Cooked Chicken Breasts?

LordPoona

Villa Markets stock both cooked heat-to-serve chicken and turkey breasts in their refrigerated deli section, including the packaged thin sliced varieties.

Most if not all of the western oriented supermarkets also sell whole roasted chickens already cooked, and sometimes cut pieces of same packed in packages for eating the same day. No cooking or heating required.

"gai yang" is grilled chicken....

"nom" is breast, usually in the woman's sense...

But I'm not sure how it's said in Thai when referring to a chicken... :D

I'm usually talking about the other kind...

how do i say 'grilled chicken breast' in thai? :D

Just for anyone out there who knows less Thai language than I do... and there may be a few somewhere....

"Nom" in Thai literally means milk, but it's also the word Thais use to refer to female breasts....

That's how "nom" got into the chicken breasts discussion... :jap:

Oke Gai Yang.

Nom Gai Yang would be milk from a grilled chicken ;)

Sorry to adjust

however

"Oke" as in "OK" is not quite right.

try "Og Gai" as in the last two letters of the the word "fog" for a closer romanisation. :)

or print this on a piece of paper and hand it to the deli staff"

อกไก่ย่าง

(sorry for printing Thai in other than Thai language section) :rolleyes:

"Oke" as in "OK" is not quite right.

try "Og Gai" as in the last two letters of the the word "fog" for a closer romanisation. :)

The problem is that English speakers read Og as... Oggggggggggg. Definitely not the correct pronunciation. Oke (as in yoke) would've been more than acceptable from a non-Thai speaker.

at our local tescos we get whole roasted chickens but if ye go down the market there is a guy with a cart that sells the same fer cheaper...the cart guy is part of a large roast chicken outfit and carries a logo that is recognizable...

ye gotta go early as they are usually sold out by 6pm...tutsi comes home from work and it's 'oh, roast chicken, Leo beer and vodka' time in de household...