Why People Say 1222 Is Bad?

ode

Got the phone line installed today from TOT, here in Chiang Mai, oh well... actually yesterday from TOT, after about 9 days wait... but some guy from my apartment building guy came to do some holes in the walls and draw new line from.. somewhere (I thought they would just use the line already installed, but I guess they want to keep it so they can call and disturb us from downstairs :o).

Anyway, we applied for ADSL same day we applied for phone line, and I kinda hoped the line would be hooked up to DSLAM already, but no luck... my new SMC wifi ADSL2+ router says line is dead.

Well, called and they said it's not connected but should be next week. Hope so.

Anyway, easy to go complain if it's not working 8.01am monday morning since TOT Chiang Mai head office is stone throw away...

Anyway, since I wanted to use internet noooow... not next week (and I really don't like sitting on internet cafes much) i grabbed my bike and drove to buy some internet kit. Since I haven't really done any research on them I just grabbed some CSLOX 1222 Unlimited 15 days package.

It connected 42.6 Kbps and seems to work fine. In fact, I expected it disconnected once in a while and have slow speeds after reading all the 1222 bashing here. US speed test gives me 35 Kbps download speed and international sites seem to load at about full rate. And no disconnects or any problems for at least the first 2,5 hours...

Oh well... just using this modem over the weekend... i hope.

Hopefully the TOT:s cyberbizgold is ok... 1024/512 Kbps for 2700b/month.

Same speed here in CM from CSLOX or Ji-Net would be muuuuch more...

Sorry for the low content post :D

I have 1222 since check my email just after getting out of bed and leave it on until I go back to bed approx 16 hours every day.

I probably have to reconnect about twicw a week. All the headaches that I read about ADSL I'm in no hurry to upgrade.

The reason to go ADSL will probably be when Mrs Tizme gets pissed off with the phone line being in constant use. She hinted this about 6 months ago, but I haven't heard any rumblings lately...

I have 1222 since  check my email just after getting out of bed and leave it on until I go back to bed approx 16 hours every day.

I probably have to reconnect about twicw a week. All the headaches that I read about ADSL I'm in no hurry to upgrade.

The reason to go ADSL will probably be when Mrs Tizme gets pissed off with the phone line being in constant use. She hinted this about 6 months ago, but I haven't heard any rumblings lately...

I second this.

1 day and 7 hours connected... no problems.

Hope it stays connected untill they connect ADSL so I don't have to pay another 3thb.  :o

Hope your aware that there's a usage fee for using 1222, besides the connection charge. I think it's about 8-9 baht per hour, at least that's about what I pay. Not sure if my condo adds a surcharge in there. I was suprised when my landlord told me I owed her 4000 baht for the phone after 3 months, I had thought it would be treated as a local call.

Hope your aware that there's a usage fee for using 1222, besides the connection charge.  I think it's about 8-9 baht per hour, at least that's about what I pay.  Not sure if my condo adds a surcharge in there.  I was suprised when my landlord told me I owed her 4000 baht for the phone after 3 months, I had thought it would be treated as a local call.

Wrong.

I have been using 1222 for 3 years.

If you have a password and username it is free .

Hope your aware that there's a usage fee for using 1222, besides the connection charge.  I think it's about 8-9 baht per hour, at least that's about what I pay.  Not sure if my condo adds a surcharge in there.  I was suprised when my landlord told me I owed her 4000 baht for the phone after 3 months, I had thought it would be treated as a local call.

I'm pretty sure it's 3 baht per call. That's what I've read everywhere.

2 days 1 hours connected, no problems. And anyway, ADSL tomorrow... I hope.

In Mahasarakham province I pay:

100 Baht fee per month. Plus 3 Baht for 2 hours.

I have to recall after every two hours.

For a month 600-700 Baht totally for me.

I also have got a user name and a password.

You are being ripped off by your condo, not the phone company.

Correct, but there are other user/pass combinations that will give you unlimited connection time, no cut off after 2 hours.

Spend some time with google it's there on a thai website.

Correct, but there are other user/pass combinations that will give you unlimited connection time, no cut off after 2 hours.

Spend some time with google it's there on a thai website.

when im staying in hat yai i use e-go internet 199 baht for 15 days unlimited connection via the TOT 1222.

monthly cost for password =398 baht....

call costs approx 6 baht per day....(connect frm office in mornin and home at night).

Edited by devil_dog

I used 1222 in Chiang Mai, we are just past the outer ring road, I was continually losing the connection and after 10:30 at night the connection would never get above 32kbs/sec, in reality much slower, until about 07:30 in the morning. It was as if someone left the office and decided to turn every machine off except one, and left that to deal with everything.(I sometimes get up very early and it would still be the same, deadly slow).

All this after having to make anything between 10-20 attempts to get on line.

No, as far as I am concerned 1222 is a piece of s##t.

To compound it all I bought a ISP connection card from Rimping, ji-net(?) because it said on the front Local Connection, so when I flashed everything up it said, this system no longer in use please dial 1222. I ask you!!!

Well, it's NOT 3 baht per call using JiNet unlimited and 1222...

My wife was wondering why the phone bill (dedicated to internet only, we use mobiles) had gone up to 1600 baht for a month.

She found her answer on the ToT website where many customers were complaining about using 1222 and high phone bills , you get charged 3 baht every 2 hours or so after the initial connection.

Unlimited? No.

My wife was wondering  why the phone bill (dedicated to internet only, we use mobiles) had gone up to 1600 baht for a month.

She found her answer on the ToT website where many customers were complaining about using 1222 and high phone bills , you get charged 3 baht every 2 hours or so after the initial connection.

Unlimited? No.

Well it is 3 baht per call. I have checked.

I used to stay connected 24/7 and my phone bill could be as low as 200baht

With the TOT user/pass combo you only get 2 hours with some others it is unlimited.

I used 1222 in Chiang Mai, we are just past the outer ring road, I was continually losing the connection and after 10:30 at night the connection would never get above 32kbs/sec, in reality much slower, until about 07:30 in the morning. It was as if someone left the office and decided to turn every machine off except one, and left that to deal with everything.(I sometimes get up very early and it would still be the same, deadly slow).

To compound it all I bought a ISP connection card from Rimping, ji-net(?) because it said on the front Local Connection, so when I flashed everything up it said, this system no longer in use please dial 1222.  I ask you!!!

I used to move house regularly.

The service I got from 1222 would vary with each house.

You seem to be in a bad location. It is a local problem.

There is a thread somewhere here about bad connections.

A member who obviously knew what he was talking about gave some good suggestions. I think you may find it worthwhile to have a search.

To compound it all I bought a ISP connection card from Rimping, ji-net(?) because it said on the front Local Connection, so when I flashed everything up it said, this system no longer in use please dial 1222.  I ask you!!!

I used to move house regularly.

The service I got from 1222 would vary with each house.

You seem to be in a bad location. It is a local problem.

There is a thread somewhere here about bad connections.

A member who obviously knew what he was talking about gave some good suggestions. I think you may find it worthwhile to have a search.

Thanks for that Thetyim, I have gone over to the local ADSL link, that is much better. I also have a EDGE card for my laptop as well, better speed than the dial up and no disconnections.

My wife was wondering  why the phone bill (dedicated to internet only, we use mobiles) had gone up to 1600 baht for a month.

Unlimited? No.

Well it is 3 baht per call. I have checked.

I used to stay connected 24/7 and my phone bill could be as low as 200baht

With the TOT user/pass combo you only get 2 hours with some others it is unlimited.

Can you then explain the high phone bills when that telephone line is never used to make or receive calls?

Dear Valued Subscriber

Regarding your concern, kindly be informed that every call you make to 1222, you will be charged 3 bahts/time.

For further information, please contact our Call Center 0-2263-8222, 24

hours a day, 7 days a week

or email to [email protected] or visit at www.csloxinfo.com .

Thank you for using CS LOXINFO Nationwide Service.

Please attach the original message when replying.

It's stated to be 3 baht/call also cleary on CS internet and KSC websites.

"Can you then explain the high phone bills when that telephone line is never used to make or receive calls?"

You are charged everytime your modem is connected to the 1222 modem even if you never get connected to the net.

If you have auto redial activated then you will rack up a large bill when the service is down.