Many Sites Being Blocked Now!

bikerlou47

“ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก

กระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศและการสื่อสาร ได้มีคำสั่งให้ระงับการเผยแพร่เว็บไซด์ที่ท่านต้องการเข้าชม

เนื่องจากมีรูปภาพ ข้อความ และ เนื้อหาบางส่วนที่ไม่เหมาะสม สอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่

กระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศและการสื่อสาร โทร 0 2141 6950”

It would be useful to tell us:-

1. Your ISP
  2. Which sites you're having problems with.

Hmmm.... wonder if this why I cannot get to wikileaks.org??..Firefox gives me "DONE"..and blank window.The "help" on Firefox says it may be worm/virus but nothing found...I am on a DTAC MBC

i often get sites routed to the blocked message when i connect via a link, eg facebook but it is ok when I connect from my bookmarks. wikileaks is blocked totally though. for me anyway.

TTT and CAT this block comes from the Government not the ISP!

It would be useful to tell us:-

1. Your ISP
  2. Which sites you're having problems with.

Actually it's the message that comes from the government. Your ISP actually implements the block / redirect which is why some sites only get blocked be some ISPs.

We still don't know which sites have issues, so others can verify.

And now a little warning, PLEASE read the forum rules on the discussion of proxies, VPNs etc. etc.

Edited by Crossy

I have the same problem with facebook, I can play games sede my profile, but when I go to the general log in pace I get the following message

การเข้าถึงข้อมูลดังกล่าวนี้ ถูกระงับเป็นการชั่วคราว

โดยกระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารเสนเทศและการสื่อสาร

สอบถามข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ สำนักกำกับการใช้เทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศ กระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศและการสื่อสาร

เลขที่ 120 หมู่ 3 ชั้น 6 อาคารศูนย์ราชการเฉลิมพระเกียรติ 80 พรรษาฯ ถ.แจ้งวัฒนะ เขตหลักสี่ กรุงเทพ 10210

โทร. 02-141-6950

The Ministry of Information and Communication Technology has temporarily ceased the service to access such kind of information.

For further information, please contact Ministry of Information and Communication Technology.

120 Moo 3, floor 6, Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty the Kings 80th Birthday Changwattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 Tel. 02-141-6950

I have True internet.

have anybody an idea what this is all about

And this is news???

Thailand is notoriously known for blocking websites. Last I heard, there were over 50,000 sites ordered to be blocked by the MICT.

There once was a site that provided a list of blocked sites, but it is now blocked (http://facthai.wordpress.com/). The government wants to keep it a secret as to which sites are blocked. I see that WikiLeaks also has published an official list of blocked sites. Maybe that is why WikiLeaks is now blocked?

Recently I have noticed that some sites that were previously blocked are unblocked now.

It is the job of the government to filter out evil. Keep it up.

Since I'm not Thai, I don't have a right to complain, but I ask you: 'Who decides what evil is?'

A few months ago, I took great offense that Softpedia was blocked. I hardly call Softpedia evil. What the Government was trying to block was easily obtainable on many other sites that the Government didn't block (because of their ineptitude). Instead, reputable sites were blocked.

IMO Censorship and propaganda are just plain bad. It can promote evil rather than prevent evil. Especially in the hands of a Government with no transparency or checks and balances. To make informed decisions, you need to see the view from both sides of the coin. Use your brain and evaluate what is the truth, just don't blindly follow the blind.

Edited by BB1950