Dune:New Ipad Competition

djinn

Looks very nice. With Android it will be much more appealing. I little thicker than iPad but delivers much, much more.

iPad 2 will probably catch up with all the nice things like ports, cam, etc.

Price looks okay 2 me

Except for the screen, it has way better specs than the ipad. Why are they so stuck on 1024x600. Same with the frigging netbooks. Give me 1366x768 and I'll buy, but I will not buy anything with 1024x600.

I also expect to see a slew of tablets/slates before the year is out.

Anyhow,I will wait till begin 2011.Asus anounced a tablet with additional keyboard (and the same specs or better than the Dune).This will replace my laptop.

When competition comes prices will fall

Last week, I portrayed a scientist in a Brand's Chicken Essence TV commercial. Before the filming began, I was told that I would be using an Apple iPad as a prop. I told the production house that they did not have to pay me - just give me the iPad. I was given an unmarked prototype Android tablet with a screen one-half the size of the iPad. It was a real piece of cr@p, and I insisted on the money instead. According to the production house, the tablets were purchased in Shenzhen for less than 3000THB.

Last week, I portrayed a scientist in a Brand's Chicken Essence TV commercial. Before the filming began, I was told that I would be using an Apple iPad as a prop. I told the production house that they did not have to pay me - just give me the iPad. I was given an unmarked prototype Android tablet with a screen one-half the size of the iPad. It was a real piece of cr@p, and I insisted on the money instead. According to the production house, the tablets were purchased in Shenzhen for less than 3000THB.

There been more than a few people who have scoffed my iPad and told me about how they are going to China to pick up something just as good there, for a fraction of the price. I ask them to please bring it in once they get it, I would love to compare! So far, I'm still waiting! I would almost be curious enough to have them pick me one up, if it was just a couple thousand baht, but I imagine that they are all crap, espeically compared to the iPad.

• 2 weeks later...

There been more than a few people who have scoffed my iPad and told me about how they are going to China to pick up something just as good there, for a fraction of the price. I ask them to please bring it in once they get it, I would love to compare! So far, I'm still waiting! I would almost be curious enough to have them pick me one up, if it was just a couple thousand baht, but I imagine that they are all crap, espeically compared to the iPad.

read a consumer report and said it was not a piece of crap at all and that competition will make it better. So we shall see I am suppose to get one next month.

Except for the screen, it has way better specs than the ipad. Why are they so stuck on 1024x600. Same with the frigging netbooks. Give me 1366x768 and I'll buy, but I will not buy anything with 1024x600.

decided I am going to order on of those pads from China. Coming in at a price of $210.00 and shipping is free. I like can pay with paypal gives me a sense of protection. I looked at it all afternoon or a few hrs. and it looks good. Has the android 2.1 and lots of features ipad does not. Esp. that high price.

• 4 weeks later...

decided I am going to order on of those pads from China. Coming in at a price of $210.00 and shipping is free. I like can pay with paypal gives me a sense of protection. I looked at it all afternoon or a few hrs. and it looks good. Has the android 2.1 and lots of features ipad does not. Esp. that high price.

Actually, there is not need to order from china, I found enough local suppliers here, quite a few with own online website ordering and service,. And I collected quite a number of Android based TouchPads, from version 1.5 to 2.1, even 2 or 3 under WinXP or Win7, both using Atom CPU. But one must look into the Specifications more, whether truly multi-touch or limited touch functions, with SD of TF flash memories, min.-max, battery time, with WebCam or not, with USB ports, what kind (std, mini, OTG( or not, and how many, with 3G and/or SIM support, with HDMI or not, what softwares, can access Google Market or not. Price range as low as 3,500 baht to 16,500 (Win7. Atom), the weight, and so on. Then, it's about the way they deliver, is there an address, and if support available.

I've also collected quite a number of onlien china ordering sites and models offered, which include latest, Android 2.2 Froyo for 7" to 10.2", there even a new one at 11.6" . Best 10" Win7 seems to be the Teso Lpad, got best reviews, and closest to an Apple iPad, and it's available here now thru a local company.

Thinking of getting an Android one and reason for the search and compare. Still reviewin 'em all.