Need Help With Dreambox 500S

WimVerkuijlen

I wanted to see Truevision programs. Someone came and installed a dish and a receiver (Hitech TM 3q). Result: I could see these programs.

I wanted to see BVN since I am from the netherlands, sdomeone came and installed a disch and a receiver (PSI). Result: I could see this program and more.

I wanted to see all these programs via a remote but nobody could do this. A lot of changing cables, putting in amplifiers and splitters, result: broken stuff because of shorts, etc.

So, I looked into it myself and I ended up with the following configuration:

Sat A for Thaicom 5/2 Ku, Sat B for Thaicom 5/2 C, committed 2/1 DiseqC 2.0, Dreambox 500S with latest software version. Dreambox programmed for 2 satelites, AA Thaicom 5/2 E Ku, AB Thaicom 5/2 E C.

Result: When doing the automaitic transponderscan the system does not lock. Message to check cables, etc.

I tried everything but it does not work! When I disconnect the cable from the Dreambox and connect it ot the TM3Q I get the programs and , when I connect to the PSI box I get the programs and signal.

Oh, one little detail. Although both satellites should look at the Thaicom sat, (since I believe Truevision and PSI are on that satelite) I am quite convinced they are looking in different directions?? I live in Hua Hin

Anyone some ideas?? I would appreciate

First, are you sure it's an original Dreambox? Many fakes are around and they are impossible to setup with Thai satellite channels; I tried many times and failed.

If it is an original, check in this forum, this topic has been dealt with before. The setup is a bit tricky, because you have to setup the LNB.

I just succeeded setting up a new Dreambox 8000 HD and it works fine now.

The reason the satellites seem to look in a different direction is because the small Ku band dishes are off-set, i.e. you'll see the receiver head is not on the center of the dish, as a result it looks more straight up then the elevation the dish seems to be aimed at.

Have you tried to get transponder lock with just C-band dish plugged into the dreambox?

There are a couple of setting to have right. The voltage sent to the LNB (it might be Ku/C-band LNB), whether or not to send a 22kHz tone (same reason).

Then you have to make sure all the transponder frequencies are in etc.

Additionally, for Truevisions (with smartcrad) you have to have the proper settings/software in your dreambox to enable it to read the smart card...

Don't you need a True Receiver unless you have some pirate system.

Looks like he has one, but wants to consolidate two satellites in one receiver, which is possible with a dreambox.

As far as i know, The TrueVisions smartcards can be used with any irdeto2 capable receiver.

Looks like he has one, but wants to consolidate two satellites in one receiver, which is possible with a dreambox.

As far as i know, The TrueVisions smartcards can be used with any irdeto2 capable receiver.

Sound like the LNB settings are all wrong.

Truevisions should be 11300, 11300 & 12000

000847_lnbsin.jpg

Thaicom C Band should be 05150, 051050 & 03200

000847_lnb.jpg

• Like 1

Dear All,

yes I tried with the C-band only, did not work.

Thanks for the information regarding the different directions of the dishes, makes sense, big help.

I will try the LNB settings asgiven above.

If this does not work, I consider buying the latest version of Dreambox 500 S here in Thailand. In this case, any suggestion where to buye reliably?

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions

Dear All,

yes I tried with the C-band only, did not work.

Thanks for the information regarding the different directions of the dishes, makes sense, big help.

I will try the LNB settings asgiven above.

If this does not work, I consider buying the latest version of Dreambox 500 S here in Thailand. In this case, any suggestion where to buye reliably?

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions

Just a small suggestion. My experience is the DM500S can sometimes be a bit finicky with C-band transponder polarities. You might try the opposite polarity from that listed on Lyngsat to see if it will lock on.

Many thanks Senior Member

The C-band transponder was set at: 3409/444/V

The Ku-bandtransponder was set at: 1255/3500/V

I have applied your settings and everything is (almost) working fine. Signal from both satellites get locked, I can scan the satellites and receive many programs and services. Excellent advice. My question is: could I have found these settings in the Thaicom sites? I have been looking for them but cannot find these.

The problem I have now is that I can see all the FTA channels on the Ku-band but I cannot see the Truevision channels which are not free to air. I get a black or a vertical multi color stripe screen.

I have checked the CAM software, the system is reading the card, reports the correct cardnumber and says it is ok.

The receiver I brought from the Netherlands and it is not a clone. Software is: Open-PLI software 5 aug 2010 and CCcam 2.14.

To make certain the card was not ok, I tried again the original box with the card and I could receive all gold card channels.

The receiver I brought from the Netherlands and it is not a clone. Software is: Open-PLI software 5 aug 2010 and CCcam 2.14.

To make certain the card was not ok, I tried again the original box with the card and I could receive all gold card channels.

add this to your /var/etc/CCcam.cfg

###############################################

CAMKEY: /dev/sci0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

CAMDATA: /dev/sci0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

TRY ALL CHIDS : /dev/sci0

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000

INFO LISTEN PORT : 16000

HTML INFO LISTEN PORT : 16001

ZAP OSD TIME : 0

OSD USERNAME : root

OSD PASSWORD : dreambox

SHOW TIMING : yes

DEBUG : no

NEWCAMD CONF : no

DISABLE EMM : no

####################################################

FYI: I am also part of the Pli team.

###############################################

CAMKEY: /dev/sci0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

CAMDATA: /dev/sci0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

TRY ALL CHIDS : /dev/sci0

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000

INFO LISTEN PORT : 16000

HTML INFO LISTEN PORT : 16001

ZAP OSD TIME : 0

OSD USERNAME : root

OSD PASSWORD : dreambox

SHOW TIMING : yes

DEBUG : no

NEWCAMD CONF : no

DISABLE EMM : no

####################################################

FYI: I am also part of the Pli team.

Yes, I noticed this when searching the forum to find an answer to my problem first. I am impressed with what this team has been doing and still is. Chappeau!

I definitely will try the above once I get the ethernet connection to the box working, seems to be broken down.

In that case I will buy a new one here but it seems that mpeg2 is getting an older standard which the 500s supports only. I will be looking for a box supporting HD and mpeg4, any suggestions? I am a little concerned about getting a clone too easyli around here.