Net

eek

I had big problems with TOT this morning..... no internet at all from first check a little before 6AM til 11:20 when it came on......

You want an exercise to get your blood pressure up, try calling the ADSL 1177 repair number....

I have never seen or heard such idiotic instructions on a 'want this push this' series or recordings....

and not only that when you take the phone away from your ear to push 'that' then put it quickly back to your ear they are already well into the next series of push this push that....

ended up calling 1100 in Bkk for what that was worth ='s nothing

G

Just got into gmail FINALLY after writing this thread..but cannot get into Facebook at all. Keep getting Page Load Error. :/

Gonzo, i dont bother with the helplines. If the net is consistently dismal i go into the 3bb office instead. I just cant handle the phone "service" (in any country that is, not just Thailand).

Just got into gmail FINALLY after writing this thread..but cannot get into Facebook at all. Keep getting Page Load Error. :/

Gonzo, i dont bother with the helplines. If the net is consistently dismal i go into the 3bb office instead. I just cant handle the phone "service" (in any country that is, not just Thailand).

GMAIL completely down, none of Google's services available. Other sites are loading no problem. What issue might 3BB have with Google's Thai located servers? This would look a lot more like either 3BB or other state censor messing around with routing and/or firewalls and proxies. Having just discovered today 3BB manage to redirect traffic to speedtest.net in order to misreport traffic speeds I have reached again a point of disgust with the way business operates here. As for the phone 'service' - I've called 3BB numerous times, always to be told the technician will call me. Of course no call ever comes. Perhaps 3BB can shave another level of income into the pockets of the lazy ass managers and directors and just scrap the 'helpline' altogether, there is zero reason for them to be there as far as I can see...

FF

My 3BB speed for the past 3 weeks has been very close to the 56k dialup speed I used about 15 YEARS AGO.

Tried speed test on 3BB's site, it zoomed straight to 8 Megabits which is my package.

Tried Thaivisas speed test immediately afterwards and it could'nt even manage 1 Megabit !

Completely and unashamedly rigged. Amazing Land.

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

Regret to say that G-Mail is out here in Nong Hoi / Gymkhana Club area (using BBB).

Was certainly working earlier today. Interestingly all of iGoogle except its GMail panel is working, and Google search is working just fine.

Fortunately we just gobbled a delicious take-out order of Pun Pun's mashed potatoes and gravy, picked up as we bicycled home in the light rain from our visit to the Water Company ... so we're copacetic* ... so far :)

Knowing we do not suffer alone is heartening, since, after all, as Ur-Orang said: "suffering shared is suffering diluted" !

best, ~o:37;

* Was Mr. Bojangles really the source of the word "copacetic" ? You decide : copacetic

I had big problems with TOT this morning..... no internet at all from first check a little before 6AM til 11:20 when it came on......

You want an exercise to get your blood pressure up, try calling the ADSL 1177 repair number....

I have never seen or heard such idiotic instructions on a 'want this push this' series or recordings....

and not only that when you take the phone away from your ear to push 'that' then put it quickly back to your ear they are already well into the next series of push this push that....

G

My TOT internet connection was very bad lately it went on/off even when there was no rain or wind.

When i Phoned them I did hot even understand what the automatic girl was talking about in English??.

The positive thing is, my wife called them and a mechanic came next day but his repair in the box outside the house was not the cause.

I went to the office to pay and complained and they send a team to change the cable from the street to the house.

Now i have a good internet connection and I was happy with the service.

But I pay for 2 mb speed, I receive most of the time only around 1 mb.

Edited by Joop50

My usually decent 3B service has been horrible the past few days. Thru-put rates have been extremely low, especially during the daytime. In the daytime its borderline unusable. This started either Sunday night or Monday morning for me. I am also in the Nong Hoi area. I am actually moving to a new building next week, so I have not bothered with calling support.

-Mestizo

Yeah, mine much worse than usual yesterday and couldn't access gmail and other 'innocent' sites that 'they' censored?

And funny thing.....yesterday I paid my bill and noticed on the billing that they are calling themselves 3t [again?]. What's the deal??

Anyone else having problems last few days..particularly today?

Not too bad yesterday (Sunday u/s) but pretty crap last few years.

Reckon they periodically dump subscribers onto Indy from Premier when they're not looking. :ph34r:

Unfortunately you're expected to take it up the bum when it don't work... complained to The Man when it went down for three days and all he could say was, 'why are you complaining, not too bad after five years.' :blink:

web access was slow yesterday... but my BT kept up their strong, usual performance... which would indicate a possible DNS issue.

at any rate, all is good today. Yesterday, ThaiVisa was taking 2 minutes to load... today it is snappy!

3BBB service, in Sansai area - 4mb line.

Incidentally, yesterday, with web service stuck on stupid, for about 2 hours i pulled a steady 6MB on my torrents... go figure. Maybe since other folks turned off their machines in frustration!

Gremlins may be complex?

My AIS has been intermittent since Sunday, cutting me off after brief use or not available when I sign on. 3 kms S of Meijo, home of the "Cowboys." ??? Just now cut off for three minutes again.

Copacetic is clearly a term arrived from Equatorial Africa, as any etymological dictionary will reveal that cop is short for copper (early 19th century). Acetic acid and copper is was a very early fungicide, useful in hot humid climates for athlete's foot and other annoying itches. Bojangles, like Elvis, was a translator, though more talented.

Edited by CMX

web access was slow yesterday... but my BT kept up their strong, usual performance... which would indicate a possible DNS issue.

at any rate, all is good today. Yesterday, ThaiVisa was taking 2 minutes to load... today it is snappy!

3BBB service, in Sansai area - 4mb line.

Incidentally, yesterday, with web service stuck on stupid, for about 2 hours i pulled a steady 6MB on my torrents... go figure. Maybe since other folks turned off their machines in frustration!

Well..today seems to be going smoothly. Can log into all my usual sites. At least so far so good. Im used to ups and downs on the net. But being able to load some sites but not others seemed very odd.

Techno..have often wondered if its weather related too. Also, Thaivisa Facebook page had some people querying recently if Thailand is doing some kind of checks on sites.

Edited by eek

3BB seems to be OK since their problems last months. However today I noticed my speed wasn't going above 350 kB/s downloading so it appeared I was being restricted somewhere. I checked my link speed and guess what, they had halved my upload/download speeds. I called the call centre who put me through to the Chonburi area and they changed the link speed while I was on the phone to its correct values of 1M/10M. When asked why they changed my speed they replied a mistake had been made....just imagine the amount of customers that this happens to who are not sure how to check their link speeds, incredible !

Edited by eltelboy

I had terrible speeds 3 days ago. I called 3BB, and the next day my speeds were back to normal - 3Mbit to USA / normal websites (not the rigged ones) on my 10Mbit non-premium line. Which is OK.

So I recommend calling the helpline - I have found 3BB customer service to be pretty decent. They even call me back. And they usually fix the problems. Why do they have so many to begin with - I don't know. They're probably futzing around with things, as always.

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

Service seems at least usable today. No specific problem with Gmail today.

We do believe that the weather is a factor, but that a larger factor may be your line distance from home to repeater-server.

BBB Premier Level 1 (about 1170 something baht per month), Nong Hoi area

bangkok

42 ms. ping

3.05 mb download

1.53 mb upload

philadelphia, pa.

324 ms. ping

1.53 mb download

.37 upload

los angeles

40 ms. ping

3.01 mb download

.49 mb upload

G

I couldn't agree with you more regarding their 1177 response, I was so frustrated with this service that I jumped on my motor cycle and went down to there centre on the way to Lampun, about 40 odd clicks from Doi Saket. Telling them I had no internet for the past three days their reply was 'you should have called 1177'.

Jumping Jellybeans, Gmail is out again. And no problem using anything else on the web from Thai sites to international sites.

Used to be you could use this magic spell :

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=html&zy=d

To force Gmail to open in "basic HTML view." But, as the song said: "the thrill is gone now."

How long ... how long ...

Well you have it better than me orang. I have NO net at all now. Not for a few hours or so. Im gonna wait and see for a bit longer. Im having to use my phone as a modem. ..but even then its an on off on off signal.

Net=3bb

phone=AIS

ive obviously upset the net gods by complaining and this is my punishment. :(

Well you have it better than me orang. I have NO net at all now ... snip ...

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Eek,

Now Gmail is back in, so we'll quit posting these updates: some intermittent problem with the interface between BBB's servers and Gmail ?

We're sorry :violin: to hear you have it worse than us: we want it to be as good, or better, for you as it is for us :)

Edited by orang37

Today I have changed my Premier 3MB to the 12MB indy and are very happy now.

Bangkok

ping 42ms,

download is 10.94MB

upload 0.88MB

Amsterdam,

Ping 39ms

Download 10.32MB

Upload. 0.19MB

So very happy that I have changed my package and cost me just around 400baht extra a month.

Eric