The Honda Fury

furyrider

I have been looking at some of the reviews for the Honda Fury VTI1300 and like what I here and also like the way they look. I have however gotten sticker shook as I have been looking at the price in Thailand (almost bt 700.000 for ABS) I was wondering if any members have purchased one yet or have taken one on a test run?

I was looking at the Kawasaki Falcon 900 custom until I started looking at the fury

Also they seem to be US 17.000 in the States are they higher here because they are imported?

post-87487-054468400 1281642925_thumb.jp

post-87487-082912200 1281642714_thumb.jp

post-87487-006984500 1281642755_thumb.jp

are they higher here because they are imported?

Yes.

I found one source that states import duty on motorcycles in the US is 2.4% above 700cc. Below 700cc it is 0. Judging by sticker prices, in Thailand it seems to be between 100% and 300%. I am not going to look up the official Thai regulations but a BMW S1000RR, for example, that is roughly 400,000 baht in the USA, is 1.1 million baht in Thailand. Cars it's the same. Hard to believe but there is a lot of other countries that are worse than Thailand.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

x-ray...interested to know WHERE you got the price for Thailand. As they do not sell BIG bike Honda's here yet

The Honda Fury is available at Redbaron, new with full paperwork. Honda supplies two versions, a basic model costing 668,000 Baht and a model equipped with ABS for 695,000 Baht.

x-ray...interested to know WHERE you got the price for Thailand. As they do not sell BIG bike Honda's here yet

The Honda Fury is available at Redbaron, new with full paperwork. Honda supplies two versions, a basic model costing 668,000 Baht and a model equipped with ABS for 695,000 Baht.

695k baht for top spec Fury is a very attractive price. Simple calculation based on usd 17k, should make it cost approx 1,4 mill baht here. However as I recall, its like 13k usd in the us, still making 695k baht a bargain

Speaking Honda, has anyone seen any prices for DN-01 in LOS?

I've seen em in the dealership where I get parts 'n' stuff, but haven't ridden one yet. They asked if I wanted to, but I took a rain cheque. Here there Au$23k plus. Lota $$$$'s for what it is!

[quote name=thaicbr' timestamp='1281707087' post=

I so far have been doing all my searching on line. I did make one mistake with the post. The Honda Fury is the US is $13.000 and $14.000. Right know I am stuck in Iraq and will not be back until Oct sometime so I have not been able to fiscally look yet but when I do get there I want to have a good Idea where and what I looking for before I head to Udon. Listed below is one sight that I have looked at with the BT prices.

ww.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/The-2010-Honda-Fury_Honda-is-Going-Wild

If this link doesn't work Just google Honda Fury Thailand and go that way.

Also I have been looking at Harley Davidson in Phuket and Pattaya that start at bt 550.000.

I am not sure about the new Honda fury yet but do like the way they look in the photos. But I do no Harley's and I was just trying to justify the price difference

[quote name=thaicbr' timestamp='1281707087' post=

I so far have been doing all my searching on line. I did make one mistake with the post. The Honda Fury is the US is $13.000 and $14.000. Right know I am stuck in Iraq and will not be back until Oct sometime so I have not been able to fiscally look yet but when I do get there I want to have a good Idea where and what I looking for before I head to Udon. Listed below is one sight that I have looked at with the BT prices.

ww.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/The-2010-Honda-Fury_Honda-is-Going-Wild

If this link doesn't work Just google Honda Fury Thailand and go that way.

Also I have been looking at Harley Davidson in Phuket and Pattaya that start at bt 550.000.

I am not sure about the new Honda fury yet but do like the way they look in the photos. But I do no Harley's and I was just trying to justify the price difference

I usd to have a VTX 1800, and I belive the Fury engine is the 1300 VTX engine/driveshaft. I like the Fury, so had a look at the prices today. MSRP is as you said 13-14k usd, but 2010 now sells at 10.500 usd.

Based on that LOS price at 699k baht is a bargain if all taxes and reg is included

personally at the moment until Honda get their act together i would buy the Kawasaki 900. Its cheaper, 100% legal green book, easier to fix (parts availability) and comes with 2 years manufacturers warranty. whereas the Fury would only have the 1 year Red Baron warranty. But then thats just me.

If you ever see a Fury in person, it is really a stunning bike. I saw a couple before I knew what they were or even Honda's (there are very little Honda badges). I thought they were a really expensive custom built bike. I am not anti-Harley, but if you parked a Fury next to a Harley, everyone would pay attention to the Fury.