Thai Police Arrest African For Possessing Cocaine Worth Bt3mil

webfact

DRUGS SMUGGLING

A Guinean man arrested for possessing drugs

By The Nation

gallery_327_1086_10176.jpg

Police on Monday arrested a man from Guinea for having in possession 850 grams of cocaine worth about Bt3 million during a raid at a house in Soi Ramkhamhaeng 81/4.

Following a tip-off that an African man was selling drugs to other African tourists in the area, police apprehended Mamadouba Camara, 43, who had entered Thailand from Hong Kong on August 10, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lt Gen Santhan Chayanont told a press conference.

The suspect reportedly confessed he smuggled the drugs by swallowing a package of drug into his stomach and later taking laxative to retrieve the drug.

The drugs would be sold at Bt3,000 per gram in the market. Police will hunt for more such drugs mules and dealers who sold the drugs in in Nana, Lumpini and Sukhumvit areas, said Santhan.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-08-16

Following a tip-off that an African man was selling drugs to other African tourists in the area,

=Soi Ramkhamhaeng 81/4.=

I heard the beach is quiet in that area.

I wonder if the reporter actually did believe his own story.

Should have rightly read as- police busted a house and arrested a man that sold drugs to street peddlers or users.

Police will hunt for more such drugs mules and dealers

::

zero efforts to catch cocaine users . Immunity ?

That's a million dollar question.

If there're no drug users, there won't be drug mules and dealers.

Police will hunt for more such drugs mules and dealers

::

zero efforts to catch cocaine users . Immunity ?

And if they went after the secondary user you'd be saying the suppliers had immunity, surely it's common sense to target the suppliers bringing the stuff into the country.

intercept the drugs, poison them, put them back in the "supply chain" and see how fast the problem ends.

What a absolutely pathetic and vindictive statement.

I think the penalty for drug use is deterrent enough, if people so chose to continue, be it at there own peril, im sure when caught they wont think about using again.

intercept the drugs, poison them, put them back in the "supply chain" and see how fast the problem ends.

Silly boy. These drugs are not manufactured in labs where quality is a priority. The end products usually have heavy metals, poisons and contaminants that destroy vital organs and start the cancer clock ticking faster. Rest assured, that users will often die gruesome painful deaths. Unfortunately, society churns out druggies much like one gets diarhea after a night at an all you can eat buffet in Lahore.

Silly boy. These drugs are not manufactured in labs where quality is a priority. The end products usually have heavy metals, poisons and contaminants that destroy vital organs and start the cancer clock ticking faster. Rest assured, that users will often die gruesome painful deaths. Unfortunately, society churns out druggies much like one gets diarhea after a night at an all you can eat buffet in Lahore.

just for fun, substitute the word liquor for cocaine, and apply it to the missives above. After all, drinking putrid sugars (alcohol) causes 5,000 times more suffering than ingesting cocaine - worldwide.

I did cocaine recreationally, 40 years ago, and I don't have any of the spooky physiological ailments geriatrickid articulates above. I'm in rather good health at 58, climbing 100 meter straight up rock faces with no aid, and bicycling for hours without getting winded. In contrast, if I'd been drinking fermented barley for the past years, my skin would be puffed up and my innards all screwed up, like the alcohol sucking guys I see all around town every day.

I say legalize everything, including psychedelic toad skin and belladonna. Saturate schools with education and let people make stupid mistakes, as they're going to do regardless. Walking on sidewalks with gaping 2 meter deep holes isn't illegal, but people do it anyway. Two main problems with letting people make their own stupid decisions is A. it can harm others (like drunk drivers killing/maiming others) and (B) it runs up insurance rates for all the rest of us (like drunks, with their idiotic behavior).

In contrast, coke heads rarely kill people on the highway and, as far as I know, they don't run insurance rates up for everyone else. Do they? Most coke users I've known just like to play music and party. Shall we outlaw those things also?