Iphone 4 Edge Not Connecting

pandanasbearz

are you using the plastic cover on your phone? Iphone 4 come by default with a malfunction of the signal reception, Apple is giving away free plastic covers that apparently fix the problem or your money back if purchased in the last 30 days....

Edit:

oh i just noticed that this is your first post, welcome on board, i am sure you will have fun here :lol:

Edited by surayu

If you have a signal and the EDGE ('E') icon is showing, then you probably have adequate reception. Have you checked to be sure your EDGE settings are correct on your iPhone under Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network?

Here is a page from dtac that might help.

http://www.dtac.co.th/english/manual.html

Try this (from the above page):

Setting up your phone for MMS and EDGE/GPRS

1. Call *772*9#

2. You will receive 2 setting messages for MMS and EDGE/GPRS.

3. Open and then save them on your phone

4. If your phone requires a pin number, please enter “1800”

If you experience any problems, please contact dtac’s call center at 1678, then press 7 for Engllish.

Edited by bubba

The 'E' icon on my phone is showing but i cannot connect to the internet using EDGE.

It keeps giving the message "The server is not responding". Also, I checked that my Cellular Data Network (CDN) is on

but still no internet.

Also, i checked with the iPhone shop and they say that this happens with truemove and dtac SIMs. AIS is fine with the EDGE problem

Edited by pandanasbearz

• 2 months later...

If you have an Iphone with 4.0 and above software that is Jailbroken, this version of the firmware does not all you to Update your APN setting for True,DTAC or AIS.

For instance if you have a phone from the US the default Data Setting are for AT&T.

Normaly you can ask the carrier to send you and SMS message with the setting however the Iphone 4G wont accept the setting and it fails.

What you need to do is get your Micro Sim Card and put it in sleave to make it a normal SIM card size, insert it into any other non Iphone and get the carrier to send an SMS with the GPRS/EDGE settings, the setting will be saved on your SIM then install it in your Iphone and you will not be able to use GPRS/EDGE

Edited by pskbkk