Premier League Football - Fantasy And Real

miltonbentley

The Premier League returns this weekend. :)

At Tuskers we have set up the big screen viewing area that proved so popular during the World Cup and will be running promotions throughout the season. This week we have a Buy 2 Get 1 Free Offer on all drinks for people enjoying the matches and there are some great opening weekend games including Spurs v Man City at 6.45pm Saturday and Liverpool v Arsenal at 10pm on Sunday.

For those that like to play a more interactive role over the season Tuskers has a Fantasy Football League. Our league code is 138464-41079. Entry is free, there is a prize for Manager of the Month,the leader at Christmas and at the end of the season.

All are welcome.

Edited by miltonbentley

Will you be showing the ManUtd - Newcastle Utd game on Monday night (starts at 19:00 GMT)? Are you open that late?

Sorry PFV too late for us but try here

Thanks to all to all those that joined the league.

It doesn't look that hard to be honest
not hard to pick a team Winnie the tricky thing is staying at the top of the league.

Good luck to all and to all supporters of Premier League Clubs, this is the only time of the season where everyone gets to be optimistic. :)

Yeah. Like that with most things that seem easy.. ;)

Well, here we go:

post-64232-075517100 1281753089_thumb.pn

A good looking side but Lampard may be out with an ankle injury.

In that case my sub Nolan will come in who will play the game of his life back in the Premier league and trash Man U. :)

Hmmm not quite sure about your front two - you'd be better off with three up front... why am I telling you this???

• Like 1

How come I'm not in last place. I haven't much knowledge of the players I selected, just tried to keep the value within the guidelines. If I make the right transfers week to week, who knows I could get to 25th or even 24th

How come I'm not in last place. I haven't much knowledge of the players I selected, just tried to keep the value within the guidelines. If I make the right transfers week to week, who knows I could get to 25th or even 24th

Early days Mogoso after all my wife is second and a TV moderator first :)

A long way to go yet.

Hmmm not quite sure about your front two - you'd be better off with three up front... why am I telling you this???

Yeah, I only found out later that you can change the formation from 4-4-2 to something else. :) Did that now.

Also played a wildcard to basically redo the whole team. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I only found out later that you can change the formation from 4-4-2 to something else. :) Did that now.

Your team selection is not THAT bad Winnie.

Defence is good, Lampard is always good for a lot of points as he regularly nets over 20 goals a season from midfield, and takes all Chelsea's penalties (and they seem to get a lot)!!

I think its your strikers that need changing, wildcard only gives you 2 transfers in one week , so just change them. :)

good luck

TP

Got to agree with TP on this Winnie it's very early to be using that wildcard. Although what do I know I have made 3 transfers this week costing me 8 points.

Congrats TP on your current position on the top of the pile.

Luck MB, pure luck....see where I am after this week :unsure:

Your team selection is not THAT bad Winnie.

Defence is good, Lampard is always good for a lot of points as he regularly nets over 20 goals a season from midfield, and takes all Chelsea's penalties (and they seem to get a lot)!!

I think its your strikers that need changing, wildcard only gives you 2 transfers in one week , so just change them. :)

Actually a wildcard allows you to change the whole team. :) Got rid of everything Everton. Here the revised lineup:

post-64232-045227900 1282281294_thumb.pn

Yaya Toure was incredibly cheap, given the potential. Rooney didn't quite turn up yet last week, but he pretty much has to play; even if he's not stratospheric he should still get points.

I have to say I like this game; for me it raises interest in some of the games that would otherwise be a massive yawn, say Wolves vs Birmingham or whatever: if you got players in that makes it interesting. And it makes it more interesting to follow the news on new signings, who might be playing, etc.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Rooney AND Drogba :ermm: ...and Hart in goal

well we'll watch you climb FAST !!

Thats a much better line up...although I would not let N'gog anywhere near my team.. just because his name is silly :lol:

Yaya ..thats a great name too.

"Yaya'....."yes" :D

Hm, and now I'm thinking I should have gone with my initial plan which featured a bunch of Newcastle players including Caroll. ;)

Oh well.

I thought that Caroll may do well so I put him in as my transfer , ditching Kevin Doyle.

Just wish I had not had Dunne in defence when he scored a hat-trick :unsure:

Edited by ThaiPauly