Govt. To Fund More Rubber Planting

scotbeve

To all of you folks out there that plant rubber whether it is 10 rai or 1000 rai. The govt has announced that they want to fund with soft loans to farmers, 800,000 rai of rubber farms. This is once again, a concern to us as the price could (notice, I said could)drop dramatically.

See TV news post:

Post #8 on this link

And please note the 6th sentence.... :rolleyes::annoyed::whistling:<_< Maybe Supachai is a shaman or wizard of sorts.... :bah::blink:

Edited by scotbeve

The price of rubber is excellent at the moment, my neighbour has 12 rai and is making 3,000 baht a day. I wish we could convert 10 of our 14 rai to rubber but the missus says it's too low lying and the soil is too clayish.

There's no reason to expect the demand from China and India to decrease substantially.

The price of rubber is excellent at the moment, my neighbour has 12 rai and is making 3,000 baht a day. I wish we could convert 10 of our 14 rai to rubber but the missus says it's too low lying and the soil is too clayish.

There's no reason to expect the demand from China and India to decrease substantially.

Correct bannork, the price is real good right now... But with another 800.000 rai of rubber trees about? I suspect there will be a drop of price across the board.

Guys,

Think futures, think TOYOTA. IMHO the current push is to support BOI objectives and corporate TMC plans to export passenger vehicles. Now China is huge but India awaits. Yes, there is a risk. As is always said here, up to you. Get your volume up to individual or group significance and enjoy the boom is my advice.

So what do I know? Well I first arrived here as the Australian SEA Regional Automotive Trade Commissioner some 11 years ago and still have a few friends in the industry. There is some serious investment at stake here.

IA

Ok, what did i post about 2 months ago? that a goverment fella is going round the Issan provinces buying up land parcels of 2000rai, of nor sor sam land, 100k a rai with producing or 6 year old trees, or barren land NSS, at 70k a rai, apparantly, he is still in Nong Khia province now,

The goverment wants to control rubber prices, and take a big slice for themselves!!

Ok, what did i post about 2 months ago? that a goverment fella is going round the Issan provinces buying up land parcels of 2000rai, of nor sor sam land, 100k a rai with producing or 6 year old trees, or barren land NSS, at 70k a rai, apparantly, he is still in Nong Khia province now,

The goverment wants to control rubber prices, and take a big slice for themselves!!

Ahhhh!!! This sounds like the govt. we all know and "love"!!!! :annoyed::whistling::rolleyes:

Edited by scotbeve

Thailand had 10 million Rai of rubber in 1980. rising to 12.5 million Rai in 2002. So it's an extra 6.5% (+/-) coming on stream, in Thailand, in 6 years. Unless other countries are following suit, I can't see it having too much effect on world prices.

The Thai Government may actually regret not doing more with China and India starting to motorize.(?) :rolleyes:

The caveat would be the collapse of the Western economies.....my cue to run in and pick up cheap rubber land. :)

Regards.

Edit: Kidding, right?

Edited by teletiger

Is there a correlation between the price of oil and rubber?

Regards.

Yes... Oil price up / rubber price up - simple. I work in the O & G industry.... Watch the alternative energy stuff....

Vested interest,, employment, votes, government. What makes the world go around? Sorry but more than 20 years in the auto industry teaches me that ideals are different from reality.

One wonders whether TPTB globally have thought this through with any sense of planning. At the moment farmers in New Zealand are changing over from cattle and sheep to growing trees, to take advantage of all the carbon credit schemes available. Yet global food shortages are being predicted.

Did I really write that first sentence? <_<

Regards.

One wonders whether TPTB globally have thought this through with any sense of planning. At the moment farmers in New Zealand are changing over from cattle and sheep to growing trees, to take advantage of all the carbon credit schemes available. Yet global food shortages are being predicted.

Did I really write that first sentence? <_<

Regards.

:rolleyes::blink::lol: Yes, you did indeed write that first sentence.... :ermm:

What were those 800,000 rais growing that they won't be growing in 6 years?

Perhaps that would be the best thing to be growing? Extra rubber means less.....?

...Cassava I believe. And if the TV last week was correct that price has gone up lately too.