Pvc Plumbing Supplies

Dirk_brijs

Anyone knows a good shop for PVC plumbing supplies?

I dont mean the regular stuff they sell on Home work and Pro but the real fittings and several colors available?

Looking for real union fittings and valves?

Anyone or only Bangkok?

If you have done the rounds looking then you have probably seen these two.... Klang turn opposite direction to Carrefour,about 100 metres or so on your left,good stock of PVC fittings the guy speaks perfect English so no problem asking for what you want.....then back towards the lights ,the small slip road on same side has a huge plumbing stock,but English poor

only shops in Pattaya?

I don't understand. This is the Pattaya Forum.

Where are you wanting shops and for what purpose? Actually there are loads of small PVC suppliers all around and outside of the Pattaya area. All of them are better stocked than HomePro or Homeworks.

As far as colors, the most popular are Blue (Water), Yellow (Electrical), and Grey. The Blue is available in several thicknesses. Outside of that, it's going to be difficult.

In your OP you mentioned plumbing, so that will limit the colors to blue or grey. Almost every plumbing supply store have the PVC materials.

Edited by BB1950

what you dont understand?

I am looking for white PVC tubing with the more proffesional fittings like they offer in Home pro or stuff.

Things like true unions and valves with true unions.

Is that clear enough?

As you said most shops are small and only offer the standard fittings.

Anyone know of such a shopin Pattaya?

only shops in Pattaya?

I don't understand. This is the Pattaya Forum.

Where are you wanting shops and for what purpose? Actually there are loads of small PVC suppliers all around and outside of the Pattaya area. All of them are better stocked than HomePro or Homeworks.

As far as colors, the most popular are Blue (Water), Yellow (Electrical), and Grey. The Blue is available in several thicknesses. Outside of that, it's going to be difficult.

In your OP you mentioned plumbing, so that will limit the colors to blue or grey. Almost every plumbing supply store have the PVC materials.

True union is a USA company that make valves, they dont make "unions". You glue, insert pipe into the collar, the same as any other PVC fitting or valve.

Possibly they are available somewhere in Thailand, but as same item but made in Thailand is available they will have a high tax rate.

this is what they call true union fittings or another name quick disconnect fittings.

Looking for those

I understand now.

I've been down this road before.

Not something that's very popular in Thailand, but I've always got my eye out for them.

I've only seen these kind of fittings available at swimming pool supply shops (Pattaya Nua has a few). You are going to be limited to the availability of sizes, colors, and styles (1 1/2" or 2") with a slip glue fitting on one end and a male pipe thread on the other end. Usually available in white, black, or grey). Warning, they are extremely expensive! 1000-2500 baht each.

I found a hardware shop in Huai Yai that has some blue or gray unions with no threaded ends, just the union is threaded, from 3/4" to 2" in size. Judging by how dusty the fittings are getting, they aren't a good selling item. They probably won't be re-stocked when the existing stock depletes. Which explains why the PVC factories in Thailand really don't produce any. No demand.

I've only seen in-line unions. Never any angled unions.

What you most likely will find are PVC compression type unions which are blue, slide over the pipe and use a nut at each end to compress a rubber seal around the pipe. They are useless with pressures over 30-40 psi. They are available in several sizes.

Labor is cheap in Thailand, so Thais really don't use quick PVC unions. The just cut away the old glued fittings. They also don't use very good glue, which helps to cut away the old fitting.

When setting up tight plumbing structures with lots of machinery in between like for a reef fish tank it is kinda hard to keep cutting away all the time.

this is what they call true union fittings or another name quick disconnect fittings.

Looking for those

I understand now.

I've been down this road before.

Not something that's very popular in Thailand, but I've always got my eye out for them.

I've only seen these kind of fittings available at swimming pool supply shops (Pattaya Nua has a few). You are going to be limited to the availability of sizes, colors, and styles (1 1/2" or 2") with a slip glue fitting on one end and a male pipe thread on the other end. Usually available in white, black, or grey). Warning, they are extremely expensive! 1000-2500 baht each.

I found a hardware shop in Huai Yai that has some blue or gray unions with no threaded ends, just the union is threaded, from 3/4" to 2" in size. Judging by how dusty the fittings are getting, they aren't a good selling item. They probably won't be re-stocked when the existing stock depletes. Which explains why the PVC factories in Thailand really don't produce any. No demand.

I've only seen in-line unions. Never any angled unions.

What you most likely will find are PVC compression type unions which are blue, slide over the pipe and use a nut at each end to compress a rubber seal around the pipe. They are useless with pressures over 30-40 psi. They are available in several sizes.

Labor is cheap in Thailand, so Thais really don't use quick PVC unions. The just cut away the old glued fittings. They also don't use very good glue, which helps to cut away the old fitting.

"Dart Union" is another generic name for them, allows pumps, flowmeters, heaters etc. to be removed without the need to cut any pipework, Swimming pool shops or irrigation centres will have them - expensive like!! the only other ones i have seen here are galvanised steel threaded to mate with the abundant blue pipe & fittings.

When setting up tight plumbing structures with lots of machinery in between like for a reef fish tank it is kinda hard to keep cutting away all the time.

Well the other option that I have seen here in Thailand is to use a barbed PVC slip-on connector with a hose and clamp. Those are available in various sizes.

Was in Tesco Lotus north this evening and they do a limited stock of PVC bends and elbows with reducers and suchlike. More stock than Carrefour. Wish I had gone there than chasing around for a threequarter female thread to instant push on

Also it looks as if they have up to inch and a half too

Edited by jori

"Dart Union" is another generic name for them, allows pumps, flowmeters, heaters etc. to be removed without the need to cut any pipework, Swimming pool shops or irrigation centres will have them - expensive like!! the only other ones i have seen here are galvanised steel threaded to mate with the abundant blue pipe & fittings.

Do those pool shops have supplies? Most of those shops just look like offices?

Try Home & Pool on 3rd road near north end, big shop, if possible take a sample with you - they have a huge store out the back if your required item is not displayed.

Try Home & Pool on 3rd road near north end, big shop, if possible take a sample with you - they have a huge store out the back if your required item is not displayed.

This would be your best bet, swimming pool companies use these unions...

This would be your best bet, swimming pool companies use these unions...

Hi Dirk,

This may be your answer you are looking for. My neighbor setup his fish tanks up with these unions I believe they are black but are the equivalent to the U.S. Europe & Australia for pump equipment for fish tanks pools & irrigation equipment.

The shop is on 3rd road . Coming down from sukimvet on Pattaya Klang after Carrefour the next biggest intersection will be a set of lights take a right. go down about 1/ a block or so you will see a Yellow-gold colored building which is Kansakorn (please forgive my spelling as I don't bank there) right next door there is a irrigation shop that has all kinds of stuff including the black unions with & without a on of valve. They look like they can tolerate 150 psi if the lines were pressure tested. I have used one in my irrigation system & so far it is the top of quality(which I am sure your tanks demand. The gal speaks 50% english -- so what I would do is bring in pieces of your sizes( a picture in this country or the parts are worth 10,000 words in LOS) and you can find almost all size ranges. The only line my neighbor got snookered on was a line he bought from Germany & they used an outside diameter & Thailand used a inside diameter for the rating so it had to be snugged up with glue & set out to cure & get rid of the toxins from the glue a couple months . If it will be Thai To Thai piping you will have a perfect fit.I brought back a union from the US & it was(white) identical to the (black) Thai union. It is made well. pending on if it as a valve prices are 160 baht -320 baht a union give or take pending on if the size is over 1&1/2 "

Good luck on your hunt!

Another good all around hardware store is Captain's in NaJomtien about 1km before the Ambassador on Suk, same side. Big yellow sign. They have all kinds of stuff...great place to roam around and the 2 owners speak a bit of English. When done stop by the restaurant next door....great food! Especially their beef soup.

Hello Dirk. I use some of the 3/4" unions in my irrigation system.

You can call and order like most things in LOS. 02-939-6362.

Picture is out of their catalog. They also have a wide selection of

valves and other poly fittings.

rice555

post-37242-081699100 1282889556_thumb.jp

Hello Dirk. I use some of the 3/4" unions in my irrigation system.

You can call and order like most things in LOS. 02-939-6362.

Picture is out of their catalog. They also have a wide selection of

valves and other poly fittings.

rice555

Hi rice,

It looks like the same irrigation parts from one of the local Pattaya irrigation shop. Good stuff I use the same for my irrigation stuff the homepro blue unions are garbage .