Umbrella

WinnieTheKhwai

After coming home from Spicy Thursday morning at 4am or so I realized they gave me back someone elses umbrella. If anyone reading this got stuck with a 199 baht purple & silver Big C umbrella that night then I may have yours. It's a rather nice one actually, so you're probably a gentleman like me, and on ThaiVisa, not some random backpacker dude. Let me know.

• Like 2

OK, I've had maybe 20 umbrellas, even though I seldom use one. They tend to get taken away by wife and kids. Now, I'd like a really good umbrella just for me, till they find it of course. Where can I get a really good, big umbrella that will last AT LEAST one rainy season. Thanks.

Edited by lannarebirth

Winnie, you may want to return to Spicy's with the umbrella they gave you and see if they have yours (or one that you fancy). Hubby and I ran a retail nursery/greenhouse operation and discovered that our place was a magnet for all the lost umbrellas in the world. We always saved them, in case the owners returned. They rarely did, although sometimes people would recognize their umbrella from a visit months before. It was nice because we could offer our customers umbrellas to use while looking at the plants outdoors in the rain. We didn't have to buy an umbrella for years! Besides, you need an excuse to return to Spicy's so soon, don't you?

OK, I've had maybe 20 umbrellas, even though I seldom use one. They tend to get taken away by wife and kids. Now, I'd like a really good umbrella just for me, till they find it of course. Where can I get a really good, big umbrella that will last AT LEAST one rainy season. Thanks.

Golf shops usually sell good big ones that last years.

I am looking for a larger than normal umbrella....but not the big noodle vendor size.....something in the middle. Yeah, I thought about a golf umbrella, but from a golf shop, I'm sure the price would be paang muck muck. Have checked bigC and Makro and no have.

Spicy's toilets remodeled.....hopefully they did away with the massage guys who wanted to touch you while you were at the urinal.....too creapy!!!

I bought my umbrellas from the sports shop in Kad Suen Kaew. Two very nice golf umbrellas with fiberglass ribs and pole, and double wind skirts so they don't turn inside out in heavy storms! Much bigger than the average umbrella, two people can walk comfortably underneath them!

I bought my umbrellas from the sports shop in Kad Suen Kaew. Two very nice golf umbrellas with fiberglass ribs and pole, and double wind skirts so they don't turn inside out in heavy storms! Much bigger than the average umbrella, two people can walk comfortably underneath them!

Indeed, I paid about 700 baht for my Ping, 3 years old and still going strong.

I do only use it for golf though, if I took umbrellas on nights out I would go through about 5 a week I reckon.

A bit like overcoats last time I visited the UK, 1 week = 3 lost coats :whistling:

BTW, Spicy have incredible new washrooms. ( If they got an emergency exit as well then all the old charm would most definitely be thing of the past. )

I guess you were well pissed up and did not notice that the nice umbrella you were handed was not yours but it would keep you much drier than your cheap crappy one so even though it was clear it was not your crappy 199 baht one, you decided to take it anyway and then put a nice post up on ThaiVisa that you accidently got the wrong one.

Hmmm I'll beleive ya

BTW, Spicy have incredible new washrooms. ( If they got an emergency exit as well then all the old charm would most definitely be thing of the past. )

I guess you were well pissed up and did not notice that the nice umbrella you were handed was not yours but it would keep you much drier than your cheap crappy one so even though it was clear it was not your crappy 199 baht one, you decided to take it anyway and then put a nice post up on ThaiVisa that you accidently got the wrong one.

Hmmm I'll beleive ya

Right, let's assume I was completely sober tumbling out of Spicy at 4am in the morning. ;)

Not sure if you've ever done that, but I can tell you that at that point, 'Not falling into the moat' is an achievement. :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Hmmm I'll beleive ya

Right, let's assume I was completely sober tumbling out of Spicy at 4am in the morning. ;)

Not sure if you've ever done that, but I can tell you that at that point, 'Not falling into the moat' is an achievement. :)

Nope never come out of spicy that early :D still got another hour to go before heading over to Lucky Bar :D