Clever Adverts

baht&sold

I really admire a clever advert, be it on the boob tube, radio, newspaper etc.

My current fav locally, is the Nok air ad in the main english dailys in Bkk-

"Save my Ass, drive my car" is the catch from the CEO and I'd bet it works :o

Apparently you can win the guys car and save his job if you fly nok. Clever!

Seen any others that made ya look/laugh and remember- either here or abroad?

Edited by bahtandsold

An ad hit the TV screens here a few weeks back for a mobile phone ringtone. It featured some demented frog riding an imaginary motor bike accompanied by weird sounds and the Axel theme.

The product was called Crazy Frog and it divided the nation between those who found it catchy and the others who found it infuriating.

The Frog came out on top because they brought out a single and it shot to the top of the hit parade, beating many well established bands.

Not sure, but has Crazy Frog hit Thailand yet?

:o

There was one advert that always made me laugh when I was over in LOS, it was the one for Ford G Wagon or something like that. It was a baby king kong gorilla and its dad or mum not sure which, the baby is smashing the car into a rock again and again, the mum looks down and growls at him, he looks up and draws the car back and smashes it one more time, to which he gets a slap round the head!!

Yeah I suppose you have to see it :o

Edited by Rj 81

One of the adverts that made me laugh was the Wrangler jeans advert, where a young thai girl is wearing low hipster cut jeans, and the prudish/jealous old lady behind her presses her lit incense sticks into the young girls back. Again needs to be seen to.

I like the advert for batteries... the one with the "guy" swimming... using the same idea as those Pin thingys which you can use to make a profile of the face, hand etc..

totster :o

Edited by Totster