Where Have You Fish And How You Rate Them?

zoso

Sawai fishing lake(Phuket)

It's okay if you like paying 3 times as much as the Thai's, some day's you can catch many fish other day's not so many, most of the fish are small except for a few Sawai, Carp, Red tails and Mekong if you are ever lucky enough to catch one only a few have ever been caught, I have been told they are wild and not farm reared, the food is expensive and drink not cheap, so why do I go there because there is not any where else!!!!

All in all not a bad place for a day out but no where near as good as other lakes in Thailand so I have been told...

I've fished all over Thailand for fresh water species. Besides the pay for play ponds around various Thai citiers, I have fished all the reservoirs around Chiang Mai and further north, and over as far as Sirikut dam in north east Thailand. My favourite Thai fishing is north from the Province of Kanchanaburi in the mountain rivers along the Burma border. I'm basically just a fly fisherman and go where I can find fish that will take flies: mahseer, Giant snakeheads, Burmese trout, jungle perch and Pacu (giant piranha). I even caught an a Malaysian bonytongue one time.