Are You Addicted?

Jockstar

I tend to post on another forum more, as I know the characters better there. And there's not so many retirees with young partners of dubious character on there, asking dumb questions like "Does she love me or is she after my money?"

Give me another 30 years and I'll probably feel right at home here.

I'm not quite a grandad myself yet..What forums are you talking about....not that ajarn <deleted> I hope. :o

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to post on another forum more, as I know the characters better there. And there's not so many retirees with young partners of dubious character on there, asking dumb questions like "Does she love me or is she after my money?"

I'm not quite a grandad myself yet..What forums are you talking about....not that ajarn <deleted> I hope. :D

Would anyone freely admit to posting there...? :o:D

totster :D

I'm not quite a grandad myself yet..What forums are you talking about....not that ajarn <deleted> I hope. :D

Would anyone freely admit to posting there...? :D:D

:o

Would anyone freely admit to posting there...? :o:D

Because we have a laugh and aren't up our own <deleted> like some members of some other forums I've seen.

Would anyone freely admit to posting there...? :D:D

Because we have a laugh and aren't up our own <deleted> like some members of some other forums I've seen.

:D:D

totster :o

I think that this is a serious question. :D

Many people are addicted to internet stuff.

I have been addicted to TV. Maybe once and addict, always an addict.

I think that if you are logging on to use this forum when you should be doing something else, then you may have problems.

here's my tv 12 step recovery program:-

on second thoughts, I have something far more important to do. :o

I have been and can think of FAR worse things to be addicted to.

Edited by Neeranam

I think that this is a serious question. :D

Many people are addicted to internet stuff.

I have been addicted to TV. Maybe once and addict, always an addict.

I think that if you are logging on to use this forum when you should be doing something else, then you may have problems.

here's my tv 12 step recovery program:-

on second thoughts, I have something far more important to do.  :o

I have been and can think of FAR worse things to be addicted to.

I've just spotted your new avatar. So this is just for you mate. :D:DGlasgow.jpg

I probably spend more time here than I ought....

I think it's good advice not to post when angry. Hence my absence over the past several days. :o

It's probably also not a good idea to post when drunk. However, since, according to Stick, all of us in Korat are alcoholics, that's a tough dicta to follow.

I started reading this forum a few years ago when I was pretty much just a tourist visiting LOS now and then. I joined up last year in May when I finally decided to retire here. I posted a lot after that trying to figure out how to deal with all the technical aspects of moving here permanently.

Once I arrived, my interest changed a bit. I'm now living in a house full of Thai's, only one of whom, my girlfriend, speaks any English at all. I rarely see any farang, so participating in Thai Visa substitutes for morning coffee with friends and lunch with colleagues.

A couple of things strike me about this forum. An awful lot of meanness and personal cruelty go down. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I find this to be offensive and wonder about the people who have nothing better to do than put down their fellow TVers.

I've never been the sort of person who feels part of a group very easily. And, TV is no exception. I always get the feeling that I'm part of the "out" crowd and that there is am exclusive core group of TV members who know each other well and who admit newbies only rarely and after great deliberation.

But, as I've mentioned before, I tend to think quite differently from most people and probably would never feel comfortable in any group. (Thanks to Martin for the warning about using the "different drummer" characterization.)

There, now I've opened myself up to all sorts of painful posts. Have at it.

I think it's good advice not to post when angry. Hence my absence over the past several days.  :o

It's probably also not a good idea to post when drunk. However, since, according to Stick, all of us in Korat are alcoholics, that's a tough dicta to follow.

I started reading this forum a few years ago when I was pretty much just a tourist visiting LOS now and then. I joined up last year in May when I finally decided to retire here. I posted a lot after that trying to figure out how to deal with all the technical aspects of moving here permanently.

Once I arrived, my interest changed a bit. I'm now living in a house full of Thai's, only one of whom, my girlfriend, speaks any English at all. I rarely see any farang, so participating in Thai Visa substitutes for morning coffee with friends and lunch with colleagues.

A couple of things strike me about this forum. An awful lot of meanness and personal cruelty go down. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I find this to be offensive and wonder about the people who have nothing better to do than put down their fellow TVers.

I've never been the sort of person who feels part of a group very easily. And, TV is no exception. I always get the feeling that I'm part of the "out" crowd and that there is am exclusive core group of TV members who know each other well and who admit newbies only rarely and after great deliberation.

But, as I've mentioned before, I tend to think quite differently from most people and probably would never feel comfortable in any group. (Thanks to Martin for the warning about using the "different drummer" characterization.)

Fair play mate. Finally an open and honest member. Good on ya. So just for you mate.

:D:D

mortbouncey.gif

Edited by Jockstar

I have been reading the forum for about 6 months pretty much everyday. Have yet to post but it has been a wealth of information on all sorts of topics. Some extremely pointless and some extremely helpful. I have been to Thailand many times and now in December I am heading to Udon to live permanently. Anyone who has made the move knows all the crap you have to think about. Reading other users ideas, ordeals and suggestions has hopefully pointed me in the right direction. Anyway as far as addicted.....hmm beer chang or Thaivisa forum.......hmmm ###### I guess I could be addicted to both so I choose drinking a beer chang while reading Thai Visa forum.

Egor

Are you sure what you are describing isn't just general banter...albeit a little harsh sometimes...?

I think it's good advice not to post when angry. Hence my absence over the past several days.  :o

If I was in Korat, you would be one of the first blokes that I would try and look up.:D

Stick is a w*nker...simple as that. :D

Are you sure what you are describing isn't just general banter...albeit a little harsh sometimes...?

And there are some on here who are a little too sensitive, and take every comment as a personal attack (no sense of "ha-ha").

I check the site out when the opportunity arises. I (usually) only post when I have something constructive to say.

I don't think I've ever (in 396 posts so far) posted just a "smiley" in response to someone else's post. In fact, I tend to get long-winded and wound-up about what ever topic is at hand, until I reach a certain point and just click "Add Reply", like right now....

And there are some on here who are a little too sensitive, and take every comment as a personal attack (no sense of "ha-ha").

I check the site out when the opportunity arises. I (usually) only post when I have something constructive to say.

I don't think I've ever (in 396 posts so far) posted just a "smiley" in response to someone else's post. In fact, I tend to get long-winded and wound-up about what ever topic is at hand, until I reach a certain point and just click "Add Reply", like right now....

I click smileys when I think something is funny...why not? :o

I click smileys when I think something is funny...why not? :o

:D

I click smileys when I think something is funny...why not? :D

I'd never do that. :o

I guess that's me. You weren't trying to be mean, where you?

Who, Me ? :o

(gosh darn it, I was just going to post a smiley, but then I got worried that people wouldn't think it was a very constructive reply, and, being a little sensitive, I think anyone who says anything is personally directed at me, and then I would get offended and start writing another long-winded rant for no good reason, kind of like now, until I finally just give up and click the Reply button, like now.... :D

I guess that's me. You weren't trying to be mean, where you?

Who, Me ? :o

(gosh darn it, I was just going to post a smiley, but then I got worried that people wouldn't think it was a very constructive reply, and, being a little sensitive, I think anyone who says anything is personally directed at me, and then I would get offended and start writing another long-winded rant for no good reason, kind of like now, until I finally just give up and click the Reply button, like now.... :D

See what I mean? Just plain mean and for no good reason than to be hurtful and entertain yourself. I hope you enjoyed it.

I'd never do that. :o

i confess i addict TV...this is the way to fix

Crash.gif

Edited by BambinA

See what I mean? Just plain mean and for no good reason than to be hurtful and entertain yourself. I hope you enjoyed it.

There, happy now ? :D

B.O.T. (Back On Topic):

No, I'm not addicted. I do not watch the forums every minute, waiting to reply to the latest reply. I don't log in to TV first thing, before checking my email, news from around the world and work related matters.

I don't open multiple windows on different forums, and scan from page to page to see if anything new has been posted (Thanks George and Huski for fixing that annoying "window popping/focus problem").

I don't come in to work on my 1 day off per week, just to check what new topics are posted, even though there's not a lot else to do here.

D@mn, did it again ! Started off with a smiley, ended up with a life story :D

I think there's a lot of people on TV like myself that don't live fulltime in LOS but wish they were and TV is a nice escape from the harsh reality back in Blighty or wherever they may be posting from.

, but is best to bear in mind that this is an anonimous forum & some people might not be what they claim :D  :o  :D

Spot on Boo, reminds me of Bangkok Chat, where 98% of the women are really farang men having a laugh, posing as women and taking the slash out of the chatters that try to impress them in Private Chat. :D

How would I know so much? :D:D

I think there's a lot of people on TV like myself that don't live fulltime in LOS but wish they were and TV is a nice escape from the harsh reality back in Blighty or wherever they may be posting from.

That's a good comment meom.... :o

Yeah almost time for R&R :D (no offense this time :D )