3Bb Internet

Guderian

Hi, I'm fed up (again :annoyed: ) with my ThaiIT service, so I'd like to find out the details of getting connected to 3bb instead. Can anyone tell me where their office is in Pattaya? If they've got more than one, I live in Jomtien so would like the office that's nearest here or South Pattaya. Thanks for any information.

They have an office on Theprasit, next to the market, just before Sukhumvit /Euro Design Furniture. Beware....Central Pattaya has almost daily outages and lots of people are cancelling their accounts with Triple B. Can take up to 3 days for somebody to show, when you call in for service. TOT at moment better reliability at similar prices and much better service. Also, Triple B will lock you in for a year and not let you get off, without paying up for the year. Just went through it. Best choice CAT, but more money. Good luck.

Thanks. I've seen some people on other forums say that 3bb is good, while others say much the same as you, that it's gone to the dogs. I've got a ridiculously expensive ThaiIT connection in the condo here, as 6 years back that was all that was available. It's managed (ha!) by True, but they are now refusing even to pick up their customer service lines. For 3 days the best speed I can get when downloading is around 100 Kbps - and I'm supposedly paying 2000 Baht/month for a 1.8 Mbps line! On times it's so lousy that I can;t even do a speed test, as the connection is so bad that the Speedtest.net page simply times out. TOT is a possibility I guess, their prices seem reasonable, but in the past their service has been very poor according to what I've read. Do they tie you into a one-year contract, or can you just wave bye-bye if you find their service to be bad?

I have the Premier package.When its working 3BB for me over the last year has been excellent. Until about a month ago. Since then I have had a couple of problems that 3BB should have sorted out and they have taken 4 days on each occasion to respond.

The last occasion was down to a lightning strike which took out their modem in my house. I reported the problem on Wednesday and asked if I could pick up a new modem from Carrefour. They changed it without any hassle. On Sunday, an engineer called to come and repair the fault. He did not know that it had been repaired, so had I not fixed it myself I would have had another 4 day wait.

Mind you, I suspect that in a few weeks time 3BB will have a better service than its rivals, as these things seem to just rotate between suppliers. Good luck finding someone reliable in the LOS.

It's crazy, isn't it? After 4 days of pathetic, almost dial-up speed, this morning it's back to full throttle. Why didn't they pick up their phone when I called them and just say, "Oh sorry, we know about the problem and it will be fixed on Monday"? Would it have been losing face to tell me that? Silly so and so's. Oh well, I'll continue the seemingly never-ending quest for a better ISP in Pattaya.

• 4 weeks later...

Just came across this thread and can't believe anyone could praise 3bb internet. I had True before I moved into a condo which already had 3bb or I would never have changed.

Anytime I had a problem with True their service was nothing short of amazing. Never once did they not attend to any problem within hours.

With 3bb getting service is like pulling teeth and it's about as reliable as a 200 baht rolex.

My understanding is the internet is like a tank of water that supplies eg 6 outlets. Add another 6 outlets to the same tank and no one gets a full cup.

In desperaion to grab market share companies take every customer they can knowing full well they can't supply them all without causing a high percentage of customers mega problems.

Thousands are signing up every week so it's going to get worse before it gets better.

I'm so confident about my internet I'm copying this before I try to post iy because as sure as God made little green apples it won't go first time and I'm on 10mb.

I have been having problems with 3BB for about 2 months now and the service is getting worse. After 17:00 then forget it as the speed literally falls to nothing for download/upload and then it comes back maybe at midnight if you are lucky (jomtien area). Contacted the call centre yesterday and said I was going to cut off their service as I had complained about it 3 times this week without a reply. Today their engineers appeared out of the blue at 11:00 am to check the modem etct etc, I said the problem is at 17:00 not 11:00 so why are you here ! They continued to check aimlessly and apparently found a problem somwhere outside the village but I said everything is working fine now it's 17:00 when you need to be here. I asked what problem did you find and of course no answer as there is no problem. Please just admit that the lines are over subscribed and the useless equipment cannot handle it. As predicated come 17:00 this evening the speed died as per usual so the problem they found really helped. Why waste everyone's time with this nonsense. :angry:

The "contention ratio" on what was called "Indy" with TT&T, i.e. the lower-priced non-Premier consumer plans, is 40 or 50. The contention ratio on the Premier plans is 10. I switched from a (at the time) B1000/month 5Mbps Indy plan to a 3Mbps Premier plan for the same price. Difference was night and day. No slow downs on Premier. Only the usual (sadly!) outages on 3BB. When the line is up, it is fast.

When I first got TT&T Indy about five years ago, it was snappy, and I got full speed. Then about two years ago it got slower and slower. My guess is that even though 40 or 50 people (I forget which, now) could share my line, that for the first three years or so, there were far less folks on my line and that finally TT&T got around to adding more and more people and/or people that turned out to be large downloaders? Anyway, that's when I switched from Indy to Premier.