Cathouse In Nana Conning People

Eddiee

Hi All,

Just a quickie..we were in the Cathouse the other night all was OK until we went to order a happy hour beer at 7.45pm and was told by the bar girls sorry "cannot" they advertise HH until 8pm their clock is set 15mins forward to try and gain dosh from pissed up punters but we were not having any of it, we all checked our phones and watches and it was def 7.45pm we even showed the bar girls our phones all stating the right time unless Thaksin and AIS were in on it (that wouldnt surprise me) but they still insisted it was after 8pm...so no HH beer

He has just lost about 10 regular expat customers because of this and we are all spreading the word as well....was it worth it ?

Falang bar owner as well....suppose to stick together abroad, B******S...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Just a quickie..we were in the Cathouse the other night all was OK until we went to order a happy hour beer at 7.45pm and was told by the bar girls sorry "cannot" they advertise HH until 8pm their clock is set 15mins forward to try and gain dosh from pissed up punters but we were not having any of it, we all checked our phones and watches and it was def 7.45pm we even showed the bar girls our phones all stating the right time unless Thaksin and AIS were in on it (that wouldnt surprise me) but they still insisted it was after 8pm...so no HH beer

He has just lost about 10 regular expat customers because of this and we are all spreading the word as well....was it worth it ?

Send Sickman a note.

Cathouse advertises on that site.

Thanks for the tip udon, however I dont think it will take too long for Stickman to read this thread, besides he will probably not say anything against the Cathouse if they are advertising with him

So, what if you have been there for an hour or so and order more drinks at 19.45 and get refused a drink at the advertised happy hour prices..... say spirits or a Heineken.?

The bar serves cheap drinks until 20.00 or 19.45. ??? by my watch, yours or the bar clock?

The owner of the bar should make up his mind, 19.45 or 20.00 it's not rocket science! :o

Sounds as though it was.

At least he's got rid of you lot of big timers - economically embarrassed by apparently loosing 15 mins cheaper drinking time - so much so you "spread the word" and post in Thaivisa.

Hold onto your purses, girls.

Especially when you think of the price of drinks in Thailand!!!

Sounds as though it was.

At least he's got rid of you lot of big timers - economically embarrassed by apparently loosing 15 mins cheaper drinking time - so much so you "spread the word" and post in Thaivisa.

It has nothing to do with "big timers" it has to do with honest advertising, but I guess that went over your head......duh!

I don't know the place but it appears that the bar girl made a mistake, the cock was wrong...

I just would have had a friendly word with the owner, means take the complain to the boss, or did you?

Sounds as though it was.

It has nothing to do with "big timers" it has to do with honest advertising, but I guess that went over your head......duh!

"honest advertising" is an oxymoron.

And whinging is still whinging.

I've always thought that bars set their clocks 15 minutes faster for closing time so they can get people out on time. This means they run their whole day on that clock just like happy hour doesn't start until their clock says it's time. Now this is not rocket science but it works for them and generally makes things easier for all concerned.

question is then

what time did happy hour start???????????????

I've always thought that bars set their clocks 15 minutes faster for closing time so they can get people out on time. This means they run their whole day on that clock just like happy hour doesn't start until their clock says it's time. Now this is not rocket science but it works for them and generally makes things easier for all concerned.

"honest advertising" is an oxymoron.

And whinging is still whinging.

So is your whinging about his whinging. :D

What separates whining from complaining? :D:D

Be careful TT, we're dealing with a Pommie academic here..... another oxy(moron)?

:o:D :D

Oh sh*t, I'm sorry you guys, I didn't realise I was talking to some Aussies.

I should have known the extra two or three cents on a glass of beer is much more important than, for example, the G8 summit or the fact you just lost by 9 wickets to England.

You going to need all the cheap drink you can consume to get you through these next few weeks - "happy hours" will be distant memories.

question is then

A good point Snoopy, I wonder if you can get a drink at 15.45

I guess it's all just "academic" :o

have a word with Doug the owner, he'll kick their asses into the middle of next week, they do go by the clocks on the walls and not the punters watches though...

I got banned from there a month or so ago for writing my name on the bar in tomato sauce :o

...its duff beer - from a keg out the back, thats why they take your bottle away.

Not real bottled Chang.

Thats a very good point that !! :o

Ok fully understood why they insist you finish the last drink and take the bottle away however, does anyone ever bother to watch them crack open the next bottle ? I know I never :D

Nah, cant be ! They do the same for Tiger & Heineken @ 200 baht, and I know a Tiger when I taste one !! :D

As for lost business, arent they already doing that by charging so little ? If I was the owner I would be doing my best to get rid of the regulars as they are the ones who are, quite literally... taking the pi*s !!!

question is then

I think if you read the COMPLETE POST below this you will get the answer to your question. Just in case you can NOT read the whole thing, I've cut and pasted it below. :D

[/quote

"just like happy hour doesn't start until their clock says it's time." :o

question is then

I think if you read the COMPLETE POST below this you will get the answer to your question. Just in case you can NOT read the whole thing, I've cut and pasted it below. :D

[/quote

"just like happy hour doesn't start until their clock says it's time." :o

Thanks Kringle.

And to you other guys...jeeez...do we have to draw you a diagram?

Thanks for all your comments....

But please also consider that when there is a large group of 10/15 expats in a bar then I am sure you can see why we are complaining about the false advertising of 8pm HH finito...as HH price would be half price compared to full price and I am sure the owner knew this and told his girlies (if you can call them that) not to give us HH prices, whereas if it was joe bloggs sitting in the corner on his own then I am sure it would have been different...... :o