Fugitive Scot Wanted Over Horrific Sex Attacks Is Tracked Down In Bangkok,

Buchholz

What a surprise, a slimy sensationalist article about Thailand, with special focus on red light districts and ladyboys, written by Andrew Drummond. I had to laugh when I noticed the author. Honestly amazed the king of Thailand yellow journalism sold to the west is allowed to stay here

I would not call the person who wrote this article a writer. The English is quite bad and the spelling is worse.

georgehoolahanbeforegoi.jpg

George Hoolahan before going on the run

smonlymurrayhoolihan631.jpg

Rape case fugitive George Hoolahan in Thailand

Looks well for 60 in that pic

The first pic is when he ran off, he would have been around 49 in it.

The second pic is 2010, and IMHO doesn't necessary look well for 60, but rather, has a typical appearance for that age.

He has great hair though :whistling::whistling:

Stunned Hoolahan said last night: "I've been found by the Sunday Mail. I think that I'll be coming back now. "If the cops said I was to jump on a plane, I would say aye. I don't think I'll sleep well tonight."

Exactly what you'd expect a fugitive to say when tracked down. :D

Arkady,

What reporters submit to newspapers often bears little resemblance to the final edited and published story. In this case three different newspapers are taking credit for finding Hoolahan. What appears on Andrew Drummond's web site is more than likely the story he sent.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2010/08/22/wanted-british-rapist-tracked-down-to-bangkoks-red-light-area/

Arkady,

What reporters submit to newspapers often bears little resemblance to the final edited and published story. In this case three different newspapers are taking credit for finding Hoolahan. What appears on Andrew Drummond's web site is more than likely the story he sent.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2010/08/22/wanted-british-rapist-tracked-down-to-bangkoks-red-light-area/

That link isn't gonna win over many people to the cause that he is not a hack gutter journalist

That link isn't gonna win over many people to the cause that he is not a hack gutter journalist

who still, at the end of the day, has exposed a wanted criminal fugitive with outstanding warrants and who has avoided justice for over decade on the felonies he committed.

For that, I don't give a rat's arse if he writes the expose' with a crayon.

• Like 1

Fugitive George Hoolahan still at large

A fugitive rape suspect is still on the run a week after we tracked him down. Last week the Sunday Sun lured George Hoolahan, one of the North’s Most Wanted, to a meeting in Bangkok, Thailand. But he still hasn’t been arrested by the authorities - despite promising to return to the UK if caught.

Divorced Hoolahan, 61, fled from justice after he was accused of raping two Whitley Bay 18-year-olds in 1999. But the Sunday Sun flushed him out of hiding in the Thai capital, where we found him living the high life in some of the city’s seedier bars and clubs. Hoolahan was stunned we had managed to track him down.

But even though the net is tightening around him, Glasgow-born Hoolahan is still at large.

Northumbria Police, who are working with Interpol to find the fugitive, say no arrests have been made. A spokesperson said: “We received a report from a member of the Press suggesting this individual was in Thailand. Northumbria Police continues to work with Interpol in relation to this warrant.” Hoolahan was due to stand trial for the alleged rapes in 1999, but was bailed against police advice and vanished.

Continues:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2010/08/29/fugitive-george-hoolahan-still-at-large-79310-27158085/

Sunday Sun - August 29, 2010

And how do you rape two women at the same time. This guy has talent.

We have not been provided with enough details of the crimes that he has ran away from. "Rape" can cover many possibilities, such as:

1. Sexual intercourse with expression of non-consent with resistance and possibly violence

2. Sexual intercourse during which the victim(s) were asleep or having low level of consciousness due to consumption of alcohol or drugs and were therefore unable to express either consent or non-consent

Often when people hear or read the word "rape" they associate it with the first possibility, i.e. violence, when the reality may be that it was the second less abhorrent possibility.

Edited by hyperdimension

Last week, we tracked him down to a bar near Soi Cowboy - a street notorious for go-go bars, prostitutes and "lady boy" transvestites. The fugitive's full name is George Bernard Murray Hoolahan but in Thailand, he calls himself George Murray or George Bernard.

Great PR for Soi Cowboy. Sounds like home to me.:whistling: Glade they got this guy off the streets.

WHAT Soi cowboy is like that

I wont be going there then on my upcoming trip to BKK :whistling: