Why Do Germans Have Such Bad Taste In Clothes!

daveb1

hey folks, come down,

and don`t let me start, to speak about east german fashionstyle,

but by the way, it`s quiet fascinating, 15 years after reuinification,

so many communist clothes still survived.

Concerning west germany, I think, the working class hero style of

colone is nearly the same, like the Brigthon style.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote "So, Dave - what country are you from, then?" 

England, where people are stupid enough to pay very high prices for designer clothes that are allready worn out or have holes in them!!! :D  but they still look less tacky than that stuff Germans wear :D

I dunno - lived in the UK for 4 years, and I honestly had never seen people dress as bad as that. But I guess taste differs....... :o

And don't get me started on that stuff the British call food..... :D

You can allways spot a German in Thailand by there really bad taste in clothes! Why do they wear such cheap tacky and nasty clothes! Dont get me wrong i think German people are great. Ihave nothing against them,  there are by and large very nice people but the clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

very easy answer :

because they buy us custom made clothes, and thai (korean) copies of designer clothes brits buy for tons of money!

love White Shivas post :

don't make me start thinking about english food
- actually, that's not corrrect - you cannot call that food! :o

I dont think brits would be seen dead in anything most germans wear mate! :o

Not dead but alive:

prince_charles196x260.jpg

But next time when you wear German clothes select the right size which may result in more comfort in some sensitive areas.

Nevertheless, I've gotta admit talk fashion - talk Brit.

Cheers,

:D

German Joke:-

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Gestapo

Gestapo who?

Ve Vill ask ze Questions!

:o i just remembered another one :

Hans and Fritz were walking one day and Fritz pushed Hans off a cliff

He turned to his mother and said " Look ma no Hanz " !

You can allways spot a German in Thailand by there really bad taste in clothes! Why do they wear such cheap tacky and nasty clothes! Dont get me wrong i think German people are great. Ihave nothing against them,   there are by and large very nice people but the clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

very easy answer :

because they buy us custom made clothes, and thai (korean) copies of designer clothes brits buy for tons of money!

love White Shivas post :

don't make me start thinking about english food
- actually, that's not corrrect - you cannot call that food! :o

actually, it was correct - you misquoted me..... :D

I don't think it is bad taste, just plain necessity. Do some search and you will find that Germany chiefly got forests and very high mountains. So the people live either in the dark, like in the Black Forest. There they can hunt for wolves and boars used for food and to make their clothes. Deep inside the forests one still finds witches and demons who do not like to look at colorful or fashionable dress.

Even worse for the inhabitants of the mountains. Year in and year out they have to climb up and down these horrible hights, attacked by eagles and vultures.

In the lower region, somewhere 2000 meters above sea level, they find some grass to keep cows and goats, for milk, cheese and skin. Skin again to make clothing.

The supply of leather is scarce, therefore they make only short leather pants, kept in place by strings made from goat hair.

Guess this should explain the phenomenon in German fashion.

I think German fashion is all screwed up. After the Berlin Wall fell, the poor Germans from East Germany mixed with the rich Germans from West Germany.

Poor German fashion confused the West German people as well as when the West Germans trying to be fashionable in the East German area.

Then the german skin heads got involved and really screwed up fashion.

Mix that with nudist that love to bathe in the buff in the countless little swimming holes all over Germany and you get a fashion backwards nation.

I lived there for 6 years and when I got back to the United States I was clueless on what to wear. :D

But if you ask a German, they are the center of the fashion world. :o

OlRedEyes Posted Today, 2005-07-13 10:24:28

Aughie, you didn't ask 'Can they cook?" I miss that

German jokes and german cooking are mutually inclusive. Seriously though, I think the germans bake some mighty fine breads and sweets, and I can always eat a plate of sausages or heisen kartoful salat (sp.) with a half loaf of bread.

I gotta say ORE, I loved this paragraph from the 'where you met your wife' topic. :o

"What a magnificent woman", i thought. Poetic thoughts raced through my fevered mind. "What a great ass!!" She had an air of royalty, a princess, authority. And small tits, I like small tits.

WhiteShiva Posted Today, 2005-07-13 14:26:58

US - isn't that where most people wear their headwear the wrong way around....?

It depends on which gang you run with. :D

But if you ask a German, they are the center of the fashion world.

Karl Lagerfeld is working in Paris,

Hugo Boss fashion isn`t that special, even Gerhard Schröder prefers Brioni suits,

and the big time of Jill Sander was a long time ago,

b.t.w.

who cares ??? :o

i have to say germans are the dorkiest of dressers. but i love them most of all farangs because they are also the quirkiest and most laid back of farangs that i meet!

OlRedEyes Posted Today, 2005-07-13 10:24:28

Aughie, you didn't ask 'Can they cook?"  I miss that 

German jokes and german cooking are mutually inclusive. Seriously though, I think the germans bake some mighty fine breads and sweets, and I can always eat a plate of sausages or heisen kartoful salat (sp.) with a half loaf of bread.

I gotta say ORE, I loved this paragraph from the 'where you met your wife' topic. :o

"What a magnificent woman", i thought. Poetic thoughts raced through my fevered mind. "What a great ass!!" She had an air of royalty, a princess, authority. And small tits, I like small tits.

It depends on which gang you run with.  :D

I just got poked in the ribs for that :D

When I remember Brits, with very stylish italian short trousers,

style is depending on the colour of your sunglasses  :D

PFERDEKL.JPG

Nah - that's can't be a Brit - he's got no tatoos...... :D

Although the lack of tan would suggest you are right.... :D:D:D

Nah, it's definately a German. Look closer, he's heading for the Sun Lounger he reserved at 5am in the morning :o

It depends on which gang you run with.  :D

actually, I was thinking of baseball caps - People from the states seem to prefer to 1) wear them the wrong way around (which defies the purpose), and 2) wear them indoora and/or after dark (ditto)....... :o

When I remember Brits, with very stylish italian short trousers,

style is depending on the colour of your sunglasses  :D

PFERDEKL.JPG

Nah - that's can't be a Brit - he's got no tatoos...... :D

Although the lack of tan would suggest you are right.... :D:D:D

Nah, it's definately a German. Look closer, he's heading for the Sun Lounger he reserved at 5am in the morning :o

Just the one sun lounger? :D