Cathouse In Nana Conning People

Eddiee

Doug is a friend of mine, one of my customers and a very nice geezer. He also supplies some of my beers at the same price he buys them for ( with free delivery)

Also 'The Asia Bugle' advertises 'The Cathouse'

Hope that has cleared up a few antipodean whinges.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all your comments....

But please also consider that when there is a large group of 10/15 expats in a bar then I am sure you can see why we are complaining about the false advertising of 8pm HH finito...as HH price would be half price compared to full price and I am sure the owner knew this and told his girlies (if you can call them that) not to give us HH prices, whereas if it was joe bloggs sitting in the corner on his own then I am sure it would have been different...... :o

Chownah, I guess you have to draw this poor guy a diagram to show him the bar does biz on THEIR clock not the customers watch. :D

So......................did the happy HOUR go on for just an hour or longer. Longer I would imagine. Personally I would call it 'Cheap Charlie Hour' I do beleive that the 'Happy Hour' at the Cathouse house lets you drink as much Chang as you can for ฿100. Maybe I should have a word with Doug see if he can stretch it to 'As much Chang as you can drink for one month, only ฿50' Still, probably still get complaints that the month finished 15 mins early.

So......................did the happy HOUR go on for just an hour or longer. Longer I would imagine. Personally I would call it 'Cheap Charlie Hour' I do beleive that the 'Happy Hour' at the Cathouse house lets you drink as much Chang as you can for ฿100. Maybe I should have a word with Doug see if he can stretch it to 'As much Chang as you can drink for one month, only ฿50' Still, probably still get complaints that the month finished 15 mins early.

If it wasn't profitable for Cathouse Doug, he wouldn't do it........ would he!

He's been doing it since April/May 2002...... :D

I guess with your low prices, every day is happy day :o

So, no cheap charlies in your bar?

Edited by udon

If it wasn't profitable for Cathouse Doug, he wouldn't do it........ would he!

He's been doing it since April/May 2002...... :D

I guess with your low prices, every day is happy day :o

So, no cheap charlies in your bar?

I will not answer that on the grounds that it will incriminate most of my cusomers :D

my 2 cents...

the bar owner has the right to do whatever he wants. it's his bar.

but if I were him, if the customer has a legitimate complaint, I would honor the customer's complaint. because in the long run, he will reap the benefits of having a return customer.

in fact, I would buy the guy a beer just to patch up any misunderstandings. like one poster said, "it's only one beer."

return customers are your bread and butter. if you don't try to retain them, you will eventually go broke.

return customers also serve to provide you with free advertising thru word of mouth. something that is always appreciated in the business world.

my father taught me this principle a long time ago.

end of my preaching. you do what you want.

Doug is a friend of mine, one of my customers and a very nice geezer. He also supplies some of my beers at the same price he buys them for ( with free delivery)

I understood that the Cathouse has new owners, as of the last couple of days.

I understood that the Cathouse has new owners, as of the last couple of days.

He did mention the fact he was giving up. Matbe he has already and the Happy hour is not down to him now. He was in last week, but only said I would have to look elsewhere for my supplies.

my 2 cents...

the bar owner has the right to do whatever he wants.  it's his bar.

but if I were him, if the customer has a legitimate complaint, I would honor the customer's complaint.  because in the long run, he will reap the benefits of having a return customer.

in fact, I would buy the guy a beer just to patch up any misunderstandings. like one poster said, "it's only one beer."

return customers are your bread and butter.  if you don't try to retain them, you will eventually go broke.

return customers also serve to provide you with free advertising thru word of mouth.  something that is always appreciated in the business world.

end of my preaching.  you do what you want.

At last 3 cheers for nick, somebody here with a sensible view on this issue.

The majority of my mates here including me have been in Thailand for over 10yrs each and probably know most of you on this board as we are a huge community of approx 100 expats we know most of the people in the bar game (who are worth knowing) and word about this load of B****** has really spread amoung the expat community, however if the bar has changed hands then its pointless continuing this thread, just goes to show who was in the right, bar owner has now SOLD the bar (got the most out of his customers first)

Sign or no sign in the bar stating HH drinking hours (which I have never seen its probably in the run down bogs written in Thai) the World does not revolve around the Cathouse Clock and when people go out for a drink they expect time to be in "Real Time" so as there is no cheating which is/was clearly happening in this instance and probably a lot of other instances no wonder he can afford to sell the bar!

Bottom line is 6pm till 8pm is 6pm till 8pm, if we start allowing this sort of thing to happen here we are all going to end up out of pocket...and by the way beer is getting just as expensive in Thailand as it is in the West and in some places more expensive

Millwall in Thailand Club....

HQ:

Dogs <deleted>

Pattaya

Eddiee

post Today, 2005-07-10 17:55:36

Post #40

Group: Members

Member No.: 4,615

QUOTE(nick2k @ 2005-07-10 04:16:41)

my 2 cents...

the bar owner has the right to do whatever he wants. it's his bar.

but if I were him, if the customer has a legitimate complaint, I would honor the customer's complaint. because in the long run, he will reap the benefits of having a return customer.

return customers are your bread and butter. if you don't try to retain them, you will eventually go broke.

return customers also serve to provide you with free advertising thru word of mouth. something that is always appreciated in the business world.

end of my preaching. you do what you want.

The majority of my mates here including me have been in Thailand for over 10yrs each and probably know most of you on this board as we are a huge community of approx 100 expats we know most of the people in the bar game (who are worth knowing) and word about this load of B****** has really spread amoung the expat community, however if the bar has changed hands then its pointless continuing this thread, just goes to show who was in the right, bar owner has now SOLD the bar (got the most out of his customers first)

Sign or no sign in the bar stating HH drinking hours (which I have never seen its probably in the run down bogs written in Thai) the World does not revolve around the Cathouse Clock and when people go out for a drink they expect time to be in "Real Time" so as there is no cheating which is/was clearly happening in this instance and probably a lot of other instances no wonder he can afford to sell the bar!

Bottom line is 6pm till 8pm is 6pm till 8pm, if we start allowing this sort of thing to happen here we are all going to end up out of pocket...and by the way beer is getting just as expensive in Thailand as it is in the West and in some places more expensive

HQ:

Dogs <deleted>

Pattaya

If I NEVER meet you lot then I will consider myself lucky. 100 strong and still don't have a <removed> brain between ALL of you. How old are you twits?

I control the world , it's my world and you do what I say, me me me....

Grow the <deleted> up and GAG

Eddiee  

post Today, 2005-07-10 17:55:36

Post #40

Group: Members

Member No.: 4,615

QUOTE(nick2k @ 2005-07-10 04:16:41)

my 2 cents...

but if I were him, if the customer has a legitimate complaint, I would honor the customer's complaint.  because in the long run, he will reap the benefits of having a return customer.

return customers are your bread and butter.  if you don't try to retain them, you will eventually go broke.

return customers also serve to provide you with free advertising thru word of mouth.  something that is always appreciated in the business world.

HQ:

Dogs <deleted>

Pattaya

If I NEVER meet you lot then I will consider myself lucky. 100 strong and still don't have a <removed> brain between ALL of you. How old are you twits?

I control the world , it's my world and you do what I say, me me me....

Grow the <deleted> up and GAG

HeHeHe....Looks like Kris Kringle is the one that needs to grow up :o

HQ:

Dogs <deleted>

Pattaya

Edited by Eddiee

The majority of my mates here including me have been in Thailand for over 10yrs each and probably know most of you on this board as we are a huge community of approx 100 expats we know most of the people in the bar game ...

HQ:

Dogs <deleted>

Pattaya

Now I see why HH is of such importance to you - you havn't got much else in your life, have you?

The majority of my mates here including me have been in Thailand for over 10yrs each and probably know most of you on this board as we are a huge community of approx 100 expats we know most of the people in the bar game ...

HQ:

Dogs <deleted>

Pattaya

Now I see why HH is of such importance to you - you havn't got much else in your life, have you?

Muppy Merton at least I've got hair :o

HQ:

Dogs <deleted>

Pattaya

Muppy Merton at least I've got hair :D

Something tells me you wont last long on this forum :o

Edited by daleyboy

HQ:

Dogs <deleted>

Pattaya

Muppet Mertons Life

"I have a Doctor of Arts (Modern History). My speciality is the Middle East. Despite my academic qualifications, I teach communication’s technology at a college in the UK. I am married to a Thai woman and we have a 6 year old son"

Well muppy merton looks like you are the one that needs to get a life...He He He :o

my 2 cents...

Agree with you Nick.

Been several times in bars where the owner popped in near the end of happy hour and after seeing that he had a reasonable crowd extended the happy hour just to extend the happy mood. :o

Great for PR.

HQ:

Dogs <deleted>

Pattaya

daleyboy thx for the comment, however we have been active on this forum since 2003.....

Good post meom and totally agree...

To all you guys moaning away on here, particularly you long term expats who have forgotten life in the real world !

How many guys in your home country would give there left leg to be able to get sh*t faced for less than the price of 1 single beer ? Then be able to grab a stunning 21 year old bird on the way home for less than the price of a good curry ?

How good do you want your life to be before you stop complaining ?? :o

I have to say this gives a whole new meaning to the word "ungrateful" ! :D

To all you guys moaning away on here, particularly you long term expats who have forgotten life in the real world !

How many guys in your home country would give there left leg to be able to get sh*t faced for less than the price of 1 single beer ? Then be able to grab a stunning 21 year old bird on the way home for less than the price of a good curry ?

How good do you want your life to be before you stop complaining ?? :o

I have to say this gives a whole new meaning to the word "ungrateful" ! :D

Well I have no idea where you venture to when you go out but when I go in BKK I always spend min 15/20,000bht (1 nite) and I normally go out 2/3 times a week, think its a lot more expensive in BKK for a good night out than it is in London or NYC etc (years ago it used to be cheaper but not now)...OK, I would still rather be here though :D

Edited by Eddiee

HQ:

Dogs <deleted>

Pattaya

daleyboy thx for the comment, however we have been active on this forum since 2003.....

32 postings in 2 years - if that's active, I bet you describe your 10 years crawling from cheapskate hour to cheapskate hour in Pattaya as "high powered stress filled business executive working in the Far East".

Edited by Thomas_Merton

I don't see the problem Thomas, he made a valid complaint about a happy hour in a bar, its not the money but the principle involved, I agree with him, it is a con, it stated happy hour until 8 pm and this wasn't given to him. The price of the beer doesn't matter.

To the original poster, you've gotta give me a breakdown on how you spend 15-20 k a night in bkk especially in these bars, that sounds so pricey. 5-6-7 k I follow but 20k thats a lot. Not having a go at you for it, its your dosh, just wondered HOW?

HQ:

Dogs <deleted>

Pattaya

32 postings in 2 years - if that's active, I bet you describe your 10 years crawling from cheapskate hour to cheapskate hour in Pattaya as "high powered stress filled business executive working in the Far East".

At least my hair follicles are active..... :D

I don't see the problem Thomas, he made a valid complaint about a happy hour in a bar, its not the money but the principle involved, I agree with him, it is a con, it stated happy hour until 8 pm and this wasn't given to him.  The price of the beer doesn't matter.

To the original poster, you've gotta give me a breakdown on how you spend 15-20 k a night in bkk especially in these bars, that sounds so pricey.  5-6-7 k I follow but 20k thats a lot.  Not having a go at you for it, its your dosh, just wondered HOW?

bkkmadness thank you, you see the light, shame the majority here cant...

I normally leave big tips wherever I go and ring bells quite often and help me mates out quite a bit who sometimes are skint, but hey when I go out I like to have a gig...

The_Moog, Yeah I know a few movie extras who work on Channel 3

[

Muppy Merton at least I've got hair :o

At least my hair follicles are active..... :D

...mmm this sounds like a man in denial about one of the facts of life - beginning to feel a bit follicley challenged are we EH?

Checking the back of the old barnet with a mirror when you are alone in the bathroom, are we?

Sad case.