Importing An Ultralight Kit

greasergirl

HiB)

I like to import an ultralight kit with engine to build my plane and flying around.

Can anywone tell me about tax, customs, It comes either US or Australia.

All wood is cut and certified that is the reason for, the engine

a four stroke is included...need advice thank you:rolleyes:

I do flying since 20 years and I do want to know if I do import this what the tax isssus are.

please help me

The way you write makes me think that you are from Germany ?Maybe fly it over from Abroad into a quiet field .I know people have flown around the world in them .

There are no customs fees on aircraft or aircraft parts.

You will still be responsible for VAT.

You should contact the Pattaya Flying Club for more information.

According to them, there are now 132 ultralights registered in Thailand. It grew by 6 last year.

Personally, I am going to wait until I can afford to build my Vision and put on a DeltaHawk Diesel engine. Of course, it'll be years before I have the time or money to do this, so I will be envious of you in the mean time.

Edited by gregb

• 1 month later...

The best person to contact regarding importing ultralights and ultralight flying in Thailand is Tom Grieve -

From Wikipedia for the rest of you

On October 12, 1997, Denver was killed when his Experimental Long-EZ plane, aircraft registration number N555JD, crashed into the Pacific Ocean near Pacific Grove, California.[22]

A pilot with over 2,700 hours of experience, Denver had single-engine land and sea, multi-engine land, glider, and instrument ratings. He also held a type rating in a Learjet. He had recently purchased the Long-EZ aircraft, and had taken a half-hour checkout flight with the aircraft the day before the accident. The NTSB cited Denver's unfamiliarity with the aircraft and his failure to have the aircraft refueled as causal factors in the accident. Denver was the sole occupant of the aircraft.[23] Before the accident, the FAA had learned of his failure to abstain entirely from alcohol subsequent to drunk driving arrests, and since his medical certification was conditional on this, a determination was made that due to his drinking problem, he was not qualified for any class of medical certification at the time. At least a third-class medical certification was required to exercise the privileges of his pilot certificate. However, there was no trace of alcohol or any other drug in Denver's body at autopsy.[24]

Edited by sbk
no emails in posts and no flames either

• 3 months later...

I do flying since 20 years and I do want to know if I do import this what the tax isssus are.

please help me

I envy you as I am 66 and would love to be able to fly in one. :thumbsup:

Perhaps there are qualified instructors in Thailand, does anybody know. I did 9 hours instruction in Australia before getting cancer, but that was 8 years ago and now that i am fit again, would love to restart.

If you get the chance, grab it. "seat of your pants flying" but its wonderful.

please help me

I envy you as I am 66 and would love to be able to fly in one. :thumbsup:

Perhaps there are qualified instructors in Thailand, does anybody know. I did 9 hours instruction in Australia before getting cancer, but that was 8 years ago and now that i am fit again, would love to restart.

If you get the chance, grab it. "seat of your pants flying" but its wonderful.

Thailand Flying Club. Website here.

please help me

What ultralight kit are looking at?

How much do they go for in Thailand?

I had a look at the PFC site. 300k for a license plus other fees.

Do you need one in Thailand to fly an ultralight?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I recently Imported an airplane from the states

During this quest I realized that there is minimal information on how to go about things, and what is required. I decided to start a website dedicated to sport aviation in Thailand, and hope it provides information to help people, and also allows people to share their information.

http://thaiaerosport.com/import-airplane-thailand

P1160896.jpg

• 8 months later...