Stickman

The_Moog

Had a Trink thread, so why not one about the new gun in town.

This guy is certainly a prolific writer. His output is voluminous and eminently readable.

...but he seems to be lapsing into that smug, comfy phase that all inevitably pass through here when hitched to someone decent.

He now says he is moving anti-nightlife (check Big Chili magazine and his website for more background on his epiphany). His website now contains an interview with his Mother-In-Law and regular 2 cents worth from his wife.

He appears to feel that the nightlife scene is laden with ominous implications and ultimate unfulfillment....

...I think 99% of us already knew that, that's why we just go to see the nakidity and to drink beer.

...possibly the hard-luck lovelorn cases in his mailbox are making him think they are in the majority.

Is he moving towards a run-of-the-mill 'mail order bride' service. If so, its a shame, as his reporting of nightlife developments remains accurate, and unmatched.

MOOG

Myself rarely end up reading his posts. However, I do recommend to the occassional visitor to check up on reader's submissions if I feel they are getting a bit too much in 'love' with a BG.

Of course the answer is always 'Mine is different'.

in my opinion,the best writer on the bangkok scene is philip williams, aka bangkok phil or bangkok mouth. puts both stickman and trink where they belong (the inner pages of the bang saen bugle).stickman is not a bad writer,but he has become too predictable and seems to be a modern day trink.

informative,witty and with good links.

mosey on over, you'll be glad you did.

These days I find Trink a bit dull, it's as if his columns are perfunctory, although his movie reviews and book reviews in the Bangkok Post are good.

Stickman, comes across as smug, I always get the feeling, pride before a fall with him, better to remain humble in the L.O.S. bad things can/will happen to us all!! :o