1234 Beofre Any No.

Shivek

I have a TOT home phone line and people say before dialling a mobile no. or phone no. dial 1234 before it and the bill wud come cheaper. Is that a fact? Thanks for help! :D

yes..indeed

Bambi :o

http://www.tot.co.th/en/product/fixedline/ytel.php

The Y-tel 1234, another alternative offered for service users, is a domestic long-distance telephone service which is offered at a rate of approximately 37% - 70% lower than what was originally charged. The Y-tel 1234 is one of the IP Telephony services in the IP network. Y-tel 1234, a Readily Accessible Service

Press 1 2 3 4 + long-distance code + the telephone number at the destination. Users of the TOT's basic telephone service, whether it be home phones, office phones, or public phones, will instantly be able to take advantage without having to install any extra equipment. No application for the extension service is required and no extra fee will be charged

Edited by BambinA

007 or 009 give you cheaper calls

those number u ment , it use for international phone ..when you call to aboard

(1234 use only in thai)

(google)

001 ... is the most expensive direct-dial service. It works from al phones and should be the highest quality connection. We do not ercommend ever using this service as it is unnecessarily expensive.

002 ... is a TOT service designed to call only to Malaysia. It has two rates; calling between 7am and 6pm costs 11 baht per minute and between 6pm and 7am costs only 7 baht. This service does not work from cellphones.

007 ... is a hugh quality connection which can be used on TOT and TT&T lines only. Call to the following countries for 9.63 baht per minute (including 7% tax). It works to the following countries:

China, Germany, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, UK

008 ... is a TOT-only service which offers a flat rate of 7.49 baht per minute (including 7% tax) to 30 destinations:

Alaska, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Columbia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Guam, Guyana, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Paraguay, Peru, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Singapore, Suriname, Taiwan, UK, Uraguay, USA, Venezuela.

009 ... This is a CAT service which can be used from every phone. This is also known as the efone service. Rates for popular countries are now only 6.49 baht.

Edited by BambinA

001 ... is the most expensive direct-dial service. It works from al phones and should be the highest quality connection. We do not ercommend ever using this service as it is unnecessarily expensive.

I do not consider 9 baht a minute to be unnecessarily expensive for a good connection to the USA myself. My last bill using 001 for 4.7 minutes; total with tax was 45.26 baht.

But why pay 9 baht/min if you can get it for 6.49 ?

I've used 008 to Oz and chat with my Mum for nearly an hour. The connection is better than I get with many local calls.

I can pay 450 baht with 008 or 540 baht without. Up2Me

007 or 009 give you cheaper calls

those number u ment , it use for international phone ..when you call to aboard

(1234 use only in thai)

(google)

002 ... is a TOT service designed to call only to Malaysia. It has two rates; calling between 7am and 6pm costs 11 baht per minute and between 6pm and 7am costs only 7 baht. This service does not work from cellphones.

007 ... is a hugh quality connection which can be used on TOT and TT&T lines only. Call to the following countries for 9.63 baht per minute (including 7% tax). It works to the following countries:

China, Germany, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, UK

008 ... is a TOT-only service which offers a flat rate of 7.49 baht per minute (including 7% tax) to 30 destinations:

Alaska, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Columbia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Guam, Guyana, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Paraguay, Peru, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Singapore, Suriname, Taiwan, UK, Uraguay, USA, Venezuela.

009 ... This is a CAT service which can be used from every phone. This is also known as the efone service. Rates for popular countries are now only 6.49 baht.

I received in the mail from TOT a flyer detailing the 007 and 008 facilities, along with differing call rates to virtually every country in the world using them.

I have to call Jamaica, right now using 007 and 008 I just get the international engaged tone every time I try. Has something changed here I have called JA before OK with 007/008.

Maybe the CAT 009 service will work???!!!

Calling the operator (by a Thai) only illicited the response 'maybe you should put a * in the nnumber!!!. No attempt by the operator to dial the number.