.

However, I don't think that you do need to wait a further 3 months.

Assemble the final application for permanent residence, including applications, supporting documents, and proof that the medical examination has been done.

(My emphasis)

seems to mean that you do not have to wait for the result of the medical, but can submit the application once the medical has been done. Presumably the hospitals concerned are familiar with the process and so will issue her with the necessary document after the medical.

BTW, I've amended the topic title to show that you are asking about Canada.

•Assemble the final application for permanent residence, including applications, supporting documents, and proof that the medical examination has been done.

This is from the link you gave. A receipt or other indication would seem to cover it. The doctors cannot release information you may change the report.