Rawai Cable Tv

Scubadude

350/mo 4 english movie channels, Universal (usa), 5 sports channels, including golf chanel. bbc, bloomberg, channel news asia, aljazeera, fox news, TAN thai news (in english). Outdoor channel, Ariang (korean english channel) Australia network. 3 music channels incl. MTV. And all the usual thai channels. Good value.jap.gif

Old Croc,

I had Rawai cable for years...got tired of the constant changing and imho degrading the choices-especially movies. Switched to PSI satelite anyways its an option to consider...maybe not for everyone...Rawai cable is indeed a very good value, for what it is...but it does get old and so probably will my deal too LOL...

Edited by astral
Removed references to illegal card sharing

Surely some of the streaming is legal but I guess the satellite providers are not using legal means. However it sucks that the cable companies & True provide sub standard fare & don't really give a flying <deleted> about their subscribers or even remotely try to offer good alternatives which is why people look for other methods which we cannot discuss. I have the basic silver package with True plus KPP cable which combined cost 940 per month but the sport coverage, except for Australia Network, is pretty terrible.

Rawai Cable used to be affiliated with Phuket Cable but the marriage broke up some months ago. If you cannot get any joy from Rawai Cable just try Phuket or KPP as they seem to be all over the place.

Edited by astral
Removing quotes

I must say that Rawai Cable is terrible now. Movie channels with really rubbish American films with Thai subtitles, but voices are in Russian, Korean or other languages., and 30 or more minutes I Shopping. Forget about sport channels too, now have Astro in Malay and constant showing of old friendlies matches even as season has started in some European leagues. NO MORE F1, no coverage of European Football. If one has time to waste, contact them and complain, might as well talk to a wall.

Surely some of the streaming is legal but I guess the satellite providers are not using legal means.

Hes not talking about streaming video over the net.. Hes talking about using the net connection to 'crack' the encryption of UBC.

When you have a sat system, the broadcast stream is constantly querying the smartcard, to make sure its there and is valid.. In the system described you use a clever box (a mini linux computer basically) which catches the card data request.. Feeds that request over the internet to a server.. Which queries a legit card, and feeds the response back to the box over the net. Box then responds to the query with correct answer and the video feed is displayed.

This way 100's of users share one legit card.

I have the package described above included in my rental.

However, I would love to get a few channels like Animal Planet, Discovery, CI, National Geog. and Star channel.

Are these available on any local services?

The previous response to this question has been discredited because the method described was considered illegal.

Can someone confirm if it is possible to legally access these types of tv channels?

Thankyou.

The previous response to this question has been discredited because the method described was considered illegal.

Can someone confirm if it is possible to legally access these types of tv channels?

Thankyou.

Via True Visions.

However, I would love to get a few channels like Animal Planet, Discovery, CI, National Geog. and Star channel.

Thankyou.

I get all those channels, but it's expensive. True Visions platinum is required for Star World, I don't remember what package Discovery is on, but there are also Discovery Science, Discovery Travel & Living and Discovery Home & Health which are extra. Kpp Rawai has CI. KPP Rawai is the same price as Rawai Cable 350 Baht, not sure which is better even though I've had both. True Visions Platinum is 2,155 Baht and more for the extra channels I mentioned. I think another 150 Baht or so for their "A LA Carte" different packages. You can look them up online.

I get all those channels, but it's expensive. True Visions platinum is required for Star World, I don't remember what package Discovery is on, but there are also Discovery Science, Discovery Travel & Living and Discovery Home & Health which are extra. Kpp Rawai has CI. KPP Rawai is the same price as Rawai Cable 350 Baht, not sure which is better even though I've had both. True Visions Platinum is 2,155 Baht and more for the extra channels I mentioned. I think another 150 Baht or so for their "A LA Carte" different packages. You can look them up online.

Star World is available on the silver package at 590 per month but no History, Nat Geo or Discovery. I canceled platinum when they axed BBC E. On KPP cable I only generally watch Australia Network, BBC, Crime Investigation. They have an occasional good movie but picture & sound quality (lips not synced with the words) are pitiful. Cable went downhill big time once they lost the feed from DSTV.

Not sure if it is legal but basically all the channels one gets through True can be had by subscribing to Astro with an initial higher cost for equipment but they do have more HD channels.

Thankyou.

As simple as paying for it..

True (UBC) Star is on platinum..

If you wish to see the latest Entertainment TV shows, like 24 or LOST or those type shows or any show for that matter or movies , google this "watch (name of show) on-line free"

I'v e found much cheaper on-line deals , most free but time limits , their lifted by upgrade to Premium ie. megavideo.com is 10$ a month , with cheaper for longer subscriptions deals, I got 1 month liked it , got 3months next...many other sites link to their site as storage site for their shows ...like sidereel.com which offers many links : paid ones and free.....takes a bit of lookin' for the Best links but some are better then others...BTW, the internet service speeds do affect your viewing pleasure in Thailand , especially here in Phuket !

Patience , just takes seeking best links out, don't give up , when one may say removed for copyright blah blah blah ...try another link...it's not illegal to look at many shows like Dr.Who....I missed that after True dropped BBCE !

post-35854-033698700 1282457150_thumb.jp

post-35854-028146300 1282457231_thumb.gi

post-35854-090332000 1282457256_thumb.jp

Patience , just takes seeking best links out, don't give up , when one may say removed for copyright blah blah blah ...try another link...it's not illegal to look at many shows like Dr.Who....I missed that after True dropped BBCE !

But it clearly is !!

Edited by LivinginKata
Comment removed