Storage Facilities In Chiang Mai

palomnik

There is one company in Hang Dong that just opened this year. Run by a Brit. I just threw away the number a few days ago so I dug through my trash bin and found it. The number is 08-01219891. He said they go for 1,000 Baht a month.

Hope you find something.

Rent a small room from a long established building and lock it up. A place like that mentioned above could go under in this economy and you would never see your stuff again!

15 years ago I let an Australian guy I knew store his stuff for free at a vacant property in Bangkok my then wife owed at the time.

Someone tipped me off that the guy was keeping drugs in there and I got him out quick before the police came to arrest me and my wife. Be wary of this if letting people use your property, even for free in good faith.

I`m not sure if it is legal in Thailand for a farang to run a storage business? I would check on this before risking leaving your goods in such a place.

It maybe best to rent a cheap apartment somewhere and leave the items in there until you return.

There is one company in Hang Dong that just opened this year. Run by a Brit. I just threw away the number a few days ago so I dug through my trash bin and found it. The number is 08-01219891. He said they go for 1,000 Baht a month.

Hope you find something.

We called this person a few days ago looking for storage, but he has closed down. Not enough business, he says.

Still looking. Probably have to rent a small room.

Closed! Wow. Last time I spoke with him he had a waiting list. Although he could of told me that to rush me to rent a space. I think it was from lack of advertising. He said he was just going by word of mouth when I asked where he places his ads. Too bad. I always see about people writing to TV asking about storage places to rent. I don't know about renting an apartment, as the management knows your going to be gone for awhile and might use the opportunity to take a look inside, take something and blame it on a "Third Hand". They will of course assume no responsibility.

I think it was from lack of advertising. He said he was just going by word of mouth when I asked where he places his ads.

Only word to mouth, and reluctant to advertise makes you wonder if the necessary paperwork for running such a business is in order. Plus, for one foreigner (with the proper paperwork) you need 4 Thais as employees.

Rent a small room from a long established building and lock it up. A place like that mentioned above could go under in this economy and you would never see your stuff again!

15 years ago I let an Australian guy I knew store his stuff for free at a vacant property in Bangkok my then wife owed at the time.

Someone tipped me off that the guy was keeping drugs in there and I got him out quick before the police came to arrest me and my wife. Be wary of this if letting people use your property, even for free in good faith.

I`m not sure if it is legal in Thailand for a farang to run a storage business? I would check on this before risking leaving your goods in such a place.

It maybe best to rent a cheap apartment somewhere and leave the items in there until you return.

Yes- years ago I started letting out guesthouse rooms in the low season. Was not happy to be raided by the Police over suspected drug storage.

Luckily they caught the Thai and Farang involved, as I needed to help police perform a under cover sting, or i was in BIG trouble.

So in other words do not let others store goods that you do not know on your property.

Without a payment here and there and helping with the sting operation I am sure the story would have ended up a lot differently.

Even mates, simply ask to see the goods in storage. Now something is up if people are picking up items at 3am each morning. In hindsight it all makes sense.

BEWARE...

Yes- years ago I started letting out guesthouse rooms in the low season. Was not happy to be raided by the Police over suspected drug storage.

Luckily they caught the Thai and Farang involved, as I needed to help police perform a under cover sting, or i was in BIG trouble.

So in other words do not let others store goods that you do not know on your property.

Without a payment here and there and helping with the sting operation I am sure the story would have ended up a lot differently.

Even mates, simply ask to see the goods in storage. Now something is up if people are picking up items at 3am each morning. In hindsight it all makes sense.

BEWARE...

I agree and factor in the cost of buying shipping containers approximately 65,000 baht each delivered, Land cost infrastructure, security and need approximately 2500 baht per month rent. I do not think so.

Looking for one myself also..

Strange as in Phuket this seems a very viable business.. And lets face it, some out of town ground and some shipping containers is a low barrier of entry.

Smart customers will want some kind of security; out of town, unguarded shipping containers without security would quickly become empty containers. And even low budget security adds a lot to the cost of running this type of business. Add to that the fact that most people think storage should be cheap, and I can see why few people think it is a viable business.

• Like 1

Maybe this can help?

Let Chiang Mai Properties help you!

We have self storage rooms in different sizes, ranging from 5sqm to 50sqm. All located in our new, CCTV monitored office location on Chang Klan Rd. Complete with back door entrance and seperate stairway for your convenience.

We offer storage room for periods from 1 month up, and look together with you what option is best for your needs.

For more information and prices, please email to [email protected]

or call 089 700 2261 (TH) or 089 851 5741 (EN)