Electric Oven

bankruatsteve

Ready for the electric oven (yes - I've had gas before but prefer electric). Just cursory looking so far and recall brands like "Mex" and "Electrolux" - just can't remember some of the others. Anyway... just wondering if you all have any "this has been a great oven" or "this has been a crap oven" type of recommendation? Thanks.

I had a gas oven for about 6 years, got to be a pain in the ass getting it to light. So I replaced it with a Mex electric oven, have had it for a little over 2 years now. Before I bought this one, I was leery of getting an oven with electronic controls, (pricier) and didn't want the hassle if the electronics went out. This one is "analog", no gauges, 2 dials + a timer that you can't hear if you're out of the kitchen, oh well. Better heat control than the ol' gas oven. It works for me> :):thumbsup:

Fagor, Spanish brand name, very good distributor in LOS. I have 4 of them (in different houses), 2 friends have them.

The mecanical timer doesnt last years but can be set at ON without timer.

Inexpensive at 11-13k baht. Never heard about Fagor before I moved here 7,5 yeras ago, now all of my hotwatertanks and most of my kitchenappliances come from them

Had one Siemens, but crap at 22k baht

A convector oven can be had for 5-6k, I have one in addition to Fagor, great for heating up something quickly like burger and hot dog buns, great for pizza. No good for roast, baking, pay and lasagne

have had a few gas ovens in boats/yachts, but their not even close to the electric ones

Edited by katabeachbum

Sister in law has a chrome silver ELBA; 36 inch - very nice unit.

I have used a Techno Gas 30 inch - elec oven - gas rings - for many years. It's sort of brownish gold.

Both came from Home Pro. Love mine to death.

One tip.

I would request as many sliding shelves as the oven will accept.

Even if you have to pay extra. Get that as part of the deal. Great for making cookies. Wish I had 2 shelves.

I guess it depends on where you live. Here in Pattaya, Hafele has it's own store...and therefore, it's own service crew. Good choice if you are living here in Pattaya...deal with them direct and they will beat any price quote you have.

FYI: I ended up getting an Electrolux from Home Pro along with gas range for about $24K total. Hooked up the oven and so far so good. The range will go in later this week but that looks good too. Main reason for selection? Just liked the looks and had the functions I want. Thanks for the input!

• 8 months later...