In Distress!

Nip

I am taking a flyer here boys hoping that somebody may have some information or have seen something while! I await the due process of the Thai law to provide an arrest warrant. Please can anybody assist me? I am living in Thailand 12 years. 2 months ago the woman who I had been living with for 10 years without any problems went on the run with my 8 year old son. I am distraught! She also took a lot of money she had somehow managed to steal from a large number of unsuspecting Thai people. Basically she sold property and cars she had no authority to sell. She went on the run and is now believed to be hiding out in Laos in Viang Kham and in particular the area of Lak Sao (Route 8) This information could of course be an attempt to divert attention away from Roi-et where I believe she is more likely to be? I am of course not interested in the my stolen money just the welfare of my young son. I was hoping that maybe somebody on the forum may have noticed or could look out for a 37 year old Thai woman (55KG) with an 8 year old Thai/Farrang boy? His most noticeable feature being his big ears? He is also clearly more Farang than Thai. If people want I canl forward photos. They could be anywhere in Thailand or Lao but at this moment we are being lead to believe they are moving between Nong Khai and Lak Sao. I am of course clutching at straws while waiting for an arrest warrant to be issued here in Thailand but as I have said I have been informed by two people one a private investigator that she is hiding out in a group of four people in Lak Sao. One is a Thai man with long hair. A Katoey but not noticeably so.He is tall and stocky. There is perhaps another young Thai girl (the woman's daughter) very slim who may have a 3 year old child (female) with her. The girl is about 20 years old. I am being cautious cos I have no reason to believe these people as their motives are questionable. My gut feeling says that she is in Roi-Et somewhere. She may be riding a green motor bike a Fino I think? And if she is wearing a helmet it is likely to be White or Dark blue.

Please any help would be much appreciated.... The woman and my 8 year old son have also been moving from Ubon Ratchathani thru Roi-et and Nakom. Also it goes without saying that if you by some miracle you have seen or see them please dont do anything just inform me or call the Captain of the Tourist Police in Ubon. As I say my gut feeling is that they are not in Lao but in the Roi-et area?

Many thanks!

Mate I am not the best at searching these forums but I do remember a few months ago there was a VERY similar case in Bkk that a guy posted. Maybe the mods here can help you find it but it was a great post of exactly what your going through now and had lots of info regarding the laws etc. I tried for the past 30 minutes to search for it but again no luck. I can't remember which forum it was in but you will be supprised at how much rights you have with your son and how easy it is if you know where he is to just take him away.

The main points were that you always look at the families first and that most likely there will be some sort of "Ransom" from the family but they will hide him very well.

I hope someone here or a Mod can turn this guy onto the posting that I recall???????

I have business in Lak Sao and travel there frequently. A group of Thais with a child who is of mixed blood would stand out like dogs balls. It is a small town and it wouldn't take very long to find them if you were to head over there yourself. Good luck.

Mate I am not the best at searching these forums but I do remember a few months ago there was a VERY similar case in Bkk that a guy posted. Maybe the mods here can help you find it but it was a great post of exactly what your going through now and had lots of info regarding the laws etc. I tried for the past 30 minutes to search for it but again no luck. I can't remember which forum it was in but you will be supprised at how much rights you have with your son and how easy it is if you know where he is to just take him away.

The main points were that you always look at the families first and that most likely there will be some sort of "Ransom" from the family but they will hide him very well.

I hope someone here or a Mod can turn this guy onto the posting that I recall???????

I think thailandbluegrass is reffering to this:

I wish you all the best.

Sorry

As sure as you seem inclined to believe that Roi Et is the spot, you'd do well to head to the city there and book a room at the 99 Hotel on the lakeside (Ask a TukTuk). Right next door are 2 western restaurants, open most of the time. The spouses there might be able to lend you some assistance. Hang around a couple of days. Roi Et is a small town, but it's a good sized province.

Thank you indeed for responding. Yes I too recall reading the post. I was quite disturbed by its content. Little was I to know.... I paid a surprise visit to the family home with the police and she had been and gone. Family of course said they had no idea where she had gone. The jury is out as to whether it was a true statement or not. I believe all deceptions are baited with a morsel of truth. That said her younger sister (32) was a month later to make a damning statement to the police against my former partner. The police officer stated that in his 20 years as an investigator it was a first! All things being equal there should be an arrest warrant issued in the coming week and I have all ready being granted joint custody by the courts so I am moving forward. Thank you again!

I have business in Lak Sao and travel there frequently. A group of Thais with a child who is of mixed blood would stand out like dogs balls. It is a small town and it wouldn't take very long to find them if you were to head over there yourself. Good luck.

I would have to agree with you. I have never been to Lak Sao but I have travelled in Lao so fully appreciate your point. Perhaps you might be so kind as to put the word out? I tend to believe as I said that in order to put distance between my former missus and so called informants they are sending me every which way that takes the police away from them. I have photos if it would be of any help? We have some contacts with the Lao police and a woman who knows her will take a trip to Lak Sao with the police next week. Just waiting on the arrest warrant to be issued. Thank you for responding!

I think thailandbluegrass is reffering to this:

I wish you all the best.

Sorry

Thank you very much for your concern! I recall the post and was touched by the mans predicament at the time. Little was I to know? I think I have things pretty much under control if you can call it that.

I should have an arrest warrant for her within a few days and I was awarded joint custody by the courts yesterday. I appreciate that while I want the matter settled quickly the police want her cuffed and

settled in the Big House following the rule book as best they can! They said they dont want some hot shot lawyer getting her off on an arrest technicality. She is looking at 20-25 years on 12 different charges.

Thank you again!

Were you married to the mother? If not, unless you went to court to legalese your child, you are not the father of the child as far as the law is concerned.

Yes was awarded joint custody yesterday and as soon as she is locked up I will apply for sole custody.

As sure as you seem inclined to believe that Roi Et is the spot, you'd do well to head to the city there and book a room at the 99 Hotel on the lakeside (Ask a TukTuk). Right next door are 2 western restaurants, open most of the time. The spouses there might be able to lend you some assistance. Hang around a couple of days. Roi Et is a small town, but it's a good sized province.

I did in fact travel to Roi-Et and stayed a few days but the local police said that I stuck out like a sore thumb and she might go on the run again if she was tipped off. I believe she out in the sticks somewhere? She hates

being in unfamiliar places. The problem is the arrest warrant - once that is produced which should be in the next few days the police can track her down. I have visited the police and made reports in Ubon, Roi Et Bangkok,

Phuket and Nong Khai. Its the waiting that is the killer. The Thai system is deceptively slow in that it is even slower than it appears.

Sounds like you are on the right track mate.

I hope everything turns out well for all concerned, keep us posted.

Cheers

Thanks again for the concern. I will certainly keep you posted.

Sincerely

Nip

• 2 weeks later...

Dear OP

Have you considered a Private Investigater?

If you have the funds of course.

A colleague og mine had his wife running away with their kid.

He hired a Private I, and it did not take long before he found them.

Another posibility:

If she ran away with money as well, I guess that means she would most likely spend them (not invest or buy property).

There is a real posibility she will contact you when the money runs out, and ask for money, in exchange for you seeing your kid.

My colleagues x-wife did exactly this.

Sounds like you are on the right track mate.

I hope everything turns out well for all concerned, keep us posted.

Cheers

Thanks again for the concern. I will certainly keep you posted.

Sincerely

Nip

i really hope this works out well for u nip as soon as poss

take care