Book Exchange Jungceylon

petercallen

Hello,

I was recently wondering the same myself but happened to stumble across them a couple of weeks ago. They are indeed now in Phuket Town, on the same street (and same side) as Roxy Bar, sort of opposite On On Hotel (if you know where Salvatore's Restaurant is, turn right at the roundabout just past the restaurant and immediately turn right again down the one-way street that runs behind Salvatore's; the bookshop is down here on the RHS, before you get to Roxy Bar).

Still have loads of books.

Hope this helps.

FB.

Hello,

I was recently wondering the same myself but happened to stumble across them a couple of weeks ago. They are indeed now in Phuket Town, on the same street (and same side) as Roxy Bar, sort of opposite On On Hotel (if you know where Salvatore's Restaurant is, turn right at the roundabout just past the restaurant and immediately turn right again down the one-way street that runs behind Salvatore's; the bookshop is down here on the RHS, before you get to Roxy Bar).

Still have loads of books.

Hope this helps.

FB.

Thanks Mate, It was handy in Jungceylon, We went there regulary for banking/shopping

I will see if i can a shop closer to Chalong.

I have about 10-12 blokey sort of books I've now read. Mainly thrillers, mysteries, etc, (not a romance novel in sight). Authors include Clancy, Ludrum, Khoury and Wilbur Smith.

Perhaps, if we get this Sunday drinkies gettogether organised we could have some sort of car boot swap system organised. One for one exchanges would keep them circulating and keep all in reading matter.

Cut the fat, greedy booksellers out of the loop! :rolleyes:

Te original used book store is indeed where a previous poster says, on the same side of the street as On On Hotel, and they've now expanded into 3 shop fronts there. They have also added a second shop on the same road but on the right side of the street, a huge space that used to be a food court, as little bit further along past Bangkok Bank. They've been in Phuket Town a long time and any credit you have from their Patong shops is still valid with them. They expanded into Patong, first on Rajuthit Road down near Cristin Massage and moved into Jungceylon when the unfinished space they were using still had reasonable rent. All those spaces started filling up and so they tried the basement but it was so back in a corner that they got no foot traffic at all. They are good folks, support them in Phuket town!!

I thought they were quite nice to deal with as well. If someone could please give some directions or a more specific location or street address for the new place I'd appreciate it.

I actually would have thought that there was already enough detail in the posts to be able to find the place fairly easily. However, if you put "Southwind Books Phuket" into Google maps it shows you where they are. The newly opened place is a little further down the same road on the opposite side.

I thought they were quite nice to deal with as well. If someone could please give some directions or a more specific location or street address for the new place I'd appreciate it.

I actually would have thought that there was already enough detail in the posts to be able to find the place fairly easily. However, if you put "Southwind Books Phuket" into Google maps it shows you where they are. The newly opened place is a little further down the same road on the opposite side.

Thank you. As I don't know the landmarks mentioned in PT, your reference to SW Books is the "more specific location" I was looking for.

Will try the Google maps thing, thx again.