Dance Number By Thai Tourist Police Is Mega Hit On YouTube

webfact

YOUTUBE'S MEGAHIT

Dance number by Tourist Police is major hit on YouTube

By Ekkapong Raditpong mega-hit

The Nation

CHIANG MAI: -- A Tourist Police troupe dancing to the Korean pop song "Sorry Sorry" by the Super Junior boy band has become a mega-hit on YouTube.

More than 140,000 Internet users have viewed the video on YouTube and the number is rising. Many of them even called the 1155 Tourist Police hotline to compliment the men on their creativity.

Dropping their police uniforms, badges and guns to the side, nine officers of the 4th Tourist Police Subdivision performed the amateur music video, which also features scenes of their office and official duties.

Pol Lt-Colonel Thanakorn Dolthanakan, deputy chief of the subdivision, said the video was warmly welcomed by the public and tourists, getting thousands of clicks on YouTube and many phone calls via 1155.

Thanking the media and the public for their attention to the activity, Thanakorn said Maj-General Adis Ngamjitsuksri, commander of the Tourist Police Division, had suggested subdivisions make fun music videos to show at a seminar in Rayong.

The 4th Subdivision responded eagerly. The dance moves were taught to them by the daughter of female colleague Senior Sgt-Major Warangkhana Phaengsuwan, whose name was Krittiya Brown, just two hours before the shooting. The nine police officers starring in the routine were Thanakhorn, Lt-Colonel Yutthasit Boonkhlam, Major Phakphum Dechareungsil, Lt-Colonel Sukrit Malkhlasawat, Lt-Colonel Peerapat Boonphut, Lt-Colonel Chatmongkol Wasin-amorn, Captain Patthongthiew Damapong, Captain Amorn Sopa and Captain Mongchai Malipoung.

At the seminar, the 5th Subdivision, overseeing the South, presented an amateur music video to this year's World Cup song "Waka Waka", while the 3rd Subdivision, overseeing the Northeast, showed off their steps to the Thai song "Luk Thevada" (Angel's Son).

Not to be outdone, the 6th Subdivision, based at Suvarnabhumi Airport, screened the video "Phukong Chaosaneh" (A Charming Police Captain).

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-08-17

• Like 1

Next Thai talent program - Academy Policia.

Foreigners are flying out of Condo's in Pattaya at an alarming rate, the dancing start in brown call them suicidal due to congenetic medical condition.

Drugs, and all other crime rampant, dancing starts think nothing is wrong.

Corruption is at an all time high, dancing stars in brown are making new suits and going..."what corruption?"

So rather than performing their police duties, they waste their time doing this nonsense. (Throws hands and the air and sighs)

Are people here so entranced in negativity that they can't escape no matter what

This is excellent PR and lighthearted, is it so difficult to see the good of things...............makes me wonder if we have people on this forum that just sit hour after hour day after day and post the same negative crap about the country they chose to be guests in over and over, sort of reminds me of the polar bear footage I saw once where it was standing in it's cage just swinging it's body back and forth obviously not happy about where it was but didn't know how to get out of it.

All nice fun, but they actually appear to have spent some money to produce this.

Glad (or not so glad if you get my drift) to see that the police departments are so flush with cash.

Don't many companies spend money on staff morale?

All of this could have been done on there own time with their own equipment (their own clothes, a basic video camera, basic video editing software). There is nothing there that speaks of volumes of cash spent.

So if anyone has ever wondered what the police in Thailand is really for, now you got one of the answers, enjoy the show :D Personally i would be much happier if someone would drawn a law that states we could do justice by ourselfs (as the police pratically do not exist, other then to enjoy theirselfs or conduct criminal activities), being this Thailand and being the police thais, why should they behave any different from the general local attitude to "work"? = if it's not sanook, just don't do it ....and please give us more and more of these shows, i can't stay without them, don't waste your time under the sun stopping all those drivers for a miserable 200 bahts, guys your future is in the show business, you can be the next Tata Young, don't get yourself bored with all those sad looking business people giving you a bit of cash every month, the show must go on :clap2:

So rather than performing their police duties, they waste their time doing this nonsense. (Throws hands and the air and sighs)

Are people here so entranced in negativity that they can't escape no matter what

This is excellent PR and lighthearted, is it so difficult to see the good of things...............makes me wonder if we have people on this forum that just sit hour after hour day after day and post the same negative crap about the country they chose to be guests in over and over, sort of reminds me of the polar bear footage I saw once where it was standing in it's cage just swinging it's body back and forth obviously not happy about where it was but didn't know how to get out of it.

:clap2:

Oh for goodness sake! Cant you see this for what it is?

It is excellent PR!

I am a farang, due to visit Thailand in September. After all of the troubles in Thailand of late, it is reassuring to see the police being lighthearted - and HUMAN! They are tourist police, and the recent trouble must have hit Thailand pretty hard. It is good to see things are brightening up.

It is heartwarming for me to see.

if the w.i. can get their tits out for the boys in the uk surely its ok to have dancing coppers! dont be so negative its a great bit of p.r.

Straight as a dogs hind leg.. :whistling:

This is fabulous.

Brighten up an otherwise dull day.

This one quite old, but very good. If you look closely, its all the same person.

As for the Tourist Police vid. Love it. Good on them!

Next Thai talent program - Academy Policia.

Foreigners are flying out of Condo's in Pattaya at an alarming rate, the dancing start in brown call them suicidal due to congenetic medical condition.

Drugs, and all other crime rampant, dancing starts think nothing is wrong.

Corruption is at an all time high, dancing stars in brown are making new suits and going..."what corruption?"

So are you trying to tell me that Pattaya is not a place where people travel half way around the world to get to so that they can off themselves?

You know like an elephant grave yard where you go to die. It would seem that way considering the professional and determined local police

efforts can find no fault in this trend. Hmm must be the hip place to end it when things don't work out in the west. ermm.gif

Love it, made me smile :D

specially when his mates in the chairs join in :lol:

My 2 year old daugher likes the video of me I posted on youtube we like to get donw and boogy :D they can come talk to me when they hit 15 million viewers:lol:

not me really but my daughter does find it very funny

Edited by FarangCravings

• 2 months later...

Will somebody please supply these underemployed guardians of the law with script for a pantomime to be performed at Christmas. Pouf in Boots might be appropriate. That might be a much needed tourist attraction.

Next time you want to make a fool of yourself Somjai, make with a gaudy frock and big hair and do the military twostep. 

P.S.  Leave the dancing comedy to Monty Python. They were much better at it.