Issan Cha Cha Cha?

thai3

Where is this place in bkk? not interested in going to the bangkok mates meet there but the name sounds like it might be an interesting venue-peter

I think it's in soi Saladaeng 1 near Rama 4 (or facing Rama 4, next to U-chuliang Bldg.) opposite Lumpini Park.

Where is this place in bkk? not interested in going to the bangkok mates meet there but the name sounds like it might be an interesting venue-peter

I think it's in soi Saladaeng 1 near Rama 4 (or facing Rama 4, next to U-chuliang Bldg.) opposite Lumpini Park.

Gaeng mak Khun Nordlys :o

http://www.isarnchachacha.com/

Bambi

Gaeng mak Khun Nordlys :o

http://www.isarnchachacha.com/

Bambi

Used to be called The Front Page when the Post and few other rags had their offices in Saladaeng. Then they had a nice soft rock band playing there.:D

Peter, Tawandang is (in my humble opinion) just about the best all round night out in Bangkok. They've got arguably decent Isaan food as well as some good german type grub n grog.

The stage shows are usually top notch and when they sing those Isaan songs, there's not a dry eye in the place :D Of course there's other music and themes as well, all well orchestrated and all the entertainers are very talented.

Not exactly an intimate night out but highly recommened :o

Tawandang Brew Pub

Peter, Tawandang is (in my humble opinion) just about the best all round night out in Bangkok. They've got arguably decent Isaan food as well as some good german type grub n grog.

The stage shows are usually top notch and when they sing those Isaan songs, there's not a dry eye in the place :D  Of course there's other music and themes as well, all well orchestrated and all the entertainers are very talented.

Not exactly an intimate night out but highly recommened :o

Tawandang Brew Pub

I don't the place if you mean issan tatwang deng i'm afraid for a few reasons.

Accoustics are terrible

Band thinks they are stars and play too loud

Too crowded with not enough room for dancing

I think the shows are inferior to other cafes

No use of Lao instruments when I have been, yet it claims to be the home of country music. Never been to the brew pub, I think that's songs for life venue,not issan music

I prefer tankay issan still although the quality varries at least there's loads of dance room. However by far and away the best cafes are the napali ones with krungton also up there, krungton has the best interior and very good shows. Have not been to Pra nam Kao for a long time, music was far too loud there last time.

Every time I go to tawang deang I just wish I'd gone somewhere else, pity villa cafe closed and dara, they were nice.-peter

Edited by thai3

Fair comment Peter (I still like the place tho;). Where is Krungton? Sounds like a great night out! :o

krungton entertainment complex is just down the road from the mall tapra in thonburi, forget thonburi cafe it's crap. Krungton is a bit pricey, the min mali is now 200 baht, food is good and music not too loud, far nicer than prah nam khow cafe-peter