How To Divorce In Uk When You Married In Thailand...

The Dan Sai Kid

Ok, first post in absolute ages. I've been seperated from my ex for about a year and half. We both live in the UK. We were married in Thailand at an Amphoe. What I'd like to know is how we can go about getting a divorce. It's not contested in any way. Can we just get the quick divorce from the post office? What would we have to do on the Thai side of things?

I tried searching and couldn't really find any answers.

Thanks for any help!

Since both live in the UK you can get a divorce in the UK and have the divorce registered with the Thai embassy.

If you are both in agreement It is also possible to both travel to Thailand and be divorced in 30 minutes. When you divorce yu can enter any agreement you make regarding alimony, separation of property etc. Depending on the assets involved etc you might want to consider a hiring a lawyer.

If there is no agreement to make no lawyer is necessary, you would only split the wealth acquired during the marriage.

One lives and learns everyday!

The quickest divorce, as much as I could recall, could be accomplished in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.

But that is not done in any Post Office either.

Can a divorce be accomplished in a Post Office nowadays and be considered as an official divorce for that country?