Well Done Tot

msg362

We so often hear criticism about TOT, the worst ISP etc. Well, for once I think they should be praised for their service. I live in a moo baan near Sankamphaeng and have no choice as to the ISP- only TOT is connected

Just over a month ago I was ( or at least I thought I was) getting slow download speeds. After talking with them I found that most speedtests give widely varying results ( covered in earlier thread). I settled on 'speedtest.or.th' as the most reliable.

I then wanted to upgrade to an upload speed of 1 MB. I simply could not get it to work. TOT were very good, I even got a call at 10.30 on a Sunday night over the long holiday weekend from a technician ( manager I think) trying to help me.

A technician came and found that it was my old modem that would not take the higher speed, he spoke good english. He phoned the local TOT office to arrange for a new modem ( special offer 550Baht). I went to collect it, a few snags getting it to work, but then fine.

Since then I've had very good speeds, both up and down and no outages. This service was as good if not better than I'd expect in the UK, better because getting someone out to your home is expensive

So I say 'well done TOT' praise where praise is due.

Thanks

I live south of San Kamphaeng, and have suffered a very fragile 256kbps connection for 4 years.  A couple of weeks ago TOT finally installed new "equipment" nearer our house, now a mere 3km away & "bang" 3MB download connection.  Well chuffed  :D