"Green Resorts"

:angry: It's all the rage now to promote your resort / hotel as " Green ".and in yesterdays newspaper we cannot mention, on page 3 of the Business section was an article on how this resort centre of Chaweng Noi is working for the environment. Yet down front on their beach they have a one metre pipe spilling raw sewerage on the beach to drain into the sea ! Edited by crusty
  • Like 1

The only green that would help me decide on staying somewhere is them having some nice grass. No not that type of grass either :rolleyes:

The rest is just a big con job.

People will look back at this period in the future and wonder just how so many people could be so stupid ? :blink:

Now crusty is on the case though they will have to change their policy ;)

The only green that would help me decide on staying somewhere is them having some nice grass. No not that type of grass either :rolleyes:

The rest is just a big con job.

People will look back at this period in the future and wonder just how so many people could be so stupid ? :blink:

Now crusty is on the case though they will have to change their policy ;)

Wonder what exactly is their carbon footprint? Would be fun to go into the reception and ask!!!! It's all trendy <deleted> here now, "green" resorts, wellness spas (<deleted>), organic colonic irrigation and detox (you pay us a lot of money and we don't feed you) DOH!!!

Far from attracting my custom I actively avoid any thing or business that incorporates " Eco, Green, Carbon neutral, carbon offsetting or renewable resources. I am all for stopping pollution and am against litter but am no idiot to to be taken for a big, expensive ride. Happily Thailand hasn't yet bought totally into the Carbon con just yet. ;)

Hopefully it never will :D

Far from attracting my custom I actively avoid any thing or business that incorporates " Eco, Green, Carbon neutral, carbon offsetting or renewable resources. I am all for stopping pollution and am against litter but am no idiot to to be taken for a big, expensive ride. Happily Thailand hasn't yet bought totally into the Carbon con just yet. ;)

Hopefully it never will :D

Totally agree and you can bet these Greenies are the same disallusioned sheep who held hands around the island last month. Don't let facts get in the way, just let me operate my resort with swimming pool and 50 splash pools and king size baths ! :annoyed:

Edited by crusty

I'm with you Crusty. Why don't we start the ANTI green movement here on Samui ? These tree huggers will not be happy till we are all living back in the dark ages. I say start the revolt now! :angry:

Carbon is a capitalists best friend after all :D

CO2 is suposed to be BAD yet when my friend was growing a certain crop back in the UK when he installed a CO2 delivery system his plants grew 10 times quicker and his crop yeild was up 400% GO FIGURE :blink:

Also why is it that the fields surrounding the M25 in London has some of the most prolific flowers and butterflys in the whole of the UK. YEP you guessed it all thanks to plenty of the good old CO2. After all it is what plants breathe. They breathe in CO2 and produce O2. The more CO2 the more O2. This is the bit of science the Eco disciples have trouble comprehending :D

Crusty for PM!!!!!!!

I'm with you Crusty. Why don't we start the ANTI green movement here on Samui ? These tree huggers will not be happy till we are all living back in the dark ages. I say start the revolt now! :angry:

CO2 is suposed to be BAD yet when my friend was growing a certain crop back in the UK when he installed a CO2 delivery system his plants grew 10 times quicker and his crop yeild was up 400% GO FIGURE :blink:

Also why is it that the fields surrounding the M25 in London has some of the most prolific flowers and butterflys in the whole of the UK. YEP you guessed it all thanks to plenty of the good old CO2. After all it is what plants breathe. They breathe in CO2 and produce O2. The more CO2 the more O2. This is the bit of science the Eco disciples have trouble comprehending :D

Crusty for PM!!!!!!!

:) That's it Dunc, you get to join Carmine and Screaming Eagle in Crusty's cabinet ! As Environment Minister you are required to camp two nights next to the sewerage pipe from FH Resort and then two nights on a beach bed on the reef out front of Sarann Resort

so as to witness the totured cries of the polyps on the dying reef. Welcome aboard.

Sure this resort "piping raw sewerage" into the sea?

And then hey, guys, come on bit more optimistic and considerate, one has to start somewhere.

The A/C system in our Hotel produces the hot water as a byproduct...paper, plastic and cans are collected,

no toiletries are supplied, only shower/shampoo gel from a dispenser, a 200m³ rain water collection cistern,

only energy saving light bulbs and "environmentally friendly" cleaners are in use.

But then isn't "green Hotel/Resort" an oxymoron in itself?

Crusty for PM!!!!!!!

"CO2 delivery system his plants grew 10 times quicker and his crop yeild was up 400% GO FIGURE :blink:

Too true H2o, If you look back in history you will find that in the days of the Dinosaur the Worlds CO2 was a lot higher than now, that is why everything was so big back then.

So I'm not sure what all these anti CO2 morons are on about? (I guess they listened to that Dipsh*t AL GORE who made so much money scamming the World with his apocalyptic views). :angry:

And then hey, guys, come on bit more optimistic and considerate, one has to start somewhere.

The A/C system in our Hotel produces the hot water as a byproduct...paper, plastic and cans are collected,

no toiletries are supplied, only shower/shampoo gel from a dispenser, a 200m³ rain water collection cistern,

only energy saving light bulbs and "environmentally friendly" cleaners are in use.

I suggest you all take a stroll along Chaweng Noi beach and see for yourselves. Look for the thick patch of weeds extending down the sand and you will see the pond of grey fluid that provide the bacteria on which the weed thrives. I have a pic here but can't seem to post it for some reason. Seven Hills for Chief Whip !

Well here's another. In that newspaper's Business section today, there was an article announcing the Fuji group opening a 85 room three star hotel on Chaweng beach. For a start it is not on the beach but up a side soi in South Chaweng that has no footpath, no drainage and no car parking and maybe they think three stars are for the hotels sewerage tanks that are sited right adjacent to the Chaweng Klong. The Samui Greenies were notified while the sewerage tanks were under construction but sadly they were not in the bit interested ! :angry:

Anyone wearing a green T shirt will be shot! Crusty for PM!!!!!!

I don't give a stuff about green issues....I would like cheap swim up pool bars for all.We could even have some floating ones in the sea at \Chaweng.....!

More barbecues as well....not nearly enough of these....especially free ones!

Lots more ideas......just wait till ya try canvassing.....B)

I suggest you all take a stroll along Chaweng Noi beach and see for yourselves. Look for the thick patch of weeds extending down the sand and you will see the pond of grey fluid that provide the bacteria on which the weed thrives. I have a pic here but can't seem to post it for some reason. Seven Hills for Chief Whip !

I'm in.

All these so called "Greenies" are just a bunch of hypocrites. (A bit like the Australian GREENS party, a bunch of wanke_rs). :rolleyes:

This was posted in another part of TV...

:lol: Well done koheesti ! , required viewing for Samui's Green Loonies. Now, if only we could get screaming eagle to collect petitions banning rain !

I'm on it. Printing up the petition forms now!

Make no mistake. Rain is bad for tourism ! :realangry:

I'm sorry but for someone who gets wet for a living I have to disagree. I like the rain. Plus when it rains it means I do not have to order trucks of water for the house :D

Does that mean I am barred from being minister for the environment now :(

I'm sorry but for someone who gets wet for a living I have to disagree. I like the rain. Plus when it rains it means I do not have to order trucks of water for the house :D

No probs with rain on the West of the island.....minimal effect on tourism. In fact it'll help concentrate 'em in one area....good idea Dunc. :thumbsup:

No no no ! One of my first duties as Mayor, will be to send you to Yemen for six months to get used to it. :)