Baggage Allowance And Regulations On Airasia

russianrobert

I'm travelling to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) next week. I've looked on AirAsia website for information but i can't understand a freaking thing.

What is the limit for check-in baggage? Do you have to pre pre-book it on line? Or is it just cheaper if you do?

What's the carry on baggage limit?

Cheers for any info.

Pre book your baggage online at least 2 days before the flight. You pay by weight, not by the number of cases. Anything over 30kg and you have to pay by the kg and it is expensive. It is WAY cheaper than just showing up at the airport and paying. If you know you are bringing check in bags, pay online first or if you wait until you get to the airport you will be back here complaining about what a crappy airline they are.

Carry on is 7kg, rarely enforced but why take a chance.

Check in luggage is usually 15kg. Pre booking it online is cheaper.

Carry on luggage usually they dont weigh. If they do, just transfer some to your backpack or hand carry it (ie plastic bag).

You see, this is what i don't understand. If 15kgs of check in baggage is included free with the ticket, why do i need to pre book online?

Can someone explain?

Cheers

Are you sure you are flying with AirAsia? There is no free check in bags included with the fare. The "usual" amount of baggage is whatever you want to pay for, 15, 20, 25, or 30kg. it is up to you. Usually if you have 15kg of bags then that is what you would pay for. If you have 30kg of bags then you should pay for that much. You can weigh your suitcase and then you will know how much to pay for.

Carry on is one bag, weighing 7kg or less. I suppose if it was overweight you could transfer it to the other bag you aren't allowed as carry on since you are only allowed one carry on bag. If you bring more than one carry one bag or if it weighs more than 7kg then maybe nothing will happen, or maybe they will weigh it and make you check it.

They are pretty lax about the carry on but why take a chance. This is not Thai Airways, its a budget airline, they make money on the extras.

I think either you are booked on another airline, or whoever booked your ticket already prepaid for 15 kg of baggage

There is no free checked in baggage on Air Asia

You have 5 choices.

1. No checked in baggage - obviously FREE.

2. check in up to 15kg - 200baht ex BKK or 20ringatt ex KUL

3. check in up to 20kg - 300baht or 30ringatt

4. check in up to 25kg - 400baht or 40ringatt

5. check in up to 30kg - 500baht or 50ringatt

Whatever weight u pick and pay for when booking, if it is over that weight when u check in at the airport they will charge you 165baht in BKK or 20ringatt in KUL for every kilogram u are over that weight.

Edited by knocka