Amplifier Repair

bdevaux

Hi,

I brought 2 solid state amplifiers with me from the US and need to get new power supplies to operate at local voltage and current. (I'd rather not use transformers to convert.) One is a heavily-modded Adcom; the other is a digital amp from Denmark. Does anyone have any experience with any repair places where you have had work like this done?

Thanks, Bill

Most Class D amplifiers are autosensing the voltage and will usually accept 100-240V, please state the brand of the Danish Class D amp. Lyngdorf? - GamuT?

What model is the Adcom? - and what does the "heavy modded" include?

Hi Jack,

The digital amp is made by Acoustic Reality and is based on B&O' Ice Power. The Adcom was modded by Stan Warren (of P&S Audio) and involved simplifying the circuit and removing most/all the op amps. He thought the Adcom's had great "bones" and reponded well to modification. To tell the truth, I don't know exactly what all he did; I just know it sounds very smooth for an ss amp.

If you have an more questions, I'm happy to answer.

Bill

And it's the 5400 model

Edited by bdevaux

Sorry for hijacking this thread, didnt want to start another with the same title.

For the experts, would you trust the Amorn group of stores to repair an amplifier?

Pioneer amp, one channel inop, swapped speakers and leads over, so the inop speaker worked in the other channel, and the working speaker was inop in the rh channel.

Reason for asking, the Amorn store is closer than making a trek to the Pioneer dealer.