Wood Chpper.

soidog2

Looking for a small wood chipper to pulverize all the fallen & dead branches that tend to add up around the garden after a good storm.

Anyone knows of a source worth recommending ?

Thank you !

Edited by soidog2

I could do with one too. I think its been discussed before, but the situation may have changed. I've seen evidence of there use at the side of the road when the maintenance people have chopped down some trees, but I've yet to see one in action.

Will this do?

It'll do nicely, especially for 35,000 baht . I'll take two. :D

It would be nice to get something to run off a Pto from the tractor. I've got piles of stuff that'll probably end up getting burned. It would be nice to be able to chip it all.

Wood Chippers you don't want to go light on.

A good one is wonderful, a light one is worse than pathetic.

Been there done that in North Carolina.

That said, I'd love to see the unit made in Sisaket,

as I frequently long for a small one.

Do they also make portable rock crushers?

For an inexpensive multiple purpose unit,

I recommend a hammer mill,

rotated 1/4 turn from normal orientation.

so that the intake is horizontal,

and the outlet drops down after being thrown out the back.

I have intentionally put sticks into my mill,

and they are shredded as you push it in

Not fast, but it does destroy wood.

I have a fine screen for grinding grain.

If you either took the screen out altogether,

or replaced it with a coarse screen,

you'd still get shredded wood.

but in larger pieces.

If you want sawdust, then leave the small screen in.

My mill is 20cm wide, and I drive it with an 11 hp Kubota Diesel

I believe I paid B8,000 for the mill and B23,000 for the engine second hand.

A second hand Kubota diesel is about like a new one,

but not as pretty and shiny

as a complete rebuild costs only around B4,000

A word of advice from the voice of experience.

Any small farm machine built in Thailand

should have all new factory bearings replaced

before you take delivery.

I have brought many new machines home,

only to haul them back to the dealer in a very short time,

replacing this bearing then that,

until all bearings are nice new sealed Japanese top quality stuff.

For some reason Thai manufacturers think it clever to go cheap on bearings.

That may sound like an unfair blanket statement,

but in all the petite farm machinery I've bought,

no matter the manufacturer, it has been true.

Corn Sheller, Hammer Mill, Roto Tiller, Banana Stalk Chopper

all have entirely replaced new bearings that work just fine

For the record, should someone else need a heavy chipper,

Vermeer sells professional grade large chippers in Thailand.

http://www.vermeerthailand.com/apr_009.htm

This is serious equipment for equally serious money.

There is a company that manufacturers wood chippers and fertiliser making gear near Sisaket. Pretty agricultural but very robust, comes with a 3HP motor can handle 3-4" branches. About 35,000 baht from memory.

Isaanaussie.

I have wanted a good chipper/shredder for a long time. Had a fabulous small professional grade unit with an 8 hp Honda engine in the States. Cost $1,600US. Had a smaller cheap one before that that was nothing but a pain in the ass, as noted by a previous poster. I've also wanted a good rototiller. Anyway, as I've travelled around the country, I've popped my head into numerous machinery shops. One day in Muang Surin (Isaan elephant province), I popped my head into a shop and there they were, two rototillers (kruang pluan din) and a shredder/chipper (kruang buii).

Like I said, the shop was in Muang Surin, just off the public square by the train station (postal code is 32000). They are also a John Deere dealer. The rototillers had 5.5 hp Honda engines and were priced at 36,000/40,000 ThB (2 models) and the shredder chipper was priced at 36,000ThB. I cannot remember, but do not think the shredder/chipper had a Honda engine. These machines were made in Thailand. Problem is, they looked like cheap Chinese machines and totally lacked the smooth lines one would expect to see with a well engineered, machined and assembled machine like the shredder/chipper I had in the states. They looked kind of junky, but they are the ONLY such machines I have seen after traveling all over LOS. They are just too stinking expensive for the quality. I obtained a business card from the shop. They speak Thai. You can call Khun Hem Meechuay on his mobile at 081-999-4936. The shop number is 044-511-518 or 044-512-248. the FAX is 044-513-745.

If anybody wants one of these, please PM me and let's talk about getting together on it. If he would come down SUBSTANTIALLY, I would be interested in taking a chance. Maybe we could get a group buy. I live in Phit'lok and would volunteer to drive over to pick up the machines if the price was right.

There is a company that manufacturers wood chippers and fertiliser making gear near Sisaket. Pretty agricultural but very robust, comes with a 3HP motor can handle 3-4" branches. About 35,000 baht from memory.

Isaanaussie.

I have wanted a good chipper/shredder for a long time. Had a fabulous small professional grade unit with an 8 hp Honda engine in the States. Cost $1,600US. Had a smaller cheap one before that that was nothing but a pain in the ass, as noted by a previous poster. I've also wanted a good rototiller. Anyway, as I've travelled around the country, I've popped my head into numerous machinery shops. One day in Muang Surin (Isaan elephant province), I popped my head into a shop and there they were, two rototillers (kruang pluan din) and a shredder/chipper (kruang buii).

Like I said, the shop was in Muang Surin, just off the public square by the train station (postal code is 32000). They are also a John Deere dealer. The rototillers had 5.5 hp Honda engines and were priced at 36,000/40,000 ThB (2 models) and the shredder chipper was priced at 36,000ThB. I cannot remember, but do not think the shredder/chipper had a Honda engine. These machines were made in Thailand. Problem is, they looked like cheap Chinese machines and totally lacked the smooth lines one would expect to see with a well engineered, machined and assembled machine like the shredder/chipper I had in the states. They looked kind of junky, but they are the ONLY such machines I have seen after traveling all over LOS. They are just too stinking expensive for the quality. I obtained a business card from the shop. They speak Thai. You can call Khun Hem Meechuay on his mobile at 081-999-4936. The shop number is 044-511-518 or 044-512-248. the FAX is 044-513-745.

If anybody wants one of these, please PM me and let's talk about getting together on it. If he would come down SUBSTANTIALLY, I would be interested in taking a chance. Maybe we could get a group buy. I live in Phit'lok and would volunteer to drive over to pick up the machines if the price was right.

I am in Buriram, if you are willing to check out the reliability, go to the shop do a live test; I'll buy together with you.

Thank you

www.snhit.com in Nontaburi.

TongueThaied , this is from the website posted above.

Please watch the video I downloaded from their site. The chipper/shredder in the video is about what I had in mind.

How does it compare to the one you found ?

As shown , it comes with an 2hp electric motor , not interesting for me.

I called them, the electric motor can be substituted with a 5hp gasoline engine. Price as shown B 30000.00 without the electric motor B 25.000.00 , gasoline engine on you.

Post your comments !

Thank you

Thai Visa, in their wisdom, would not let me post a flash video, download here : http://www.snhit.com/VDO/MA106-VDO.html

Yesterday I bought a potato slicer. Which looks very similar to the vegetation cutter in the same set of youtube videos, flat loading chute feeding into a rotating blade mounted at right angles to the feed. I intend to replace the flat disc cutter with a bar blade similar to a lawn mower or slasher to cut straw. It came with a 1hp electric motor and cost a total of 7,000 baht. No good for wood chipping though. Hopefully I can use it for both purposes (sweet potatoes and straw) by interchanging the blades and motor pulley sizes.

They also had a vertical feed shredder with an 8" throat for 12,500 baht complete with 3 Hp motor and a 10" for about 18,000 complete with 5 HP motor.

Also had a small Honda shredder which I didnt ask the price on but have seen them around for about 30,000 baht (5HP petrol) and a massive trailer mounted tree eater which was 80,000 baht without the recommended 16HP Kubota engine.

Isaanaussie

Yesterday I bought a potato slicer. Which looks very similar to the vegetation cutter in the same set of youtube videos, flat loading chute feeding into a rotating blade mounted at right angles to the feed. I intend to replace the flat disc cutter with a bar blade similar to a lawn mower or slasher to cut straw. It came with a 1hp electric motor and cost a total of 7,000 baht. No good for wood chipping though. Hopefully I can use it for both purposes (sweet potatoes and straw) by interchanging the blades and motor pulley sizes.

They also had a vertical feed shredder with an 8" throat for 12,500 baht complete with 3 Hp motor and a 10" for about 18,000 complete with 5 HP motor.

Also had a small Honda shredder which I didnt ask the price on but have seen them around for about 30,000 baht (5HP petrol) and a massive trailer mounted tree eater which was 80,000 baht without the recommended 16HP Kubota engine.

Isaanaussie

So there are lots of them about . The tree eater sounds interesting, but as the Pogues song goes, 'lend me ten pounds and I'll buy you a drink' . I was improvising yesterday with the sledge grass slasher on the back of the tractor, Just got tired of all the piles of brush lying around so ran over them a couple of times, it sort of did the trick, but not sure its good for the slasher. The termites and Ants will tidy it up some more.

Is the 2 HP model fairly robust? I'm seriously considering stuffing my next-door-neighbor into one of these babies and I want to make sure I have the correct tool for the job...

Farang or Thai. Jai yen yen , as they say.

I'd say at a Guess your probably gonna need that 16hp trailer mounted one. And maybe some Pigs to tidy up afterwards :D

Hey Jubby,

PTO driven chippers yes please, take a look at

www.libertychippers.com

At todays exchange rate around 60-70,000 baht for the 5 inch version, carbon steel blades and all. Lots of Chinese versions available for less but doubt the quality is as good.

Arh, dream on, her in doors would kill me. Actually no she wouldn't but she wouldn't stop yarping about it for ages, a fate worst then death.

Isaanaussie

Hey Jubby,

www.libertychippers.com

At todays exchange rate around 60-70,000 baht for the 5 inch version, carbon steel blades and all. Lots of Chinese versions available for less but doubt the quality is as good.

Arh, dream on, her in doors would kill me. Actually no she wouldn't but she wouldn't stop yarping about it for ages, a fate worst then death.

Isaanaussie

IA

If we are talking about dreaming , this is the best small pto chipper/shredder money can buy and I already have the BCS tractor in the garage.

An incredible machine for the home garden.

Check it out. http://www.bcs-america.com/attachments_details.cqs?catid=096f938a9c12d40242e24bbe55b1b722

About $ 1500.00 in the US , made in Italy.

I keep telling myself not to buy it but after seeing all the crap available here I am not so sure.

Best

Hey Jubby,

www.libertychippers.com

Isaanaussie

IA

If we are talking about dreaming , this is the best small pto chipper/shredder money can buy and I already have the BCS tractor in the garage.

An incredible machine for the home garden.

Check it out. http://www.bcs-ameri...2e24bbe55b1b722

About $ 1500.00 in the US , made in Italy.

I keep telling myself not to buy it but after seeing all the crap available here I am not so sure.

Best

Soi Dog,

I know exactly what you mean. Not a matter of do you have the money, more a matter is that the best way to spend it. For me the need currently is to simply chop straw into lengths that I can handle once its in the compost combined with the pig manure. Man is it ever heavy if you try using it straight out of the bale. Now there is something that I wish I could convince myself to buy, a small round baler. Dream on.....

I have trialled growing sweet potatoes for pig feed and with my purchase I am hoping to kill two birds with one stone. Just started modified a mower blade to suit. My old iseki tractor needs a bit of TLC at the moment and I sure miss the rotary hoe at the moment.

Just not enough chamongs in a wan at the moment.

IA

Edited by IsaanAussie

• 11 months later...

I found, and bought, this nice little chipper. I wanted something I can take around the property rather than have it in a fixed location. So the Honda engine unit fits my needs well. The machine is heavy, 90 kg, which reflects the robust construction. I'm impressed with the attention to detail in the construction... using Nylock nuts on every bolt is a bit of overkill but you're not going to be bothered with loosening bolts any time soon for sure. Welding seems to be done well and the fit of parts is fine. Even a belt guard!

Price is in the 35,000 - 36,000 baht range (I won't be much more specific than that as I feel that I was able to get a bargain from the manufacturer) with a 6 month warranty. I've seen the unit priced at 37,000 - 42,000 in the Chiang Mai area. They shipped immediately once the money was transferred and it arrived within one day - 300 baht from their factory to the Chiang Mai area. I used it for several hours last evening chopping lomyai branches, leaves and twigs littering the orchard after harvest... worked great. I'll be suggesting that they use larger wheels as it's weight doesn't allow for pulling around easily on rough ground.

No website now... they have a new 'merican fellow working with them now for export sales... he's most helpful.

C.L.P Engineering Co., Ltd.

Bangkok, Thailand

Tel : +66-2-529-0691-5 Fax : +66-2-909-1264

Disclaimer: I'm not getting anything out of this posting except the pleasure of passing on pertinent information. :jap:

Thanks Fredge, that looks much better put together than most Thai made machines.

I'll hopefully be taking a look at one in Chiang Mai soon.

Looks like it wouldn't be to difficult to convert to PTO drive & 3 point hitch at a later date.

Rice, all the other chippers I've seen were very poor quality,

Im interested in the CLP one because it looks very professional.

Interesting to see a 3 point hitch one tho.

I doubt that this unit would be big enough for PTO powering... the Honda GX160 is but 5.5 hp and it powers the cutterhead just fine.

A few minor issues with location of grease fittings that I've passed on to CLP... at least they have installed grease fittings.

I installed 12" wheels to replace the original 8" and it goes across the rougher ground much easier now. A 2x4 chunk of wood elevates the engine end to help level things out when I'm working it. Simple and effective until I build up something more permanent.

Still have all my fingers... ;)

Rice, all the other chippers I've seen were very poor quality,

Im interested in the CLP one because it looks very professional.

Interesting to see a 3 point hitch one tho.

I doubt that this unit would be big enough for PTO powering... the Honda GX160 is but 5.5 hp and it powers the cutterhead just fine.

A few minor issues with location of grease fittings that I've passed on to CLP... at least they have installed grease fittings.

I installed 12" wheels to replace the original 8" and it goes across the rougher ground much easier now. A 2x4 chunk of wood elevates the engine end to help level things out when I'm working it. Simple and effective until I build up something more permanent.

Still have all my fingers... ;)

Hey guys i just wrote a 500 word thing on chippersw and managed to delete it all in a touch of a button. Oh well at least i won't bore you now with the story of my favorite one that we got that was permantly mounted on the bed of a big Kenworth. Just say that being able to feed one diameter and larger cypress trees almost whole through it created plenty of good mulch and solved many problems very well and fairly fast.

Hey old Fredge with the 45 your chipper appears to be able to handle very light branches up to about 1 1/2 inch in diameter by the photos shown (usually they always show the biggest stuff a machine can handle on the advertising, I would). Just in case you and anyone else hasn't operated one of these and they don't have the two grinding type wheel feeds to them (compared to the "duck and chuck" types of the the early 70's models) you need to be careful. Depending on diameter size, length, moisture content and species will deterrmine how fast your chipper will "suck" the piece you are intro ducing into the mouth of the feed. DRY WOOD is the thing you want to be careful with especially when you own a machine that will take larger diameter stock as it can whip it sideways in a heart beat and any mental lapses can be dangerous as in operating any tool. The slow grinder wheel type feeds have basically eliminated it in the commercial size machines.

Hey Nickles full of Rice you can't give better advice as the Kaesetsart Ag Fair sure got the juices flowing with their rice polishing machines and shredders sitting side by sizde and working away for all to see. Sure would love to have one of both some day. Sure would love to have some of the rain that everybody has been getting as we are still over 6 weeks without getting and really good downpour yet. I'll talk to you about what you see when we get together definitely bummed I'm going to miss it but really is a great way to shop for your farm equipment. Everything that i saw at Kae was mighty fine looking machinery but as in many tools and this more than anything bigger is always better and I'll end up getting something i can mount on the Ford and use the PTO. Anyone got a used one for sale? " Some get Scattered" Taj from the Like Never before" album

Please watch the video I downloaded from their site. The chipper/shredder in the video is about what I had in mind.

I called them, the electric motor can be substituted with a 5hp gasoline engine. Price as shown B 30000.00 without the electric motor B 25.000.00 , gasoline engine on you.

Post your comments !

Thank you

Hey Dogger Guy in the Street. I know this is an older post but.... eeeeeh god but I freaked and couldn't look at your videos. The second one i pulled up had the guy feeding the top loader and I said no this ain't right and sure as heck the second piece of wood he put in bucked and chucked and he laugh as he rasssled it back down in. They appear deadly. Caution caution Dr Spock to all or whatever don't go blind using these machines. Note the wood is all uniform in size in the video and is very fresh and has good moisture content. Some poor unfortunate soul could put a slightly curved piece of similar sized wood that was much drier (like the miserable eucalypytus around here) and it could have a very heavy knot in it and it would be thrown sideways and take his eye out in a flash. Very very very dangerous and like I said I refused to watch more than 20 seconds of the one minute second video that i pulled up just for the fear factor. The first with that guy shoving from the top looks very dangerous also. Maybe that is why all you see in the US of any size is the type that you load the pieces horizontally to the ground such that you can stand outside (generally to the left if you are right handed) the area of the feed shute and introduce the pieces somewhat side arm so that your head and torso are completely protected from any pieces that buck and are whipped sideways.

Please if anyone is confused about what I'm trying to explain please respond with any questions because these can be very dangerous machines when you start using the types that handle 2 inch diameter and larger ESPECIALLY when the material gets dry in certain types of wood. The very small types like Fredge has gotten are a bit forgiving as long as you introduce lite chopped brush and very small diameter branches. Note they say it is for "twigs" and in essence that is what it is good for. Please remember never put something in that is too large or dry. that is the reason that I stated that you should always be using or purchasing a machine that is going to be able to handle a larger capacity than what you are introducing as it will be the safest.

Hey Doc Treelove you with us on this still? How much, approximately, is that track layer you had posted. I'll try to give you a call in a little while hopefully. FF

PS the last post I deleted the word meter in the line that stated the capacity of that big chipper as it could handle one meter diameter and larger cypress trees no problem

Thai Visa, in their wisdom, would not let me post a flash video, download here : http://www.snhit.com.../MA106-VDO.html

Edited by Foreverford

Hello FEF, you could look around and get a used one.

They even have a tractor with 7'/8'(?) wide gang reel mower there.

Was this the Caddie that gave you a lift?

If you drive down the golden road to where these guys are playing

back east, go north 3-400 miles, you'll run into Taj.

For a quick fix, get the "new" KFAT on the dial or net. See the play

list a few days back. KFAT use to have Fat Fry's at Keystone.

Thats KPIG, 107 oink 5, we can send out a rescue ship from Freedom

if you need it, it's on standby.

rice555 Praise the Lard

post-37242-0-68530100-1311797922_thumb.j

post-37242-0-38925000-1311798025_thumb.j

post-37242-0-27314600-1311798136_thumb.j

post-37242-0-72877900-1311798190_thumb.j

post-37242-0-20110500-1311798243_thumb.j

Post your comments !

Thank you

Hey Dogger Guy in the Street. I know this is an older post but.... eeeeeh god but I freaked and couldn't look at your videos. The second one i pulled up had the guy feeding the top loader and I said no this ain't right and sure as heck the second piece of wood he put in bucked and chucked and he laugh as he rasssled it back down in. They appear deadly. Caution caution Dr Spock to all or whatever don't go blind using these machines. Note the wood is all uniform in size in the video and is very fresh and has good moisture content. Some poor unfortunate soul could put a slightly curved piece of similar sized wood that was much drier (like the miserable eucalypytus around here) and it could have a very heavy knot in it and it would be thrown sideways and take his eye out in a flash. Very very very dangerous and like I said I refused to watch more than 20 seconds of the one minute second video that i pulled up just for the fear factor. The first with that guy shoving from the top looks very dangerous also. Maybe that is why all you see in the US of any size is the type that you load the pieces horizontally to the ground such that you can stand outside (generally to the left if you are right handed) the area of the feed shute and introduce the pieces somewhat side arm so that your head and torso are completely protected from any pieces that buck and are whipped sideways.

Please if anyone is confused about what I'm trying to explain please respond with any questions because these can be very dangerous machines when you start using the types that handle 2 inch diameter and larger ESPECIALLY when the material gets dry in certain types of wood. The very small types like Fredge has gotten are a bit forgiving as long as you introduce lite chopped brush and very small diameter branches. Note they say it is for "twigs" and in essence that is what it is good for. Please remember never put something in that is too large or dry. that is the reason that I stated that you should always be using or purchasing a machine that is going to be able to handle a larger capacity than what you are introducing as it will be the safest.

Hey Doc Treelove you with us on this still? How much, approximately, is that track layer you had posted. I'll try to give you a call in a little while hopefully. FF

PS the last post I deleted the word meter in the line that stated the capacity of that big chipper as it could handle one meter diameter and larger cypress trees no problem

Thai Visa, in their wisdom, would not let me post a flash video, download here : http://www.snhit.com.../MA106-VDO.html

In the end I broke down and bought the BCS Chipper, I did not have a chance to assemble it yet. I will post some pictures and a report in a couple of weeks. Factory picture attached.

Best regards.

post-14625-0-13987600-1311818774_thumb.j

Edited by soidog2

Hello FEF, you could look around and get a used one.

They even have a tractor with 7'/8'(?) wide gang reel mower there.

Was this the Caddie that gave you a lift?

If you drive down the golden road to where these guys are playing

back east, go north 3-400 miles, you'll run into Taj.

For a quick fix, get the "new" KFAT on the dial or net. See the play

list a few days back. KFAT use to have Fat Fry's at Keystone.

Thats KPIG, 107 oink 5, we can send out a rescue ship from Freedom

if you need it, it's on standby.

rice555 Praise the Lard

Well sooooooouuuuueeeeee that's Sue E to you non pig farmers and listeners of 107.5 KPIG radio out of Freedom with best Mexican food dis side of Watsonbill brudah. Yo bro that's old stomping ground for me. I had almost 20 acres of semi-bottom land tucked away in a little valley above the big valley there just outside Pajaro in Monterey County. I remember quite clearly (not too often in regards to anything anymore) one morning about 1972 or 3 I was in a little railroad train station that had been dragged up thru Portola Valley on skids by my Grandpa about 30-40 years earlier and i had moved in to occupy (rent was 50 bucks a month and I had to make it liveable and be compatible with bee hive that occupied it also) it and called all 500 square feet home with a pot bellied stove and three hundred acres that stretched from Portola Road to the corner of Old La Honda Road and Skyline Boulevard (my grandpa and grandma's first real job was building that road).

At the time I owned a non-solid-state, tube powered Philco radio AM/FM tuner (monoral (mono)) that I ran thru another tube powered Multiplexer to bust it up into Stereo. Definitely not "state of the art" but the best fidelity i could afford at the time. There has never been a better machine for picking up signals and lo and behold i have a good buddy roll in and i say hey man you have got to check this new radio station I dialed in it is too too bad. So there we sit listening to commercial free, 100% in your face, full on, who knows what, from where but right in the midddle of an explosion of on the scene music. These guys are putting out Memphis blues, Lady Day, bluegrass,classic old school country, rock-a billy and dern near anything in between. You could say it truly reflected the roots of SF Bay Area Rock and Roll. the Dead, Janis and Big Brother et al, Creedence, Quicksilver, The Airplane. New Riders, Santana, Neil Young, Taj and even Mick Fleetwood in LA pulling together Menlo Park locals Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks to rock the scene....... KFAT definitely laid out their roots. there are some fine memories there, though I do forget, were they out of Cannery Row on the Monterey Bay in like Pacific Grove? Salinas? yoooo Gilroy!! Right? (definitely no fun to look this stufff up on a computer much better to just remember the smell of the kelp and the wind blowing off the Monterey Bay down in the pilings of the "Row") I think it was the PIG that started out of Pacific Grove, That was a very special day way back then hearing that station sometimes fade in and play some real roots music. May have been the first time I ever heard Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys singing their own songs. It was just about the time Waylon Jennings came and played with the Dead in Golden Gate Park and Willie rolled into Berkeley a couple years later singing about a "Red Headed Stranger". The Fat ushered out the era of the SF rock scene and seamlessly gravitated to crossover country music with Bob Marley flying his flag high as the mindless sheep moved on to outlandish bell bottom lobotomized disco.

Hey I see by one of your too cool attachments that the local boys Bobby and Phil are touring around with while I'm here I'm sure my Thai wife would enjoy the scene as it will probably be as crazy as the night markets in the LOS if I can convince my mom to go maybe we'll check them out. Hopefully they'll play Shoreline that would be easy but Stanford Amphitheater would be magic.

Now that 7'6'' gang mower you're talking about is it a "flail" mower. sort of like having a big drum and a lot of rods off it to do some whumpin' on anything and everything. Thai made? 7' 6" definitely covers both wheels of the Ford. this is the type of mower that changed the huge commercial rice growers in California as they were forbidden to use their longstanding practice of burning off the rice fields by stricter pollution control in the last few decades so they have gone to flailing the stubble and then flooding their fields, It is definitely much more expensive in all ways but and a big but is that they went from one of the biggest and most hated polluters in California to the "Enviromentalists" poster child. No more air pollution a bunch of water on the ground wicking its way back into a depleted water table and then most of all a bazillion acres of open riparian wildlife habitat in one of the world's greatest migratory bird flyways.

What the heck Ricer one last "radio" memory. It was in the days of Wolfman Jack broadcasting at midnight out of Tijuana in the mid 60's and on KEWB Channel 91. AM as no FM in those days until the first in America KSAN commercial free out of San Francisco years later but that morning I remember hearing this banging and booming and hootin and hollerin' and it is the Dead singing "The Golden Road To Unlimited Devotion" blasting out of the radio as I laid lazily in bed and it had to be summer or the weekend because no radio in the morning on school days back then. Ag Fairs and county Fairs Forever Fords

PS check the price on the flail mower if you can but really I think a rotary is much more usefull but a really a different machine as the flail will pulverize the stubble and amke it more readily able to decompose which should save you a bit of N depending on your ag practices and timing.

Post your comments !

Hey there doggeroo good on you getting the chipper I'm envious. Note the position of the guy if the branch bucks it waps him in the ear or throat. This is an issue when the material is too large or too dry. Small dry stuff shouldn't be an issue but as I saw guys physically pushing branches into this chipper or another similar i would never recommend having your hands or body on branches that are starting to be pulled into the grinder. Start with nice small stuff and you will learn your machine and its capabilities. anyone who operates these will know when he has put in something too big and won't usually do it again. I am not very experienced with small machines but i think you would want to use the same thoughts and some of the precautions. For example the fellow in the picture appears like he is feeding the branch into the machine and holding it. If in fact that was the only way to use this machine for that size stock and moisture content then I would recommend cutting your pieces a bit smaller so that if when feeding them into the and they buck and kick sideways they would not be long enough to hit you in the head or neck.

I know I'm being a bit over the top with this but there are inherent dangers in operating this type of machine and if it is used for very light brush, branches and such it is a great tool and asset for mulch and composting. The larger and drier pieces are the things to be careful with and i just think safety safety safety especially with this tool as i know the Thais definitely take this issue and designs not too seriously here. Lots of missing fingers and eyes in the farming sector of LOS. I'll say one thing doggerbuddy it'll turn your avo branches into cream when they are fresh. Choke Dee Fixin' Fords Forever

Thank you

In the end I broke down and bought the BCS Chipper, I did not have a chance to assemble it yet. I will post some pictures and a report in a couple of weeks. Factory picture attached.

Best regards.