Medical Insurance

kenny999

Been thinking about Medical Insurance since I first came to Thailand just over 1 yr ago but have still not done anything about it, has anyone got, who with, how much per month and what do you get for your money?

I use BUPA. Office is located in Phuket Town. Costs vary with age. I'm 60 years old and have the following coverage:

Hospitalization per day: 8k

Hospital expenses including surgery: 1,000k

Emergency Room: 10k

Personal Accident: 1,000k

Check up 500b

Total cost: 50,226 per year of which 10% is returned if no claims. This is the Platinum program. Doctor outpatient not covered. I believe all hospitals in Phuket are acceptable.

LMG Pacific's Mega Series, which comes in two cover levels, is quality, comprehensive coverage at an affordable price... It's the best package I've found in Thailand in terms of western expectations, and IMHO a better cover and value than BUPA's comparable plans.

With the LMG plans, you take IPD and can add optional OPD, as well as optional dental coverage as well. Their basic plan is no deductible, although they have an alternative with a very large annual deductible...but nothing in the middle range. And they do direct pay at virtually all of the farang-oriented hospitals around BKK, as well as many others upcountry.